Windows 10: Speakers and audio drivers

Discus and support Speakers and audio drivers in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My speakers were listed as something like Realtek high definition audio, but they seem to have been completely deleted from my device. I already tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by zyquaza, Oct 11, 2018.

1. zyquaza Win User

Speakers and audio drivers

My speakers were listed as something like Realtek high definition audio, but they seem to have been completely deleted from my device. I already tried everything the dumb virtual assistant had to offer. Is there any way to get my audio back?

:)

zyquaza, Oct 11, 2018
  2. Ryan Fra Win User

No Speakers or Headphones detected

Hi,

This issue may have been caused by a corrupted Audio driver or defective audio port.

To better understand this concern please answer the following questions:

• Are you still able to play music using a built-in speakers?
    • Have you tried using other headphones or external speakers?

We also suggest that you run audio troubleshooter by following these steps:

• Type "troubleshooting" on the search box.
    • Select Troubleshooting on the result.
    • Click View all.
    • Choose Playing Audio then follow the instructions.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to post back.

Ryan Fra, Oct 11, 2018
  3. ericnixmd Win User
    Speaker Driver and Audio Service Weirdness

This originally was posted in the User Accounts section since I was first attempting to change the name of my username and username folder. That was successfully done.

After doing so, I had somehow managed to make it where the Audio Service wasn't loading. Despite looking at services.msc and seeing that everything was configured correctly to automatically start, was running, etc., things continued to progress. At some point I messed things up and could get no sound at all. A repair/in-place reinstallment of Windows 10 seemed to have fixed the issue, but I'm still seeing a red "X" in the speaker icon, not recognizing the speaker, etc.

The weird thing is that I can still hear sound through the speaker.

If I right click it and bring up a list of speakers, the selected speaker is "unknown." I can open the speaker list.

If I click the speaker icon to adjust the volume, I'm forced to run the troubleshooter. However, I can cancel the troubleshooter once it starts (before it has time to do anything) and by doing so, the red X disappears and I can adjust the volume.

I'm running v1709 Win Pro for Workstations.

See below pics:

Speakers and audio drivers [​IMG]

ericnixmd, Oct 11, 2018
  4. Speakers and audio drivers

Audio Troubleshooter Turned Off My Speakers?!

Hi,

If you're using external speakers, we suggest that you set the device as default. Here are the steps:

• Open Start, enter Sound, select it from the list of results.
    • On the Playback tab, select a device, then Set Default.
    See
    Fix sound problems
    for additional solutions you can perform.

If the same instance occurs, kindly perform the following steps on how to completely uninstall and reinstall the sound driver:

• Go to Start Menu > search for Device Manager.
    • Expand Sound and audio devices.
    • Right-click on the current sound driver > choose uninstall.
    • Restart your computer.
    • Download the latest sound driver from the device manufacturer's website.
    Keep us posted with the progress. We'd be glad to further assist you.

Catherine Cus., Oct 11, 2018
Thema:

Speakers and audio drivers

1. Speakers and audio drivers - Similar Threads - Speakers audio drivers

2. Generic audio driver not fixed right speaker not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Generic audio driver not fixed right speaker not working: Hi,My speakers are not working properly. Left speaker is working while right speaker is not working. I started troubleshooting but it said generic audio driver not fixed. Please guide to solve the problem....
  3. Generic audio driver not fixed right speaker not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Generic audio driver not fixed right speaker not working: Hi,My speakers are not working properly. Left speaker is working while right speaker is not working. I started troubleshooting but it said generic audio driver not fixed. Please guide to solve the problem....
  4. will bluetooth speakers work with no audio drivers?

will bluetooth speakers work with no audio drivers?: Win 10 20h2 clean re-install doesn't resolve audio driver issue on my HP X360 laptop - also tried troubleshooter, uninstall/reinstall drivers (from Realtek/HP/Microsoft). Issue is with both internal and external speakers. So assume this is probably a mainboard issue. Before...
  5. will bluetooth speakers work with no audio drivers?

will bluetooth speakers work with no audio drivers?: Win 10 20h2 clean re-install doesn't resolve audio driver issue on my HP X360 laptop - also tried troubleshooter, uninstall/reinstall drivers (from Realtek/HP/Microsoft). Issue is with both internal and external speakers. So assume this is probably a mainboard issue. Before...
  6. Redundant audio drivers for Win 10 speakers for playback

Redundant audio drivers for Win 10 speakers for playback: I have a large number of redundant audio drivers for the speakers in my Windows 10 computer Acer Aspire TC-885-ES14. This sometimes makes speaker access very confusing. For example, using Zoom today for the first time I had no audio and had to cycle through all these devices...
  7. Audio Speakers

in Windows 10 Customization
    Audio Speakers: Audio speakers are plugged in . it is not HDMI plug in. worked before. don't know what happened. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-speakers/3be12b42-9c40-4081-a7e6-269a45ed146f
  8. No Audio with speakers

in Windows 10 Customization
    No Audio with speakers: SOUNDS missing from Microphone symbol on taskbar with audio only available on headset https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-audio-with-speakers/e957d6ab-f879-4c2f-9063-561ef29d8e7b
  9. Speaker Driver and Audio Service Weirdness

Speaker Driver and Audio Service Weirdness: I think it's a bug with Windows. For me, it only surfaced with an update last month.
  10. Realtek audio driver causing distortion/speaker

Realtek audio driver causing distortion/speaker: In my right speaker, I have a slight distortion when i hear high-pitched sounds. I checked on my headphones and I dont hear it. I updated my Realtek audio drivers a few times. It improved the first time. I still have a subtle issue and I'm not sure what to do. I switched...