Windows 10: Speakers not connecting to combo jack

Discus and support Speakers not connecting to combo jack in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So my laptop has only combo jack and when I try to plug in the speakers they don't work and don't even show up as an output device in the sound... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ToXicShadow, Nov 25, 2018.

1. Speakers not connecting to combo jack

So my laptop has only combo jack and when I try to plug in the speakers they don't work and don't even show up as an output device in the sound settings.

:)

ToXicShadow, Nov 25, 2018
  2. fireberd Win User

Earbud Combo-Jack won't fit.

The Lenovo site doesn't detail exactly what type of jack you have. It is listed as "combo jack". That could mean it can either be a headset OR mic jack, depending on what is plugged in. It could also mean it is the same type of jack that is on an iPhone that will take a combination Tip, Ring, Ring, Sleeve type plug for BOTH headset and mic.

As this is new, I would contact Lenovo support before going any further.

fireberd, Nov 25, 2018
  3. Jim_442 Win User
    Combo audio jack on an HP Pavilion laptop

I'm using a larger display (HDMI) with my laptop. The sound comes through the display speakers which are not the greatest. Is it possible to us an external set of powered speakers via the audio jack for better sound quality with the HDMI cable plugged
    in, i.e. video via HDMI and audio via the combo jack? I have been unable to make this combination function.

Jim_442, Nov 25, 2018
  4. Speakers not connecting to combo jack

Combo headphone jack does not detect mic

Sorry. right click on speaker in systray, click on playback. The "Sound" window opens. Click on Speakers tab, likely already there, click on your headset, assuming its plugged in, click on properties. In general tab it shows jack.

I suggested through speakers as you said mic did not show up on Recording tab.

Caledon Ken, Nov 25, 2018
Thema:

Speakers not connecting to combo jack

1. Speakers not connecting to combo jack - Similar Threads - Speakers connecting combo

2. Combo Audio Jack on pc

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Combo Audio Jack on pc: I have a combo audio jack on my pc Vostro 3681 by dell, and my headset HyperX Cloud stinger and looks like the mic is not working on my headset after SOME windows update. idk what was it too much updates. did windows update actually did something? if there`s some solution,...
  3. Speaker and Jack Information

Speaker and Jack Information: I was playing video games and noticed that my audio was off so when i went into settings and looked under Jack Information, It says that LR is green C sub is orange RL RR is black and LR is green. I have tried updating drivers and nothing has worked, when i go to test the...
  4. Combo/headphones jack is not recognizing microphone

Combo/headphones jack is not recognizing microphone: I have a dell latitude e6520 with a combo jack and i want to use it as a microphone only jack My problem is when i plug my microphone in it doesnt show up anywhere not even as a headphone the microphone im trying to use is the " Turbo X plm100 "...
  5. Static noise in external speakers connected to headphone jack.

Static noise in external speakers connected to headphone jack.: I purchased a new computer with Windows 10, version 1803 installed. When I connected my external speakers to the headphone jack, I get a constant static noise in my speakers. I notice that it starts about 5 seconds after I power up the computer during the boot up. It...
  6. Combo jack How to force output only

Combo jack How to force output only: i've been having this question since i use laptops, but now it started to bother me, because i use my earphones to chat on my pc, but the audio quality of the mic on them is really bad. Is there a way to make windows not to recognize audio input from the jack?...
  7. Asus X553S Combo Jack/Headset Question

Asus X553S Combo Jack/Headset Question: Hello, I have just bought the above laptop and need to use a headset for talking to my colleagues. My headset has two separate standard microphone and headphone leads, but my laptop has only one socket. Whenever I plug either into the laptop, something called SmartAudio...
  8. Combo headphone jack does not detect mic

Combo headphone jack does not detect mic: So, I have a laptop with a single headphone jack, and it has the little symbol with both an headphone and a mic. I have bought a V-moda boom pro mic. The microphone is integrated in the cable, and the tip that goes in the jack has four "parts", as it should be. The...
  9. Earbud Combo-Jack won't fit.

Earbud Combo-Jack won't fit.: I have a new laptop (and see specs) that I'm slowly learning to use and I'm having a problem inserting the 3.5mm combojack (CJ) into the jack's receptacle, has anyone ran across this? I'm pretty sure I can't hear sound from the earbuds because when I have the CJ in as far...
  10. Microphone not working with combo audio jack

Microphone not working with combo audio jack: My laptop only has one combo audio/microphone jack, and I can't get the microphone to work at all. I just bought a new headset that came with an audio/microphone splitter specifically for the purpose of using it on this laptop. While the output works fine, the microphone...