Windows 10: speakers missing icon

Discus and support speakers missing icon in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; i cant adust the speaker volume. it no longer appears on the taskbar. thanks for your help.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by lynnetopping, Feb 21, 2020.

1. speakers missing icon

i cant adust the speaker volume. it no longer appears on the taskbar. thanks for your help.

:)

lynnetopping, Feb 21, 2020
  2. Junaid_A Win User

Windows 10 recognizes my UE Megaboom as a headset and not a speaker will not work?

Hi Rachael,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I suggest you try the steps listed below and check if it works. This issue could be because of the Headphones BT SPEAKER Stereo being set as default. I suggest you to try the steps listed below and check if it works.

• Pair the speaker with your PC.
    • Right click the Windows icon on the taskbar and choose
      Device Manager.

• Expand Sound, video, and game controllers
      and right click on your Bluetooth speaker (BT SPEAKER Stereo).
    • Choose Disable and acknowledge the confirmation popup. Wait for the screen to refresh.
    • Right click on the same device again and Enable.
    • Exit Device Manager and see if the issue persist.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Feb 21, 2020
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    missing icons in start menu

Hi Wickiwizard,

It is possible that the icon of your apps in Start menu is missing due to a corrupted system files. To provide you the accurate resolution, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Does this happen only with icons in Start menu?
    • What troubleshooting steps you've done so far?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you perform the steps in this
    article
    on how to troubleshoot problems with Start menu or Cortana.

If the issue still persists, we recommend that you follow the suggestion shared by
    Meliton Dec on this thread.
    The given troubleshooting steps will help repair or reset not only missing apps but also lost icon.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Feb 21, 2020
  4. Rose Cal Win User

speakers missing icon

App Icons Missing

Hi Donna,

Corrupted applications are the possible causes why your program icons are missing after an update. To isolate your issue, we'd like to clarify a few things:

• When you hover your mouse over your taskbar or Start menu, are you seeing the icons for your apps?
    • Have you tried searching for a specific app and check if it will appear on the search results?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you repair and reset your applications using the steps shared by Meliton Dec on this

thread
    about restoring missing apps.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Feb 21, 2020
Thema:

speakers missing icon

1. speakers missing icon - Similar Threads - speakers missing icon

2. speaker missing?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    speaker missing?: speaker missing? How do I install realteck https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/speaker-missing/533abbf5-77ec-4f4c-9d3d-d8489a886fa2
  3. speaker icon

speaker icon: speaker icon on task bar does not work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/speaker-icon/c9f60c8f-7a5d-46de-8b43-73a7c27c5b4f
  4. Speaker icon

in Windows 10 Customization
    Speaker icon: my little icon of the speaker will not show the volume line at all. So I can't make it go up or down https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/speaker-icon/3d6568c2-3cd5-48d0-b24f-68f3cb5fabf9
  5. Speaker icon not responding

Speaker icon not responding: Windows 10 v 1909.Firefox.I have a VIA HD Audio Win 10 system for sound and video and eveything is working ok.My problem is that when I need to lower the sound volume whilst playing,the speaker icon on the task bar is not responding so I am unable to do this.I`ve tried the...
  6. Speaker Icon

Speaker Icon: I use to be able to right click in the sound icon in the bottom task bar and then move the slider up or down, but now I cannot right click on this icon, checked my right click, that is OK. Right click on a blank area of the Taskbar, Left click on Taskbar Settings scroll down...
  7. Speaker icon muted

Speaker icon muted: Speaker icon muted at top left corner on microsoft edge https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/speaker-icon-muted/d4faa040-1f2f-4dd6-ab39-e1289624f6d0
  8. Speakers Icon

Speakers Icon: Speakers icon at lower left corner will not function? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/speakers-icon/04c31780-5f19-41cf-9168-59ff8f1b9fa5
  9. Audio/speaker missing!?!?

Audio/speaker missing!?!?: hi all, after my window 10 updated, from my "sound device" the audio/ speaker is missing... anyone facing the same issue?? dear Microsoft, please help resolve this problem.. (p.s. the system restore doesn't work at all/ failed to restore to a all saved point which I...
  10. Speaker Fill Missing

Speaker Fill Missing: Since Win 10, my "speaker fill" is missing. I use headphones, so it's essential. Also, Quadraphonic & 5.1 aren't working properly neither, and I have the latest Realtek updates. 12740