Windows 10: Speakers gone after Windows 10 update

Discus and support Speakers gone after Windows 10 update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My Lenovo desktop lost sound after the February update to Windows. There isn't an output device to choose from in the settings. No Sound, Video and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Christy Welch christy, Mar 24, 2021.

1. Speakers gone after Windows 10 update

My Lenovo desktop lost sound after the February update to Windows. There isn't an output device to choose from in the settings. No Sound, Video and Games Controllers or Audio Inputs/Outputs in the device manager. They do not show up when I try to "Show Hidden Devices". I've been searching for answers and trying things since it happened. None of the options work. Any ideas?

Thank you.

:)

Christy Welch christy, Mar 24, 2021

2. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Mar 24, 2021
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 24, 2021
  4. Speakers gone after Windows 10 update

[SOLVED] Windows 10 Realtek 'Speaker Fill' not working

Found a solution.

#1: Close Nehimic (setup does not auto-close it) and uninstall if it is installed.

#2: Uninstall Realtek drivers. Restart computer when prompted. When your computer comes back up, Realtek will be running off of Microsoft's generic HD Audio driver.

#3: Follow the directions here to prohibit Windows Update from reinstalling the Realtek driver.

#4: Open "Sounds" then "Playback Devices," select the device from the list and click on "Configure." Follow the prompts.

#5: Right click on the device and select "Properties," then "Enhancements," then check "Speaker Fill" and apply. If you do not see "Speaker Fill," repeat step #4 and make sure to pick a choice that has more than two speakers. "Apply" the changes.

#6: Start playing audio. You will have to restart the program if it was running in order for the change to take effect. Your stereo music should now be playing as Stereo Surround! *Big Grin Speakers gone after Windows 10 update :D

FordGT90Concept, Mar 24, 2021
Thema:

Speakers gone after Windows 10 update

1. Speakers gone after Windows 10 update - Similar Threads - Speakers gone update

2. Externals speakers gone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Externals speakers gone: since the last update my klipsch external speakers have quit working and I can not find them in sound only Realtek shows up.I unhooked them and and reconnected them in, no luck. They were working until Thursday...
  3. Externals speakers gone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Externals speakers gone: since the last update my klipsch external speakers have quit working and I can not find them in sound only Realtek shows up.I unhooked them and and reconnected them in, no luck. They were working until Thursday...
  4. Speakers not working after Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Speakers not working after Windows 10 update: OS : WIndows 10 Date of update : 12 Jan 2021 Issue post update : No audio despite repeated troubleshooting, driver reinstallation and restarts. Please help!...
  5. speaker problems after Windows 10 update

speaker problems after Windows 10 update: After a W10 update two days ago I lost my ability to send/receive Outlook 2010 mail, speakers won't play, and my computer won't recognize my Garmin handheld GPS unit. After spending about 8 hours trying to address these issues I give up....
  6. Documents gone after Windows 10 2004 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Documents gone after Windows 10 2004 update: Documents gone after Windows 10 2004 update. My Pictures are still there, though https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/documents-gone-after-windows-10-2004-update/a7e22c2c-e564-42eb-bd00-fc158443247f
  7. Sound devices gone after Windows 10 Update

Sound devices gone after Windows 10 Update: Windows sound is breaking everytime I load a new game to play, I get an X on my sound and it like sends lag throughout my pc. Please some help today would be awesome![ATTACH]...
  8. Popping speakers after Windows 10 update

Popping speakers after Windows 10 update: I just did an update and ever since, the speakers in my system are making a repeated popping noise. This is the same noise they always make when the system is first booted up which you are probably familiar with. But normally they make that sound only once on restart and...
  9. sound gone after update windows 10

sound gone after update windows 10: [ATTACH] sound is not working after latest update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-gone-after-update-windows-10/7a57bf7f-6081-4ca7-a155-fddb39595927
  10. Red X gone but still no sound coming out of speakers after Windows update

Red X gone but still no sound coming out of speakers after Windows update: after being forced to update to windows 10 my speaker icon for volume showed a red X, so I followed recommendations and the red X is NO longer there, but I still have no sound coming from the speakers, I've done everything and keep getting FAILURE TO PLAYBACK TEST TONE,...