Windows 10: Speakers not detected as plugged in and quit playing audio, but initially play sound

Discus and support Speakers not detected as plugged in and quit playing audio, but initially play sound in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Relevant Specs are: Windows 10 x64 Audio run through Realtek audio HD manager MSI z170m Mortar Motherboard Logitech Multimedia Speakers Z200/ rear... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by CamdenHall, Jul 24, 2018.

1. Speakers not detected as plugged in and quit playing audio, but initially play sound

Relevant Specs are:
    Windows 10 x64
    Audio run through Realtek audio HD manager

MSI z170m Mortar Motherboard

Logitech Multimedia Speakers Z200/ rear panel audio
    Logitech G933 headset/ usb bluetooth

I'm encountering a problem with a pair of Logitech speakers that I recently purchased. The speakers will not play audio, even though they are on and operational. I know they are operational because when I restart my computer they initially play sound, but will cut off soon after. If I don't immediately play audio, the speakers will not play sound later. My Logitech headset is fully connected and plays audio perfectly with no problems. At times the Logitech speakers will continue to play audio for no apparent reason. In playback devices the Logitech speakers are not listed as plugged in. It shows nothing is connected to the rear audio panel.

I believe the problem originates with the Realtek HD audio. If I start the Realtek HD audio manager I get a pop-up saying that a device has been unplugged. I have googled this problem and see many similar issues but none of the common solutions have fixed this.

-Realtek audio drivers are fully updated, Logitech drivers are fully updated, Windows 10 is fully updated.
    -In the Realtek audio manager, I have disabled front panel detection, but the front panel still shows something plugged in(nothing is)
    -In the Realtek audio manager I have tried changing the various settings such as separating all inputs as independent audio sources, nothing changes.
    -My MOBO has an s/pdif optical port on the rear panel audio, nothing is plugged into it but in Sound playback devices it still lists the port and Realtek Digital Output as ready
    -I have enabled or disabled all audio devices, nothing changes
    -Unplugging and disabling my Logitech headset does not suddenly connect the Logitech speakers

Looking for anyone else who has this problem but is unable to fix it.

:)

CamdenHall, Jul 24, 2018
  2. txstoby Win User

Speakers playing when headphones are plugged in

I have an HP laptop with windows 10. When my headphones are plugged in, the speakers are still playing. When I go to sounds, the only device listed is the speakers. How can I silence the speakers when the headphones are plugged in.

txstoby, Jul 24, 2018
  3. Audio playing through speakers while headphones are plugged in

Hello,

We regret for the inconvenience and at the same time we appreciate the effort you have put in to resolve the issue.

As an initial recommendation, I suggest you to check what are the playback devices configured in Windows. Follow the below steps.

1) Open sound from Control Panel.

2) See if the devices are set correct in the playback window. Also, right click anywhere and choose show disabled Devices to find out if any of the devices are not configured properly.

3) Amongst the listed items disable and re-enable your headphone device and repeat the same steps for speakers.

Next, I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft Help link and check if it helps to resolve the issue at the first place.

Fix sound problems

Though unclear if you have already deployed the mentioned troubleshooters, I suggest you to follow these steps to run the Windows in built troubleshooter. This is a diagnostic which helps to identify any potential issues present
    in your PC.

a) Write Troubleshooting in the search box and hit enter.

b) Click on Troubleshooting
    tab.

c) Click on view all option on the upper left corner.

d) Select the Playing Audio option from the list.

e) Click Next to run the Troubleshooter

Note: Also use the Hardware and Device troubleshooter from the view all list,

If it still does not help, access the laptop manufacturer’s website and download the latest sound drivers, install it and check if it works fine and if it switches to speaker
    automatically from headphones when it’s plugged in.

Write to us with the updates status and the required information related to audio output in Windows, for us to be able to assist you further.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Jul 24, 2018
  4. Speakers not detected as plugged in and quit playing audio, but initially play sound

No sound while playing audio and video files.

Hi,

I appreciate if you could answer to a few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• Which is the application that you are using to play the files?
    • Did you try the same on a different player?
    • Did you perform any troubleshooting steps?
    As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to check if the volume is set low or in mute state in Volume Mixer.

• Right click on sound icon.
    • Open Volume Mixer check for the application that you are playing the files with and increase the volume and check.
    If the issue still persists, I would suggest you to run “Playing audio” troubleshooter to diagnose and fix the issue.

Follow these Steps to run Playing Audio Troubleshooter in Windows 10.

1. Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

2. Select Troubleshooting.

3. Select View all on the top left corner.

4. Click on Playing audio.

Also refer: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Hope the information helps in resolving the issue related to the sound issue. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Jul 24, 2018
Thema:

Speakers not detected as plugged in and quit playing audio, but initially play sound

1. Speakers not detected as plugged in and quit playing audio, but initially play sound - Similar Threads - Speakers detected plugged

2. Play sound without Speaker

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Play sound without Speaker: why isnt my windows 10 enterprise playing sound on my computer without speakers[Original Title: sound] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/play-sound-without-speaker/6844fb75-b45d-44ea-9b13-fe30e3cc7dad
  3. Headphones plugged in but speakers still play

Headphones plugged in but speakers still play: Hello! I have a problem i couldnt solve by watching youtube videos I tried every single thing i found on youtube and on the internet . It all happend yesterday. I got my laptop back from service i had some motherboard problems and when I wanted to use my headphones they didnt...
  4. Headphones plugged in but speakers still play

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphones plugged in but speakers still play: Hello! I have a problem i couldnt solve by watching youtube videos I tried every single thing i found on youtube and on the internet . It all happend yesterday. I got my laptop back from service i had some motherboard problems and when I wanted to use my headphones they didnt...
  5. Headphones plugged in but speakers still play

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Audio Jack Detecting Headphones But No Sound Playing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Audio Jack Detecting Headphones But No Sound Playing: Hi, my audio jack stopped working. My speakers work fine, it's just any device plugged into the audio jack. I've checked in Sounds and it detects my headphones, but when I try to test it no sound is audible but the computer shows it's playing, just a faint click. I've...
  7. Laptop speakers and plugged in headphone audio plays at the same time

Laptop speakers and plugged in headphone audio plays at the same time: Just downloaded the most recent Windows 10 update. But now, even when my headphones are plugged in, I get audio from both the headphone and the internal speakers. Instead of a separate "speaker" and "headphone" sections in the sounds menu, it's listed as...
  8. Headphones not detected and sound continues to play through speakers

Headphones not detected and sound continues to play through speakers: After doing a complete reset and re installation of windows on my laptop the laptop no longer detects headphones. With headphones plugged into the headphone jack the sound still plays through the speakers. When I look in playback devices while the headphones are connected...
  9. Sound not playing out of right speaker when headphones are plugged in

Sound not playing out of right speaker when headphones are plugged in: Hi, I've had this issue on my laptop for the entire time I've owned it, and I've tried to fix it multiple times but still nothing. Sound does not play out of the right headphone speaker, even though windows thinks that it is. This issue is present on all headphones so it's...
  10. Speakers playing when headphones are plugged in

Speakers playing when headphones are plugged in: I have an HP laptop with windows 10. When my headphones are plugged in, the speakers are still playing. When I go to sounds, the only device listed is the speakers. How can I silence the speakers when the headphones are plugged in. 97425