Windows 10: Speakers and Headset detected as same device.

Discus and support Speakers and Headset detected as same device. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So I got a new Headset not long ago and I use them very much.But something weird happened. Every time I plug an audio device Realtek audio console pops... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Horizonterin, Apr 2, 2023.

1. Speakers and Headset detected as same device.

So I got a new Headset not long ago and I use them very much.But something weird happened. Every time I plug an audio device Realtek audio console pops up asking me which device I plugged in and there is a set of audio devices to choose from headphone, headset, speakers etc. I usually change between speakers and headsets on occasionsI have a laptop with only one audio jack. It was working fine for a while until it just started detecting both of them as headphone. They still work but the thing is that I use the headset mic a lot in discord calls. Now it only detects the Headphones and not t

:)

Horizonterin, Apr 2, 2023
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Speakers and Headset detected as same device. :p

cadaveca, Apr 2, 2023
  3. Headset Detected as Speakers.

Speakers and Headset detected as same device. 1abdc272-2064-4836-b996-2b9ff067c5f3.png
    I
    have an edifier speaker working... I tried to add up a headset using the front jack... My speaker stopped working and my headphones are detected as speakers. I even tried to change it from the audio manager, to confirm it is selected as headphones not as speakers.
    But it stills appear in the playback devices as speakers... I even tried to transfer my headset jack to rear from front and removed my speakers. The result is still the same, I can only use either my speakers or headset because they are overlapping each other
    as both speakers. Even though my Asus monitor HDMI speaker is detected properly. I am using windows 10 and ROG MOBO. I know this is an old issue but still an issue for me. Need help.

Plugged into:

LINE OUT GREEN (REAR) and HEADPHONE JACK (Front)

Pierre Albert, Apr 2, 2023
  4. Windbrand Win User

Speakers and Headset detected as same device.

Laptop won't detect built-in mic on headsets/earbuds

I'm running Windows 10 home on a Lenovo Ideapad laptop, and it doesn't detect the mic on any of my headsets/earbuds. I can hear playback fine on my headsets/earbuds, but it can't speak through them, since it insists on using the laptop's internal mic. This results in my typing/mouse clicks all being captured on audio.

• In sound properties recording tab, I just see "microphone (Realtek high def audio)" and "stereo mix (Realtek high def audio)"
    • In sound properties playback tab, I just see "speakers (Realtek high def audio)", yet I hear audio fine on my headsets/earbuds?
    • In device manager, it doesn't detect a headset either, displays the same list as the recording tab
    So do all 3 of my headsets/earbuds have some kind of "plug and play but stays invisible to the OS" feature? One of them is the default Apple earbuds, I'm 100% sure there's a mic on there and these are brand new, so they aren't broken. Are these not supposed to appear as a "headset" device with the headset icon in sound properties?

Windbrand, Apr 2, 2023
Thema:

Speakers and Headset detected as same device.

1. Speakers and Headset detected as same device. - Similar Threads - Speakers Headset detected

2. Headset detected as speakers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headset detected as speakers: I recently bought the razer barracuda x 2022 version and it detected as speakers so i think thats why i can use my mic at all and the audio is low https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/headset-detected-as-speakers/6c431597-4266-4cf1-a7a1-6ca8fbc4e2fc
  3. Headset detected as speakers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headset detected as speakers: I recently bought the razer barracuda x 2022 version and it detected as speakers so i think thats why i can use my mic at all and the audio is low https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/headset-detected-as-speakers/6c431597-4266-4cf1-a7a1-6ca8fbc4e2fc
  4. Headset detected as speakers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Speakers and Headset detected as same device.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Speakers and Headset detected as same device.: So I got a new Headset not long ago and I use them very much.But something weird happened. Every time I plug an audio device Realtek audio console pops up asking me which device I plugged in and there is a set of audio devices to choose from headphone, headset, speakers etc....
  6. Speakers and Headset detected as same device.

Speakers and Headset detected as same device.: So I got a new Headset not long ago and I use them very much.But something weird happened. Every time I plug an audio device Realtek audio console pops up asking me which device I plugged in and there is a set of audio devices to choose from headphone, headset, speakers etc....
  7. Xbox Headset detected as speakers

Xbox Headset detected as speakers: I have Xbox Wireless Headset which is paired with both xbox and windows 11 but win 11 keeps detecting it as speakers , which makes the sound quality very poor, and volume very low. I saw many similar cases online, but no solution I found really helps me.i tried:removing/...
  8. My headset is detected as a 7.1 speaker and my speaker is detected as a headset.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My headset is detected as a 7.1 speaker and my speaker is detected as a headset.: Hello everyone, here's my issue.I've used W11 for months now, and didn't have any issues. A few days ago, I changed my drives because they were starting to get old. So I reinstalled W11 on my new SSDs. Everything went fine, except for my audio devices. As you can see on the...
  9. My headset is detected as a 7.1 speaker and my speaker is detected as a headset.

My headset is detected as a 7.1 speaker and my speaker is detected as a headset.: Hello everyone, here's my issue.I've used W11 for months now, and didn't have any issues. A few days ago, I changed my drives because they were starting to get old. So I reinstalled W11 on my new SSDs. Everything went fine, except for my audio devices. As you can see on the...
  10. Headset and speakers being detected by windows as a single device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headset and speakers being detected by windows as a single device: Hello. Whenever I have my headset plugged into my PC, I cannot use my speakers because both devices are shown as a single device. Is there any way to fix this and separate the two devices so I can switch between them? Thanks....