Windows 10: Speakers keep deciding not to work anymore!

Discus and support Speakers keep deciding not to work anymore! in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I'm running Windows 10 on an HP Envy laptop, less than a year old and doing well except for a consistent problem I keep having for many months... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by UnicornBabs, Oct 4, 2018.

1. Speakers keep deciding not to work anymore!

Hi,

I'm running Windows 10 on an HP Envy laptop, less than a year old and doing well except for a consistent problem I keep having for many months now, possibly even since the beginning. The problem is as follows: I like to keep the laptop on, but restart every few days or so. As soon as I restart I have to put on some low music that loops constantly, ALL THE TIME, because otherwise the speakers decide that since they're not immediately needed, they won't be needed at all! Within maybe 2 minutes of silence the speakers just stop working and Groove Music complains there's no audio device installed. Youtube videos will have no sound to speak of, or just not play at all. Games will run but again, with no sound.

This has been ongoing for months and months and although looping music does the trick of keeping the speakers working, as soon as something funky happens and there's silence I have to hurry and relaunch the music. Troubleshooting doesn't help at all, device drivers are all working totally fine and aren't available to update, Windows updates haven't helped either. The only thing that works is restarting. I live with it while I HAVE sound but if it cuts out I feel a deep hatred towards my laptop, because it cost A GRAND. When you pay £1000 for a new PC you expect total perfection, surely? If this problem existed on a crummy old computer, I'd continue to live with it, but I can't stand it with a brand new one! I HATE IT!

I'm desperate to find a permanent fix for this. Please help me!

UnicornBabs

:)

UnicornBabs, Oct 4, 2018
  2. Ivy Mun Win User

Speakers and headphones work at the same time

Hi.

Let us isolate your concern by answering these few questions.

• Have you tried connecting your headphones directly to your desktop?
    • Does your speaker work normally when connected to your desktop?
    You may try the following steps to help resolve your concern:

• Unplug or Disconnect your speaker from the desktop.
    • Connect your headphone directly to the desktop.
    If the headphone works properly when directly connected to the desktop, we suggest that you contact your speaker manufacturer for assistance.

Let us know how it goes.

Ivy Mun, Oct 4, 2018
  3. N97 one speaker not working anymore

For me either..the right speaker is not working.. Nokia should some step for it.

ferventvishal, Oct 4, 2018
  4. Speakers keep deciding not to work anymore!

Speakers not working with Windows 10

Hi,

For us to further isolate the issue, please clarify the following:

• Did you receive any error messages?
    • Have you tried using a different speaker with your device?

Meanwhile, you can check on this
    link
    for troubleshooting steps. We suggest that you also try to follow the steps provided and update us with the result.

Regards.

Lov Dollente, Oct 4, 2018
Thema:

Speakers keep deciding not to work anymore!

1. Speakers keep deciding not to work anymore! - Similar Threads - Speakers keep deciding

2. Computer internal speakers are not available anymore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer internal speakers are not available anymore: Today I opened my computer and the sound was no longer working, my computer speakers no longer show up in sound settings or device manager, only my headphones and steam streaming speakers do. I have restarted my computer and troubleshooted audio but nothing has worked. Could...
  3. Computer internal speakers are not available anymore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer internal speakers are not available anymore: Today I opened my computer and the sound was no longer working, my computer speakers no longer show up in sound settings or device manager, only my headphones and steam streaming speakers do. I have restarted my computer and troubleshooted audio but nothing has worked. Could...
  4. Computer internal speakers are not available anymore

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Monitor does not appear as a speaker anymore while it worked before

Monitor does not appear as a speaker anymore while it worked before: Hi!I just recently came back to my appartment after leaving for a month and when I turned on my PC I can't choose my monitor as the speaker it does not appear on the list anymore and have to use headphones as the only audio output. I restarted the PC and monitor many times...
  6. Can't connect to bluetooth speaker anymore!

Can't connect to bluetooth speaker anymore!: My ASUS PC with windows 10 doesn't connect to my bluetooth speaker anymore. I've never disconnected between pc and speaker, just on and off bluetooth and they normally connect automatically . However, recently even when I turned everything on, my pc announced that the...
  7. headphones have decided not to work

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    headphones have decided not to work: so my headphones work perfectly well when plugged into other things but when i plug them into my laptop they dont work, and its weird because it turns down the volume of the speakers when i plug them in so i know the computer knows that somethings there. so i thought it was a...
  8. Can't use Bluetooth speaker anymore

Can't use Bluetooth speaker anymore: I've been using this Bluetooth speaker on my PC for almost a year everyday without any issues, for about two years on my laptop, and almost on a daily basis on my phone as well, and today when I tried to connect to it, I couldn't. When I open the Bluetooth and other devices...
  9. Bluetooth decided to stop working

Bluetooth decided to stop working: I recently found that bluetooth seemed to be turned off for my desktop. I ran a bunch of troubleshoots and even underwent a BIOS update (I was desperate so just decided to update everything), and when I went into device manager and showed hidden options to find bluetooth, it...
  10. External Notebook speakers do not work anymore

in Windows 10 Support
    External Notebook speakers do not work anymore: Since the last update or so to [ATTACH] my external Bose speakers plugged in in the ear phones output in the Acer Aspire E 15 (Acer E5-573) do not work anymore. The ear phones do work. I have deinstalled and reinstalled the Audio_Realtek_6.0.1.7553_W10x64_A from here...