Windows 10: Speakers are crackling and has some noise

Discus and support Speakers are crackling and has some noise in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Laptop Model: Toshiba Satellite S55-A5292NR Originally, my laptop runs on Windows 8. Recently April 9, 2020, I downloaded the Windows 10 Pro from MS... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by vixxsaj, Apr 25, 2020.

1. vixxsaj Win User

Speakers are crackling and has some noise

Laptop Model: Toshiba Satellite S55-A5292NR

Originally, my laptop runs on Windows 8. Recently April 9, 2020, I downloaded the Windows 10 Pro from MS official website and installed it on my laptop. My speakers were working fine. But as of the other day April 23, 2020, after installing some Windows update, my speakers suddenly 1 stopped working but worked after restarting; then 2 the sound output is now crackling and has some noise that I couldn't even listen to music or watch videos anymore.

I tried the fixes such as:

1 Setting the Sound format to 16 bit 44100 Hz CD Quality

2 Updating the drivers:

2.1 Audio inputs and outputs > Speakers IDT High Definition Audio CODEC

2.2 Sound, video and game controllers > IntelR Display Audio - I updated the driver toHigh Definition Audio Device

Note: I even tried uninstalling this driver

3 Troubleshooting the Playing Audio using the Windows Troubleshooter

4 Disabling the Exclusive mode from Speaker Properties

Note: I couldn't disable the Audio Enhancements because theEnhancements tab is missing from my Speaker Properties which was present before I did the Windows update.

5 I downloaded and installed the Audio driver from Toshiba official website but I got an error message during installation therefore the installation was aborted. The error message was "The hardware detected is not supported by this IDT software package. The install will be aborted."

Everything I tried did not work. And I dont know what to do anymore that's why I'm posting my problem here, hoping someone could help me.

Thank you!

:)

vixxsaj, Apr 25, 2020
  2. Micah Bat Win User

Crackling noise

Hi,

To better assist you regarding your concern, we would like to ask some questions:

• Is the crackling noise affecting the performance of your computer?
    • Which part of your computer do you hear the crackling noise?

There are many reasons why your computer is having a noise. It can be that your computer's fan or air vent is covered with dust. Cleaning it can help you resolve your concern. It can be that your BIOS is not updated, you can update your BIOS with the help
    of your computer's manufacturer.

We're looking forward to your response.

Micah Bat, Apr 25, 2020
  3. Andrei23 Win User
    Laptop speaker crackling noise problem

Hello,

My laptop has developed a very annoying crackling noise in the right speaker as of late. I started noticing it as I was listening to some music on it, and then it gradually got worse and worse to the point that I couldn't bear it any more. I do not get this problem when I wear headphones, it's just the right speaker acting up. The laptop is new (less than two months old) and still under warranty. At the moment I have turned the speaker off and I am only running off the left one when not using headphones. If anyone has any suggestions I would appreciate it. Also, I don't think it's driver related because the left speaker works flawlessly and I don't get the same annoying crackling sounds when using headphones.

Andrei23, Apr 25, 2020
  4. Speakers are crackling and has some noise

Audio from laptop speaker crackles

I have a Dell Inspiron 15 laptop that starting making crackling noises in it's built in speakers last week. It makes the noise when playing any kind of sound. I ran the audio troubleshooter and nothing was found. I rolled back a display
    driver update I got a few days before hand but it was still making the noise. I then uninstalled the audio driver and restarted my laptop. When it came back on, the driver came back by itself and it stopped making the crackling noises. But tonight it started
    doing it again. I ran the troubleshooter again and it suggested turning off audio enhancements but nothing is checkmarked except "immediate mode". I removed the checkmark but the sound is still crackling.

Goodell Must Go, Apr 25, 2020
Thema:

Speakers are crackling and has some noise

1. Speakers are crackling and has some noise - Similar Threads - Speakers are crackling

2. Screen flickering and crackling noises

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen flickering and crackling noises: pls i need help. my pc monitor is flickering with some lines and going off an on randomly. this problem has been going on for a week and i tried updating, reinstalling my graphic drivers, running a few disk scans. then my speakers also make a crackling mild sound that...
  3. Windows 10 speakers making crackling noise.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 speakers making crackling noise.: So, at random, the audio on my computer would just start making this crackling noise. This never was an issue before [since the last update, my audio was working just fine], but it's annoying as hell. The process of the crackling noise problem:1. I'm listening to music2....
  4. Windows 10 speakers making crackling noise.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 speakers making crackling noise.: So, at random, the audio on my computer would just start making this crackling noise. This never was an issue before [since the last update, my audio was working just fine], but it's annoying as hell. The process of the crackling noise problem:1. I'm listening to music2....
  5. Windows 10 speakers making crackling noise.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. mild screen flickering with a low crackle noise from pc speakers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    mild screen flickering with a low crackle noise from pc speakers: my pc screen randomly flickers by small lines flashing on screen each second or so. i can perfectly see everything on screen but just with a mild disturbance with those small lines as if the cable is not well connected. these flicker lines also join with a low crackling noise...
  7. mild screen flickering with a low crackle noise from pc speakers

mild screen flickering with a low crackle noise from pc speakers: my pc screen randomly flickers by small lines flashing on screen each second or so. i can perfectly see everything on screen but just with a mild disturbance with those small lines as if the cable is not well connected. these flicker lines also join with a low crackling noise...
  8. Crackling Noise on Speaker Windows 10

Crackling Noise on Speaker Windows 10: My laptop speaker has this heavy crackling noise when i play some music, anyone know how to fix this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/crackling-noise-on-speaker-windows-10/fe2d25df-cb23-4ffb-a8b3-eae6e6a71af0
  9. Crackling noises

Crackling noises: Hi Excuse my English So my input for my jacks in my Provonto computer don't work correctly, I constantly heared crackling noises and my mic didn't work. So i bought a something where i can put my jacks in and then connect that to a usb port. Link to product: not exactly...
  10. Crackling Noise

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Crackling Noise: My Laptop (HP-14 CK0121TU) is making a crackling noise with windows 10. It does not make the sound in Safe mod and even using Ubuntu. I recently bought it and installed windows 10 on it. I used the key from my old Dell laptop which is broken. I Tried Updating the sound...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. speaker making crackling noise windows 10