Windows 10: Speakers no longer working after Windows update

Discus and support Speakers no longer working after Windows update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Dell Inspiron 13 / 7000 series. Windows update 0n October 10, 2018. Speakers no longer work. Bluetooth speaker is OK. Tried all the usual... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by KymHunter, Oct 11, 2018.

1. KymHunter Win User

Speakers no longer working after Windows update

Dell Inspiron 13 / 7000 series. Windows update 0n October 10, 2018. Speakers no longer work. Bluetooth speaker is OK. Tried all the usual fixes...drivers etc. Could NOT try sytem recovery as this was not set to on. Any clues?

:)

KymHunter, Oct 11, 2018
  2. fheaney Win User

Internal speakers and headphones no longer working after Windows 10 update

I'm running Windows 10 Home, version 1709, build 16299.125. I tried the steps suggested on that page, but the sound card no longer appears in the device manager at all that I can see. And on the sound control panel, the internal speakers and headphone jack
    no longer appear either. There is no default device there that I can modify; it only shows Bluetooth options.

fheaney, Oct 11, 2018
  3. DonWarner Win User
    USB speakers no longer work on laptop

I have the latest updates installed with win 10.

No significant changes. No troubleshooting steps taken and no error message in device manager because win 10 doesn't recognize them. I used these speakers before and they worked fine. Apparently with the updates they are no longer recognized. They are
    Samsung USB speakers.

DonWarner, Oct 11, 2018
  4. erocker Win User

Windows 98 and ME no longer updatable...

Quite right, XP is still listed in technet. Win 98 unfortunately isn't. Windows 3.1 and 3.2 are listed though.

erocker, Oct 11, 2018
Thema:

1. Speakers no longer working after Windows update - Similar Threads - Speakers longer working

2. speaker not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    speaker not working: my left speaker is not working on window 10. I also updated it but no response what should i do in such a condition, sometimes it gives sound on videos startup and imediately disappears....
  3. Speakers not working after Windows update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Speakers not working after Windows update: I just installed the latest Windows update and as a result my internal laptop speakers are no longer working. The speaker icon displays a red X and the error message states that "the speaker is unplugged". Did this update contain a corrupt driver? I tried to update or roll...
  4. Laptop camera no longer works after Microsoft Windows update

Laptop camera no longer works after Microsoft Windows update: Recently update Windows (because Microsoft does that), and now my laptop's inbuilt camera will not work. I get the following error code: 0xA00F4271<MediaCaptureFailedEvent>0x8007001F I wholly am convinced this is due to the recent forced Microsoft Windows 10 update on my...
  5. Airplane mode key no longer works after update!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Airplane mode key no longer works after update!: Just got the 1803 update. Now my F12/Airplane Mode key no longer works. I can toggle the mode by clicking on the wifi icon, but I need a quicker way to do this. I've tried uninstalling the updates that Windows will allow me to do, but to no avail. I've noticed a lot of people...
  6. DVD player no longer working after Windows 10 update...

DVD player no longer working after Windows 10 update...: I know that this problem has already been addressed several times on these pages, but the generally accepted solution (registry hack) does not work for me. When I place a DVD in the drive, it seems to start spinning, makes quite a bit of noise, and then just stops without any...
  7. Codecs no longer working after Anniversary update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Codecs no longer working after Anniversary update: Since the Anniversary update, I cannot play MKVs, MP4s and AVIs. I even installed the latest K-lite & CCCP after this. When I use WMP to play an MP4 for example, the program crashes. VLC plays AVI and MP4, but without sound. Do you have suggestions what I have to configure...
  8. Monitor internal speakers no longer work - Build 10061

Monitor internal speakers no longer work - Build 10061: After updating to the latest build the speakers of my ASUS monitor aren't being recognized as being connected and thus can't be used.... https://i.imgur.com/aZUYTT9.png?1 Clearly something is incompatible now. Any advice is much appreciated. 5579
  9. Monitor speakers no longer working after waking from sleep

Monitor speakers no longer working after waking from sleep: I've been using the same monitor (I-Inc iH282) connected via an HDMI cable for about 7 years now (under Win10 home for the last 2 years) and the speaker inside the monitor (used as my default sound device) has worked every time .. except that is for about the last month. It...
  10. Windows Search no longer working after Anniversary Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Search no longer working after Anniversary Update: As the title says, my Windows Search has stopped functioning properly after the Anniversary Update. I can click on the bar, and it will bring up an empty window, but as soon as I type in anything, it closes itself. I've read up on some possible methods of fixing it,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. speakers no longer working following windows update