Windows 10: Speakers have stopped working on some apps

Discus and support Speakers have stopped working on some apps in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Internal speaker tests ok, with sound, but there is no sound on videos/news/Netflix. Amazon music does work! I must have inadvertently changed a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MichaelMilne, Jan 1, 2021.

1. Speakers have stopped working on some apps

Internal speaker tests ok, with sound, but there is no sound on videos/news/Netflix. Amazon music does work! I must have inadvertently changed a setting somewhere - any help will be appreciated!

:)

MichaelMilne, Jan 1, 2021
  2. Junaid_A Win User

Windows 10 recognizes my UE Megaboom as a headset and not a speaker will not work?

Hi Rachael,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I suggest you try the steps listed below and check if it works. This issue could be because of the Headphones BT SPEAKER Stereo being set as default. I suggest you to try the steps listed below and check if it works.

• Pair the speaker with your PC.
    • Right click the Windows icon on the taskbar and choose
      Device Manager.

• Expand Sound, video, and game controllers
      and right click on your Bluetooth speaker (BT SPEAKER Stereo).
    • Choose Disable and acknowledge the confirmation popup. Wait for the screen to refresh.
    • Right click on the same device again and Enable.
    • Exit Device Manager and see if the issue persist.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Jan 1, 2021
  3. Ivy Mun Win User
    Speakers and headphones work at the same time

Hi.

Let us isolate your concern by answering these few questions.

• Have you tried connecting your headphones directly to your desktop?
    • Does your speaker work normally when connected to your desktop?
    You may try the following steps to help resolve your concern:

• Unplug or Disconnect your speaker from the desktop.
    • Connect your headphone directly to the desktop.
    If the headphone works properly when directly connected to the desktop, we suggest that you contact your speaker manufacturer for assistance.

Let us know how it goes.

Ivy Mun, Jan 1, 2021
  4. Speakers have stopped working on some apps

Bluetooth speaker doesn't work

Hi,

It's really odd that your Bluetooth speaker stopped working with your computer, while it works fine with your other devices. We suggest that you remove your device from the paired list on your computer, and pair it again. You may also check this
    article to learn how to Fix Bluetooth problems in Windows 10. You'll find the troubleshooting
    steps for your concern on the list of questions in the article.

We're looking forward to your feedback.

Carlos Tin, Jan 1, 2021
Thema:

Speakers have stopped working on some apps

1. Speakers have stopped working on some apps - Similar Threads - Speakers stopped working

2. Speaker stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Speaker stopped working: My speaker stopped working suddenly. Even a warm reboot didn't resolve the issue. I had to unplug the device from socket and plug it back to make it work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/speaker-stopped-working/f32add7e-2ee6-4030-9db9-3e6b2025c32c
  3. Speaker stopped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Speaker stopped working: My speaker stopped working suddenly. Even a warm reboot didn't resolve the issue. I had to unplug the device from socket and plug it back to make it work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/speaker-stopped-working/f32add7e-2ee6-4030-9db9-3e6b2025c32c
  4. Speaker stopped working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. speakers stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    speakers stopped working: speakers stopped working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/speakers-stopped-working/9e214651-fa70-483c-82cb-72b25317fedb
  6. speakers stopped working

speakers stopped working: speakers stopped working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/speakers-stopped-working/9e214651-fa70-483c-82cb-72b25317fedb
  7. Speakers stopped working

Speakers stopped working: why have the speakers stop working? they are muted. I cannot use the speakes on the laptop at a.... The icon shows an "x" What happened? What to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/speakers-stopped-working/70777848-9a92-4a91-a915-18a5d512daa4
  8. Speakers stopped working

Speakers stopped working: My desktop speakers were working fine. My friends laptop speakers were just making a loud sound. I unplugged mine and connected them to the laptop and no sound. Retuned them to my desktop and no sound. I've tried a lot of fixes and nothing works. Is it possible that the...
  9. Apps and Software - Some apps have stopped working

Apps and Software - Some apps have stopped working: Is there anyway to find out which app is throwing up the error as this is a useless bit of information as it stands and the troubleshoot for it just clears temporary files which is not helpful in the slightest. Thanks...
  10. Apps have stopped working

Apps have stopped working: Just noticed that some Apps i.e. Weather & News have stopped working. I uninstalled them, then did a reinstall without success. The live tiles show the current weather & news headlines but as soon as they are opened, they become minimised to the taskbar. Clicking on the...