Windows 10: speakers/headset/earphones not working on aux

Discus and support speakers/headset/earphones not working on aux in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Till today i was having no issues with my speakers, earphones and headset but today when I plugged my earphones into the pc it did not work, I tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by NamanSachdeva1, Dec 8, 2020.

1. speakers/headset/earphones not working on aux

Till today i was having no issues with my speakers, earphones and headset but today when I plugged my earphones into the pc it did not work, I tried the other aux and headphones on both auxes and it did not work.

Please look into the problem both the aux are not working with any sound device

:)

NamanSachdeva1, Dec 8, 2020
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue speakers/headset/earphones not working on aux :p

cadaveca, Dec 8, 2020
  3. applepie Win User
    Windows 10: No Sound coming out of earphones (only speakers work)

It's a laptop (dual booting Win10[recently upgraded from win7 64bit] and Elementary OS Freya)

It's nothing to do with hardware issues

Earphones worked fine on my Elementary OS so my audio jack is definitely not broken or anything like that. Earphones work on my phone as well so i'm quite positive it's to do with windows 10 only.

No sound coming out of earphones

There's no sound coming out of the earphones, and I'm sure it's nothing to do with them because they work fine when I plug them into my phone. Also, I've tried another pair of earphones which resulted the same. However, the sound works perfectly without the earphones plugged into my laptop, the speakers are fine.

unsure if it's to do with drivers

I've tried uninstalling the Realtek HD audio drivers, reinstalling and nothing works.

However, I have Windows 10 but could only find drivers for Windows 7/8

settings

I've googled a bit and most would suggest something like checking the playback devices but the only one on my list is 'Speakers'.

Realtek detected my earphones

When I plug in my earphones, Realtek detected them and even popped up the notification saying 'you just plugged a device into the audio jack'

http://imgur.com/dFqaTU1
    as shown in the picture, when i toggle my mouse onto the black circle, it clearly detected something was plugged in, but somehow audio just won't play through my earphones.

applepie, Dec 8, 2020
  4. speakers/headset/earphones not working on aux

Earphones not working

Recently received my Windows 7 / Samsung Focus phone. All setup and syncing music and even adding NetFlix with no problems. However, when I plug in the earphones...the sound continues to come from the phone speaker. The earphones
    do not have any sound output to them. I'm trying to figure out if this is a hardware issue or if there is something that I haven't found yet related to enabling the earphones.

Any Suggestions?

Charlie Hawkins, Dec 8, 2020
Thema:

speakers/headset/earphones not working on aux

1. speakers/headset/earphones not working on aux - Similar Threads - speakers headset earphones

2. Headset and speakers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headset and speakers: I frequently switch between my headset and speakers headset is blue pump connected by bluetooth and my speakers are yamaha HS8 connected by my focusrite scarlett 2i2 that is plugged into my pc via usb I find it really difficult to switch between them as i have to go to...
  3. Headset's Mic not working when connected to AUX?

Headset's Mic not working when connected to AUX?: Hello, I have a JBL Live 500BT headset and the microphone works flawlessly when the headset is connected over bluetooth. However, when connecting the headset through AUX with the 3.5mm jack, and confirming it's a headset when asked by Realtek, only the headphones work and...
  4. no audio signal to aux speakers

no audio signal to aux speakers: Windows 10 with updated drivers stopped powering up my aux JBL speakers.I have connected them to the port on the left side of the laptop.This port will work for headphones.Have also checked that speakers are set to default setting.The laptop speakers work fine?...
  5. headset not working after disconnecting aux cables to clean PC

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    headset not working after disconnecting aux cables to clean PC: So today I decided to clean my pc, I disconnected all the cable. Cleaned and put all back on, in the same exact places. Now I I can't hear anything from my headset even the mic isn't working. this happened twice before and in all same exact conditions. What can I do?...
  6. BLUETOOTH Headset/earphones: Why absolutly nothing works ?

BLUETOOTH Headset/earphones: Why absolutly nothing works ?: Hello, Hopefully you will read what i'm posting instead of giving me the usual procedural stuff. Why? Because i've tried them all. So... I've been trying for litteraly years to connect my bluetooth stuff to my laptop Asus Notebook K556U and absolutly nothing works. Ive...
  7. Mic Trouble on a headset with working speakers

Mic Trouble on a headset with working speakers: I have a desktop PC with a mic connected via an audio splitter but no matter what I try I can't get my mic to work despite the headset speakers working perfectly. Tried messing with realtek settings, updating driverswindows just said they are all up to date, and messing with...
  8. earphones not working

earphones not working: hello there I m firoz, I got a type C earphones from AKG. I tried inserting in my laptop but it is not working. is it because of some kind of firmware. please help and suggest as to how do I make it work on my laptop as well.. thanks and regards FIroz...
  9. aux not working or something

aux not working or something: before I went to eat it worked fine but when I got back i was wondering why my sound us not coming out of my headphones that use an aux if I unplug it works fine with the speakers if I set it do other headphones that I use only for the mic because lose connection and it has...
  10. No sound coming out of earphones (ONLY speakers work)

No sound coming out of earphones (ONLY speakers work): Today when I plugged in my earphones (the apple ones) and there was no audio at all, but somehow it worked totally fine without the earphones. Even realtek detected something when I plugged my earphones, I also went to device manager to check if every driver is updated or not...