Windows 10: speakers make popping sound with audio playback

Discus and support speakers make popping sound with audio playback in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Recently I’ve had an audio problem where I press play on a sound iTunes, Spotify, Netflix, YouTube the playback stutters and delays for a quick second,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by taylormansell, Aug 2, 2020.

1. speakers make popping sound with audio playback

Recently I’ve had an audio problem where I press play on a sound iTunes, Spotify, Netflix, YouTube the playback stutters and delays for a quick second, a bigboom and click comes from my speakers plugged in Logitech speakers w subwoofer and then the audio plays as normal. I’ve tried disabling audio drivers, disabling sound devices, unplugging the speakers & nothing seems to work. I think this is a Microsoft problem or a computer problem as it doesn’t happen when I plug my iPhone into the speakers. Thanks for the help

:)

taylormansell, Aug 2, 2020
  2. poganyg Win User

Windows 10 popping sound in speakers

Hi,

I have the exact same issue and I went through all the steps suggested above but none of them helped. I get the popping sound when any kind of audio is on. Even when external speakers or headphones are plugged in.

Do you have any other suggestions what to do?

Thanks

poganyg, Aug 2, 2020
  3. Bluetooth attached speakers - no sound

Hi Bill,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Thank you for sharing the required information to suggest you in the right direction to fix the issue.

1. What is the model number of the Bluetooth speaker?
    2. Have you tried connecting the Bluetooth speakers on different computer?

Please try the below suggested steps to fix the issue.

Method 1

Check the Bluetooth support Service

1. On your keyboard, press Windows Key+R. This should open the Run dialog box.
    2. Type “services.msc” (no quotes), then hit Enter.
    3. Once you’ve got the Services window up, look for the
      Bluetooth support service and double-click it.
    4. From the drop-down menu, select Automatic.
    5. Now launch the Bluetooth support service by clicking the Start button.
    6. Confirm the changes you’ve made by clicking
      Apply
      and OK.

Method 2

Use the troubleshooter for playing audio

1. To access this, follow these instructions.
    2. Go to the taskbar and click the Search icon.
    3. Type “audio playback” inside the box, then select ‘Find and fix audio playback
      problems’. This should open the Audio Playback troubleshooter.
    4. Click Next. The troubleshooter will now find and repair audio playback issues

Method 3

Resetting your default playback device

1. Right-click the Sound icon on the taskbar, then choose Sounds from the list.
    2. Once the Sound window is up, go to the
      Playback tab.
    3. You will see a list of audio devices. Click the Bluetooth speakers you paired with your computer.
    4. After that, set the Bluetooth speakers as your default playback device. You can do this by pressing the
      Set Default button.
    5. Save the changes you’ve made by clicking
      Apply, then pressing OK.

You may also refer the article Fix sound problems in Windows 10
    for more information.

Hope it helps.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Aug 2, 2020
  4. speakers make popping sound with audio playback

no speakers playback

Hi,

For us to provide you the appropriate solution, we'd like to gather a few details first. We'd like to know if there's no sound coming out from your speaker or are you pertaining to the Audio Playback icon on the System Tray? Also, since you mentioned that
    you already tried many things, may we know what are the specific steps that you've already performed? Have you tried enabling the Audio Playback? If no, then here's what you can do:

• Open the Control Panel.
    • Look for the Hardware and Sound. If you do not see it, select View by: Category in the upper right-hand corner.
    • Click the Hardware and Sound, then click the Sound icon or the
      Manage audio devices underneath it.
    • At the top of the Sound window, click on either Playback or
      Recording tab.
    • Right-click on the box where the devices are listed.
    • Click on Show Disabled Devices. This action displays any disabled device relevant to the category.
    • If no new devices are found, then it could be that it is not detected by Windows, and if you're having sound issues we'd suggest re-installing the sound drivers.
    • Right-click any new (or previously existing) grayed-out icon(s) and select Properties or Enable.
    • If you selected Properties, beside Device usage there is a drop-down menu.
      Select on Use this device (enable)
      , then click OK.

In addition to this, you can also utilize the audio troubleshooter. Just check out this article:

Fix sound problems

Let us know how this turns out for you.

Marque Lor, Aug 2, 2020
Thema:

speakers make popping sound with audio playback

1. speakers make popping sound with audio playback - Similar Threads - speakers popping sound

2. My headset audio make popping/crash sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My headset audio make popping/crash sound: After I update the armoury crate,my headset make strange sound and my mic make weird sound. I decrease/increase the volume because it soo loud,I start to hear popping/crash sound when I spam volume bar.I check task manager and spamming volume bar at the same time,I see...
  3. My headset audio make popping/crash sound

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My headset audio make popping/crash sound: After I update the armoury crate,my headset make strange sound and my mic make weird sound. I decrease/increase the volume because it soo loud,I start to hear popping/crash sound when I spam volume bar.I check task manager and spamming volume bar at the same time,I see...
  4. Audio, sound or playback issue...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio, sound or playback issue...: I've been having this issue for WEEKS now and the problem is that my default device keeps connecting and disconnecting causing extreme lag and fps drop in the middle of a game and has now started to crash youtube videos while i'm watching which it never did. I've tried...
  5. Audio, sound or playback issue...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio, sound or playback issue...: I've been having this issue for WEEKS now and the problem is that my default device keeps connecting and disconnecting causing extreme lag and fps drop in the middle of a game and has now started to crash youtube videos while i'm watching which it never did. I've tried...
  6. Audio, sound or playback issue...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Playback speaker sound

Playback speaker sound: I have a lenovo laptop, an excellent product. However, I have a very strange problem with audio playback on the speakers, I can hardly hear the playback from Pandora, or other web sites. I've used the troubleshooter, made sure I have the right driver. etc. When I perform...
  8. No speaker option in sound playback

No speaker option in sound playback: I have been unable to get sound through my speakers. My monitor does not have sound so I rely on the speakers for this. I have no speaker option in the sound playback window. The only option there is IntelR Display Audio. It also says jack information, which is HDMI Digital...
  9. Bluetooth speakers paired but not showing in Sound - Playback

Bluetooth speakers paired but not showing in Sound - Playback: Setup - Belkin F8T017 Bluetooth adapter Betron speaker Ausdom headphones Windows 10 All devices above shown as working and paired in Bluetooth & Other Devices All Bluetooth services shown as Running Trouble shooter doesn't show any errors However Sound - Playback does not...
  10. No sound & speakers missing in Playback Devices

No sound & speakers missing in Playback Devices: I have no sound on my new Windows 10 PC. Things I've tried: 1) Uninstalled and reinstalled sound drivers with multiple restarts 2) Checked power is connected 3) Checked speakers are connected via the green jack There's another fix I was trying in the Playback Devices...