Windows 10: Speakers Are Resetting To Default After Updates

Discus and support Speakers Are Resetting To Default After Updates in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; No, there are no driver or device issues (first thing I checked). Everything worked absolutely fine on Windows 7, upgraded to Windows 10 and my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by WINDOWS 10 IS USELESS, Jan 3, 2019.

1. Speakers Are Resetting To Default After Updates

No, there are no driver or device issues (first thing I checked). Everything worked absolutely fine on Windows 7, upgraded to Windows 10 and my speaker default is reset with each update (along with practically everything else because, well, Windows 10).

***Moved From: Windows 10/Performance & system failures***

***Changed Original Title From: Why does Windows 10 reset my default speakers whenever it updates?***

:)

WINDOWS 10 IS USELESS, Jan 3, 2019
  2. IggSter Win User

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Jan 3, 2019
  3. Speakers not recognized after Win 10 Reset

We appreciate your response. Have you tried checking/using your speaker on a different computer? This is to check if it is a hardware related issue. If the speaker is working fine on a different computer; then, we suggest that you try installing the latest
    audio driver, and check if it works for you. Below are the steps:

• Press Windows + X keys and click
      Device Manager
    • Expand the Sound, Video and game controllers.
    • Right-click on the Sound card and click on Update driver software.
    • Restart the computer and check.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Jan 3, 2019
  4. kormath Win User

Speakers Are Resetting To Default After Updates

Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done Speakers Are Resetting To Default After Updates :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Jan 3, 2019
Thema:

Speakers Are Resetting To Default After Updates

1. Speakers Are Resetting To Default After Updates - Similar Threads - Speakers Are Resetting

2. Default speaker notification

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Default speaker notification: I recently paired my wireless headphones to my PC. Now every time I put in headphones or take them out I get a large notification across the screen that lets me know my default speaker/audio/microphone has changed. How do I get rid of this?...
  3. Default speaker notification

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Default speaker notification: I recently paired my wireless headphones to my PC. Now every time I put in headphones or take them out I get a large notification across the screen that lets me know my default speaker/audio/microphone has changed. How do I get rid of this?...
  4. Default speaker notification

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Default apps and preferences resetting after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Default apps and preferences resetting after update: I just recently installed Windows 10 on my new pc and it already had an update, after the update the following happen after I turn my computer on: -default apps reset to Windows defaults -Chrome browser resets and logs me out of Google accounts -personalization settings...
  6. Default speakers not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Default speakers not working: Sometimes the default speaker being changed sends the sound to the wrong speaker, it will stay this way until I change it. It will not always be the same speaker it sets it to, and it reacts the same if I try to make changes on the "App volume device preferences"...
  7. default speakers not working properly after windows update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    default speakers not working properly after windows update: after the windows update i felt that for 2-3 days there was a problem with my earphones. when i start a video there is no sound for a few seconds but when i moved the video a few seconds back the earphones started working normally. today i was watching a video online (without...
  8. Why does Windows 10 reset my default speakers whenever it updates?

Why does Windows 10 reset my default speakers whenever it updates?: No, there are no driver or device issues (first thing I checked). Everything worked absolutely fine on Windows 7, upgraded to Windows 10 and my speaker default is reset with each update (along with practically everything else because, well, Windows 10). ***Moved From:...
  9. Why does Windows 10 reset my default speakers whenever it updates?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why does Windows 10 reset my default speakers whenever it updates?: No, there are no driver or device issues (first thing I checked). Everything worked absolutely fine on Windows 7, upgraded to Windows 10 and my speaker default is reset with each update (along with practically everything else because, well, Windows 10)....
  10. Speaker volume resets after updating to Windows 10 1803

Speaker volume resets after updating to Windows 10 1803: Hi all, I have just updated to Windows 10 1803. My problem is similar to the link below, except my volume always reset to 68 no matter what level I've changed it to. The solution quoted in the link didn't work for me....