Windows 10: Speakers/Headphone Icon in Taskbar doesn't respond

Discus and support Speakers/Headphone Icon in Taskbar doesn't respond in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I click on the Speakers/Headphone icon in the taskbar, nothing happens. Right click doesn't do anything either. This means I can't adjust the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Sdrum, Oct 24, 2019.

1. Sdrum Win User

Speakers/Headphone Icon in Taskbar doesn't respond

When I click on the Speakers/Headphone icon in the taskbar, nothing happens. Right click doesn't do anything either. This means I can't adjust the volume without going into Settings. Why would this be happening? The other icons on the taskbar do respond.

:)

Sdrum, Oct 24, 2019
  2. Ivy Mun Win User

Speakers and headphones work at the same time

Hi.

Let us isolate your concern by answering these few questions.

• Have you tried connecting your headphones directly to your desktop?
    • Does your speaker work normally when connected to your desktop?
    You may try the following steps to help resolve your concern:

• Unplug or Disconnect your speaker from the desktop.
    • Connect your headphone directly to the desktop.
    If the headphone works properly when directly connected to the desktop, we suggest that you contact your speaker manufacturer for assistance.

Let us know how it goes.

Ivy Mun, Oct 24, 2019
  3. Timobkg Win User
    Realtek HD Audio not switching to Headphone settings

Thanks.

If you right-click on the Taskbar speaker icon and select Playback devices, do you have separate listings for Speakers and Headphones, or just one for Headphones?

Timobkg, Oct 24, 2019
  4. Speakers/Headphone Icon in Taskbar doesn't respond

Headphones and Speakers not showing up in playback devices

Hi Jonathan,

To help us identify the cause of the issue and then find the proper resolution for it, please tell us if you made any significant hardware or software changes on your laptop prior to this issue. Also, can you provide us the steps you have already taken to
    try to resolve the issue? In the meantime, follow these steps on how you can enable your playback devices:

• Right-click on the speaker icon on the taskbar and select Sounds.
    • Under the Playback tab, right-click on the default speakers and select
      Show Disabled Devices and Show Disconnected Devices. Your headphones or speakers should now appear here.
    • Right-click the headphones or speakers and select Enable.

Keep us updated with the results.

Aileen Alf, Oct 24, 2019
Thema:

Speakers/Headphone Icon in Taskbar doesn't respond

1. Speakers/Headphone Icon in Taskbar doesn't respond - Similar Threads - Speakers Headphone Icon

2. taskbar speaker icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    taskbar speaker icon: HiThe speaker icon on taskbar mostly not responding after clicking it right or left unless i do restart to laptop .As also it happens with the screen icons mostly.But the most terrible one is the speaker icon.Please help to resolve the issue.Thanks...
  3. taskbar speaker icon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    taskbar speaker icon: HiThe speaker icon on taskbar mostly not responding after clicking it right or left unless i do restart to laptop .As also it happens with the screen icons mostly.But the most terrible one is the speaker icon.Please help to resolve the issue.Thanks...
  4. Taskbar icon doesn respond

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar icon doesn respond: After installing windows 10 and drivers the task bar search option and wifi or volume icon doesnt respond after clicking on it.Wifi devices surrounding doesnt show in list....
  5. Taskbar icon doesn respond

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar icon doesn respond: After installing windows 10 and drivers the task bar search option and wifi or volume icon doesnt respond after clicking on it.Wifi devices surrounding doesnt show in list....
  6. No speakers icon on taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    No speakers icon on taskbar: There's no speaker icon on my taskbar and never was. How can I get that icon on the taskbar? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-speakers-icon-on-taskbar/94cc97d6-4b65-4d99-bd87-b1bead2a1c97
  7. Speaker Icon on desktop not responding

in Windows 10 Customization
    Speaker Icon on desktop not responding: The Speaker icon on my desktop has stopped responding https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/speaker-icon-on-desktop-not-responding/9c70dba2-86e6-4472-aa02-91f2a694a60e
  8. Speaker icon not responding

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Speaker icon not responding: Windows 10 v 1909.Firefox.I have a VIA HD Audio Win 10 system for sound and video and eveything is working ok.My problem is that when I need to lower the sound volume whilst playing,the speaker icon on the task bar is not responding so I am unable to do this.I`ve tried the...
  9. Windows 10. Have Documents icon on taskbar but it doesn't respond?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10. Have Documents icon on taskbar but it doesn't respond?: I have Windows 10. The Document's icon is on the taskbar but, it doesn't respond. I have 14 other icons on the taskbar and they all work? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-have-documents-icon-on-taskbar-but-it/16628d19-a12b-4d89-9afb-0b98e64ca405"
  10. Speaker icon shows in taskbar but does not respond to clicks for volume control

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Speaker icon shows in taskbar but does not respond to clicks for volume control: I am running Win 10 on my Dell Inspiron laaptop. I have the Speaker Icon in my taskbar menu but it does not respond when I click it. So the icon does not translate onto my screen into a volume control lever. ANY HELP IN SOLVING THIS? (I would prefer NOT to delete and then...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. speakers/headphone icon

2. show speakers in taskbar