Windows 10: Speakers balance changes

Discus and support Speakers balance changes in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have computer speakers that are going through some balancing acts whereby when playing video online the right speaker will stop playing. I get off... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by leis, Mar 21, 2020.

1. leis Win User

Speakers balance changes

I have computer speakers that are going through some balancing acts whereby when playing video online the right speaker will stop playing. I get off video or news, etc. or offline, and testing through the Realtek audio manager/controller the left speaker goes out.
    Testing moving balance to the full left-nothing. Put balance in middle it plays right speaker only and fully to the right plays right. And plays the left side as well because they have one speaker test that when hitting it will do a jingle from the left and then to the right and now plays both left and right in the right 'only.'

The speakers are pro media 2.1 computer (bluetooth) speakers. However, since I opted off purchasing the wireless speakers and wanted the regular wire/cable to plug to the outlet, i have always used them in that way. I finally determined why they play my neighbors music when they play it on patio, it plays theirs "only" and then if i switch and turn on my own speakers to the bluetooth is how win-over that output. But i don't like the bluetooth part of playing them because i lose the function of the audio control/Realtek audio manager where you can enhance sounds with selecting Rock or Pop, etc... So, i just turn off or not connect the bluetooth on most and much of the time basis. Other different anominally (spellchek-sorry) The speakers stay on always, per the manufacturer Klipsch for purposes of not surging electricity, i guess or for the most part out of reading terms, etc. and that language, but yes, there's no power off or on and i've unplugged many times when taken over by the signal Bluetoothing, as i call it, when neighbors play their music outside and it likes their wares better because i totally lose my sounds to theirs when.. Speakers balance changes :)
    Any ideas or suggestions on this one?

:)

2. Audio Balance in Windows 10

I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check-

• Click on Start and then control panel.
    • Open the option of Sound and in the tab of
      playback
      click on the windows displaying speakers. This enables the button properties, click on it.
    • This opens new window as Speakers properties, here click on the tab
      Levels.
    • Now click on the button Balance in front of the speaker volume bar.
    • This will open another small window of Balance. Here you may adjust the balance between the left and right speakers as per requirement.
    Hope this helps. Let us know the results.

Thanks,

Meghmala – Microsoft Support

MikeLambert57, Mar 21, 2020
  3. Mala_S Win User
    Move audio to one side for speakers but not headphones

Hello J1mmyth3F1sh,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• Is your headphones getting detected in the Playback settings?
    • Are you trying to play the audio on both Speakers and Headphones at the same time?

Ideally, if you have configured Sound settings to play on your left speakers, the same goes with the headphones. The sound starts playing only on the left side of your headphones according to the settings changed.

Meanwhile, we can try configuring the headphones and change the balance level in the sound settings and see if it works. Kindly check with the steps listed below and see if it helps.

Method : Run audio test for your headphones.

• Open Control Panel from the Start menu and click on
      Sound.
    • In the Sound window, click on your
      Headphones and select Configure option at the bottom left.
    • By running the test, check if both sides of your headphones are working fine.

If that doesn’t help, I would suggest you to check with the audio balance by following the steps listed below:

• Open Sound settings from
      Control Panel,
      and right click on the Headphones to open its
      Properties.
    • Click on Levels tab and select
      Balance
      button. In the Balance window, you can use the slider to balance both left and right headphones equally.

However, I commend and appreciate you for recognizing this behavior. This is a valuable suggestion as there may be other users with a similar requirement. Hence, I suggest you to leave a
    Feedback for this product so
    that our developer team can look into this and check if it can be implemented in the future updates.

Regards,

Mala S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, Mar 21, 2020
  4. Speakers balance changes

Making speaker balance permanent

Hopefully this one is simple...

Windows 10 Pro.
    I have a hearing problem and need to run the left speaker louder than the right so things sound balanced. I found the speaker settings and balance in the properties and adjusted things to my liking. But it appears that when I rebooted the PC it went back to the default. VOLUME appears to be persistent across reboots, but as near as I can tell, balance isn't...

How do I make the balance setting persistent?

GracieAllen, Mar 21, 2020
Thema:

Speakers balance changes

1. Speakers balance changes - Similar Threads - Speakers balance changes

2. Speaker Balance Bar

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Speaker Balance Bar: I can get the speakers volume balance adjustment bar on my speaker property setting. Any advice? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/speaker-balance-bar/ed50bece-da20-495a-9da8-de062fc46e88
  3. headphones will randomly change audio balance of right speaker to 55

in Windows 10 Customization
    headphones will randomly change audio balance of right speaker to 55: I can't remember when I first noticed this issue but its been happening to me every few days for at least a year, and I can't understand why it happens. currently on build 18363 I'll occasionally start my PC and the balance for my headphones will have changed itself so that...
  4. Speaker Levels Balance Slider Missing

Speaker Levels Balance Slider Missing: Hi, I can't see any slider apart from the main sound slider in my speaker settings. I have that : [ATTACH] And i need that : [ATTACH] I do not have any Microphone or Line In slider. Do somebody know how to fix that ? Thank you, ArthusWQZ...
  5. Sound balance changes spontaneously

Sound balance changes spontaneously: Hello, I am using an HP Omen running Windows 10. Every once in a while the computer will very obviously change the LR stereo balance I think to make the right side quieter or louder. It won't change back for a while, maybe 20 minutes, and then revert to its previous volume...
  6. Hqw to correct constantly changing speaker balance in a Windows 10, HP laptop, Realtech...

Hqw to correct constantly changing speaker balance in a Windows 10, HP laptop, Realtech...: HP just wants me to reload windows and wipe out everything I have saved, but they can't explain why I have no problem with the balance on headphones or earbuds, but do on the computer speakers. IT starts off balanced then, after about 20 - 30 seconds it moves totally to the...
  7. Audio Balance Bug - Balance changes when changing volume

Audio Balance Bug - Balance changes when changing volume: Hello forum, So I have a weird bug that I cannot find anything on the internet for. Like the title says, when changing the volume (either with the keyboard or mouse), the left-right channels change with it. It's really odd, and it's happened in the past, but I don't know...
  8. W10 speaker balance

W10 speaker balance: How do I balance speakers, L-R, in W10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/w10-speaker-balance/0c590a4e-2be1-45ea-bd8f-213a3c1813b0
  9. Sound balancing in bluetooth speakers

Sound balancing in bluetooth speakers: When I try to balance the sound from my left and right bluetooth speakers in sound settings, they increase/decrease simultaneously. It didn't happen before. I'm using Windows 10 pro. How to solve this issue?...
  10. Making speaker balance permanent

Making speaker balance permanent: Hopefully this one is simple... Windows 10 Pro. I have a hearing problem and need to run the left speaker louder than the right so things sound balanced. I found the speaker settings and balance in the properties and adjusted things to my liking. But it appears that when...