Windows 10: Speakers and headphones wont make/take sound

Discus and support Speakers and headphones wont make/take sound in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I turned on my PC this morning to talk to my friend on discord he couldn't hear me and I couldn't hear him, so then i went to youtube and sure enough i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/TravisEpic9, May 16, 2020.

1. Speakers and headphones wont make/take sound

I turned on my PC this morning to talk to my friend on discord he couldn't hear me and I couldn't hear him, so then i went to youtube and sure enough i couldn't hear anything, then I tried an online game and I couldn't hear the game or talk. i contacted microsoft support but they couldn't figure it out without putting up the idea to hard reset, which you really shouldn't have to do for an audio problem

any help would be appreciated, thank you

submitted by /u/TravisEpic9
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/TravisEpic9, May 16, 2020

2. No sound from headphones but speakers work.

No Its Just A Speaker

glockafella, May 16, 2020
  3. fireberd Win User
    No sound from speakers/headphones

Disconnect the front panel headphone/mic jacks from the motherboard and then see if the rear panel GREEN speaker jack works (either with speakers or headset). This is in case the front panel jack is causing no audio out. Power off the PC before opening and disconnecting the front panel audio.

The connector for the front panel audio is listed as #21 on the motherboard drawing (below).

Speakers and headphones wont make/take sound [​IMG]

fireberd, May 16, 2020
  4. Mala_S Win User

Speakers and headphones wont make/take sound

Move audio to one side for speakers but not headphones

Hello J1mmyth3F1sh,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• Is your headphones getting detected in the Playback settings?
    • Are you trying to play the audio on both Speakers and Headphones at the same time?

Ideally, if you have configured Sound settings to play on your left speakers, the same goes with the headphones. The sound starts playing only on the left side of your headphones according to the settings changed.

Meanwhile, we can try configuring the headphones and change the balance level in the sound settings and see if it works. Kindly check with the steps listed below and see if it helps.

Method : Run audio test for your headphones.

• Open Control Panel from the Start menu and click on
      Sound.
    • In the Sound window, click on your
      Headphones and select Configure option at the bottom left.
    • By running the test, check if both sides of your headphones are working fine.

If that doesn’t help, I would suggest you to check with the audio balance by following the steps listed below:

• Open Sound settings from
      Control Panel,
      and right click on the Headphones to open its
      Properties.
    • Click on Levels tab and select
      Balance
      button. In the Balance window, you can use the slider to balance both left and right headphones equally.

However, I commend and appreciate you for recognizing this behavior. This is a valuable suggestion as there may be other users with a similar requirement. Hence, I suggest you to leave a
    Feedback for this product so
    that our developer team can look into this and check if it can be implemented in the future updates.

Regards,

Mala S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, May 16, 2020
Thema:

Speakers and headphones wont make/take sound

1. Speakers and headphones wont make/take sound - Similar Threads - Speakers headphones wont

2. no sound, no speakers or headphone plugged

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    no sound, no speakers or headphone plugged: after reinstall windows 10 no speakers or headphone plugged in. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-sound-no-speakers-or-headphone-plugged/09f9bee2-88bf-43fe-8521-66392e32e827
  3. no sound, no speakers or headphone plugged

in Windows 10 Gaming
    no sound, no speakers or headphone plugged: after reinstall windows 10 no speakers or headphone plugged in. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-sound-no-speakers-or-headphone-plugged/09f9bee2-88bf-43fe-8521-66392e32e827
  4. no sound, no speakers or headphone plugged

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. No sound on speaker, but on headphone is worked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No sound on speaker, but on headphone is worked: Hello,So last week I go to a computer repair service to replace my laptop's keyboard my laptop still on Windows 10. When I take it back, I noticed that the computer can't automatically switch between speaker and headphone. I bring my laptop again to them and they tried to do...
  6. No sound on speaker, but on headphone is worked

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No sound on speaker, but on headphone is worked: Hello,So last week I go to a computer repair service to replace my laptop's keyboard my laptop still on Windows 10. When I take it back, I noticed that the computer can't automatically switch between speaker and headphone. I bring my laptop again to them and they tried to do...
  7. Winfows 10 recognises Headphones as Speakers and Speakers as Headphones. Headphones sound...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Winfows 10 recognises Headphones as Speakers and Speakers as Headphones. Headphones sound...: I have no idea how to fix this, all I know is it's been an issue for years now, since I first built this PC, I would really appreciate any input as I can't find a solution anywhere. Thanks. Some more details: I use Realtek Audio Console. I have my headphones and mic plugged...
  8. Sound Headphones - Speaker

Sound Headphones - Speaker: So i have speaker and headphones. When i plugg in just one of them, in sounds at playback it appears like "speaker", if i plugg in both of devices, the same appears in sounds at playback. I don't know how to make 2 "things" in sound settings. 1 for speaker and 1 for...
  9. No sound (no speakers, headphones, detected)

No sound (no speakers, headphones, detected): Hey there! All of the sudden my Yoga 920 running Windows 10 is not detecting any speakers/headphones and won't put out any sound. I've looked into it a bit and it looks as though there isn't a sound card installed. I've tried to run the sound troubleshooter and it just runs...
  10. No sound from speakers/headphones

No sound from speakers/headphones: Hi, I have the Dell XPS 8300 with the onboard Realtek HD Audio. I can't get any sound from speakers/headphones using any of the ports at the back and the front audio jack. The speakers are fine as I have tested them on my mobile. I have the latest drivers...