Windows 10: Speakers aren't being recognized

Discus and support Speakers aren't being recognized in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey guys. Unfortunately, my laptop speakers (I have an HP Spectre x360 13t 2020) aren't being detected by windows anymore. I have version 2004 Build... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Boinbo, Jun 18, 2020.

1. /u/Boinbo Win User

Speakers aren't being recognized

Hey guys. Unfortunately, my laptop speakers (I have an HP Spectre x360 13t 2020) aren't being detected by windows anymore. I have version 2004 Build 20150.1000. If you need any more info, I will provide it. Thanks.

submitted by /u/Boinbo
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Boinbo, Jun 18, 2020
  2. Larry Win User
    Larry, Jun 18, 2020
  3. Junaid_A Win User
    Windows 10 recognizes my UE Megaboom as a headset and not a speaker will not work?

Hi Rachael,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I suggest you try the steps listed below and check if it works. This issue could be because of the Headphones BT SPEAKER Stereo being set as default. I suggest you to try the steps listed below and check if it works.

• Pair the speaker with your PC.
    • Right click the Windows icon on the taskbar and choose
      Device Manager.

• Expand Sound, video, and game controllers
      and right click on your Bluetooth speaker (BT SPEAKER Stereo).
    • Choose Disable and acknowledge the confirmation popup. Wait for the screen to refresh.
    • Right click on the same device again and Enable.
    • Exit Device Manager and see if the issue persist.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Jun 18, 2020
  4. diego Win User

Icons from apps aren´t displayed correctly

Speakers aren't being recognized [​IMG]

The native apps from the system are all showing this strange square instead of the normal icons. Please help resolve this problem. Thanks

diego, Jun 18, 2020
Thema:

1. Speakers aren't being recognized - Similar Threads - Speakers aren't being

2. Headphones being recognized as speakers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphones being recognized as speakers: In the past I could fix this using realtek hd audio manager, but for some reason, with the release of windows 11 I can't do this anymore? My headphones are being recognized as speakers, but I cant them to headphones. I've tried doing so manually in the control panel, but for...
  3. Headphones being recognized as speakers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headphones being recognized as speakers: In the past I could fix this using realtek hd audio manager, but for some reason, with the release of windows 11 I can't do this anymore? My headphones are being recognized as speakers, but I cant them to headphones. I've tried doing so manually in the control panel, but for...
  4. USB Audio Input Being Recognized as a Speaker

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Audio Input Being Recognized as a Speaker: I'm using an Ion Tape Express USB input to convert cassettes to mp3. It worked great a few months ago. Now when I connect to usb the tape player is being recognized as a speaker so I can no longer use it with Audacity. I've done all the delete and reinstall options with the...
  5. USB Audio Input Being Recognized as a Speaker

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Audio Input Being Recognized as a Speaker: I'm using an Ion Tape Express USB input to convert cassettes to mp3. It worked great a few months ago. Now when I connect to usb the tape player is being recognized as a speaker so I can no longer use it with Audacity. I've done all the delete and reinstall options with the...
  6. USB Audio Input Being Recognized as a Speaker

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Headphones being recognized as speakers.

Headphones being recognized as speakers.: A few days ago I bought new headphones [Rampage RM-K27 X-JAMMER]. Now when I plugged them in they're being recognized as a speaker and not actual headphones. Right now it is recognized as a speaker and the sound is kinda weird? I tried messing up with Realtek settings and...
  8. Headphones aren't working, or being recognized.

Headphones aren't working, or being recognized.: I have tried to disable realtek, I have installed a windows update, I have gone to control panel and device manager to switch and update drivers, I have tested my headphones with other devices, I have left my headphones unplugged for 24 hours and I have turned my computer on...
  9. Headphones are being recognized as speakers.

Headphones are being recognized as speakers.: So i have my headphones pluged in at the front. The sound comes out of headphones but headphones get recognized as speakers. People in skype or teamspeak can hear everything i lisen to or my game sounds like i woud be playing with speakers i dont how to fix plz help....
  10. Headphones are being recognized as speakers.

Headphones are being recognized as speakers.: I started up my laptop a while ago to play some music while i do work but when i plugged in my headphones there was no music. The music plays on the speakers but headphones nothing....i have tried many headphones on my laptop and none worked but they do work on my ipod....