Windows 10: Speakers configuration keeps reverting to stereo

Discus and support Speakers configuration keeps reverting to stereo in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi there, I have encountered a problem with Windows 10 Version 1809. When I click on "Configure" on Windows Sound, the speakers configuration will... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by dinopkk, Feb 26, 2019.

1. dinopkk Win User

Speakers configuration keeps reverting to stereo

Hi there,

I have encountered a problem with Windows 10 Version 1809.

When I click on "Configure" on Windows Sound, the speakers configuration will revert to stereo even after I have selected 5.1 speakers or 7.1 speakers.

The issue also causes the sample rate to revert to a lower setting.

For example if I have selected 24bit 96kHz on an audio device, clicking on "Configure" will cause the sample rate to revert to 24bit 48kHz.

When I click on "Configure" and click on "Cancel", the speakers' configuration reverts to stereo.

Speakers configuration keeps reverting to stereo 2af96bc6-77af-42af-98cd-7b15a7a85891?upload=true.jpg

Speakers configuration keeps reverting to stereo b70b2825-d562-4fab-9e0f-b84f802864e1?upload=true.jpg

This is happening on other audio devices as well.

This is a video I took with the onboard audio device:

https://youtu.be/EoqlMSMw7LY

:)

dinopkk, Feb 26, 2019

2. Speaker configuration keeps resetting itself

Hi,

I use a receiver to output my laptop's feed to my TV and 5.1 setup via HDMI. Since the Anniversary update, Speaker Setup keeps resetting itself to Stereo instead of 5.1. Sometimes it happens on boot, sometimes during normal use. For example, I just closed Starcraft
    2, and my receiver flashed Stereo - was just playing in 5.1. Sure enough, Speaker Setup had reset itself to Stereo when I exited the game.

Also, is there a way to circumvent Windows deciding what setup should be used ? For example, I would like iTunes to play in Stereo, but Starcraft to be in 5.1.

For example, Starcraft's Sound Setup options are greyed out, it says that Windows doesn't allow any other configuration than what is set through Windows itself. Manually switching from Stereo when playing music to 5.1 when playing games is utterly ridiculous
    and out of the question.

Thanks

Matte Parent, Feb 26, 2019
  3. Stereo speakers on the Lumia 920?

They are two distinct speaker grill with a monoaural piezoelectric speaker. No stereophonic distinctly separated left nor right channel speakers to be found here. It is all in mono.

Only Nokia can verify the final specifications and lay this matter to rest once and for all. As for now, the findings stay as is. It is indeed in mono, as found in the public website of Nokia Developers Handsfree
    Speaker
    (singular, not plural)

Now compare it with Nokia N82, which has stereo handsfree speakers Stereo Handsfree Speakers (plural, not singular)

"Listen to music with enhanced “3D stereo” using the built-in dual speakers or connect the Nokia N82 to a compatible TV using direct TV out connectivity or via Wireless LAN and UPnP."

ster·e·o

/ˈsterē-ō/

Noun

• Sound that is directed through two or
      more speakers so that it seems to surround the listener and to come from more than one source;...
    • A sound system, typically including a CD, tape, or record player, that has
      two or more speakers and produces
      stereo sound.

steelicon---01, Feb 26, 2019
  4. Xylee Del Win User

Speaker Configuration resets from 7.1 to Stereo after reboot

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Windows 10 may have encountered a compatibility issue or a driver conflict. For us to assist you better, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue? Is it also happening prior to the 1709 update?
    • Is your speaker configuration went back to 2.0 after it has been set to 7.1 whenever you reboot your computer?
    • Aside from uninstalling and reinstalling the driver, have you also tried updating or rolling back your driver?

While we research further about this issue, we suggest that you perform the steps on this

article
    to see if there will be any changes on your computer.

Kindly get back to us.

Xylee Del, Feb 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Speakers configuration keeps reverting to stereo - Similar Threads - Speakers configuration keeps

2. Sound reverts away from stereo

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound reverts away from stereo: With today's Windows 11 update, SoundBlaster is is heavy bass, little treble. Dictation is not clear, mumbled.Why and how can I change it back to clear audio?...
  3. Sound reverts away from stereo

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound reverts away from stereo: With today's Windows 11 update, SoundBlaster is is heavy bass, little treble. Dictation is not clear, mumbled.Why and how can I change it back to clear audio?...
  4. Windows sound keeps changing sound settings and reverting to stereo

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows sound keeps changing sound settings and reverting to stereo: Nearly every time I go to play something I have to right click on the sound icon in the toolbar and reselect ATMOS. Windows constantly sets the sound output to STEREO.I have seen this question asked several times and each time the suggestion is to re-install the sound...
  5. Windows sound keeps changing sound settings and reverting to stereo

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows sound keeps changing sound settings and reverting to stereo: Nearly every time I go to play something I have to right click on the sound icon in the toolbar and reselect ATMOS. Windows constantly sets the sound output to STEREO.I have seen this question asked several times and each time the suggestion is to re-install the sound...
  6. Windows sound keeps changing sound settings and reverting to stereo

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. The configuration is resetting to Stereo after reboot

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    The configuration is resetting to Stereo after reboot: Windows 10 20H2 x64 19042.867 If the audio system is configured in the Audio Dialog, after restart or removing my Microphone jack, The system reverts back to stereo. But, if I used the "bloatware" Realtek Settings, It doesn't revert back but if I removed the Microphone jack,...
  8. Stereo speakers are configured as surround speakers, meaning nonexistent speakers play the...

Stereo speakers are configured as surround speakers, meaning nonexistent speakers play the...: I have a couple of G560 speakers two front speakers and a subwoofer. I have discovered that they are configured as 7.1 surround speakers. In the "playback" settings of Windows 10, to "configure speakers", and when choosing my configuration, I can only choose "7.1 surround"....
  9. No Stereo Option On Speaker Configuraiton

in Windows 10 Customization
    No Stereo Option On Speaker Configuraiton: I'm having the same issue as this person TEN YEARS ON. IN TEN YEARS THIS ISSUE STILL HASN'T BEEN FIXED. and on a Different Version. They were on 7 and had this issue. I'm on 10 and have this issue. Why has this issue not been fixed....
  10. Speaker configuration reverts to Stereo upon reboot - with workaround.

Speaker configuration reverts to Stereo upon reboot - with workaround.: As anyone who has this problem will discover when searching this issue, you are not alone. There are many threads in answers.microsoft.com on this issue, some dating back to 2016, or possibly further. All of the threads now appear to be locked, although some of them were...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 turning off receiver keeps speaker resetting to 7.1

2. windows 10 5.1 keeps revirting to stero