Windows 10: Speakers not detected, no sound

Discus and support Speakers not detected, no sound in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I recently noticed that I cannot use speakers as they are not detected in Sound or Realtek HD Audio Manager when I plug them into any of the back panel... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Flim72, Dec 11, 2020.

1. Flim72 Win User

Speakers not detected, no sound

I recently noticed that I cannot use speakers as they are not detected in Sound or Realtek HD Audio Manager when I plug them into any of the back panel outputs. My headphones work fine, both front panel and back. Speakers work when plugged into the headphones out socket.
    I noticed this because I did not have my speakers plugged in for 9 months so I am not sure when they stopped working, they were fine before I moved house and put them in storage.
    I have tried to un-install and re-install the drivers but this has not worked, in fact it made Realtek disappear from control panel until I found a way to get it back.
    I also have a Asus Xonar DGX sound card which seems to have stopped working entirely from all ports.
    Does anyone know of any way to remedy this or is it time for a new motherboard, or maybe bluetooth speakers?
    The panel is showing speakers but the sound goes to my headphones, speakers are not detected although they are plugged in.
    Realtek says it is working properly.

:)

Flim72, Dec 11, 2020

2. Bluetooth Speaker No sound Issues

So I have been using the same Bluetooth speaker (the Sony srs-xb3) for years on my previous PC build (using the EkoBuy® Bluetooth 4.0 USB Dongle Adapter for PC) since my motherboard had no internal Bluetooth compatibility. I recently built my second PC which has Bluetooth built into the motherboard (Z370 AORUS ULTRA GAMING WIFI) but my speaker isn't being detected by it, so I continued using the adapter. The adapted detects my speaker but wont play audio. I have tried troubleshooting the speaker which does turn the audio on but only through hands free mode which sounds awful. I did manage to get the speaker working on my PC once but I'm not sure how and then on restart it proceeded to revert to having the same issues. I have tried updating the drivers on everything, but to no avail. Any suggestions?

DrJonesMaximus, Dec 11, 2020
  3. Windows 10 computer paired w/ bluetooth speaker, but doesn't send music to speaker

How to troubleshoot: "Bluetooth speaker connected but no sound"

But before you start troubleshoot this issue, have you make sure to set your Bluetooth Headset as default play back device, while the media player( which ever you're using) was running? Also, have you read the user manual? That can be somethimes very useful!

After a short google search I found the following methods:

Method 1:

Check if the Bluetooth service is running:

1. Press Windows Key + R, type services.msc and press Enter.
    2. Search for Bluetooth support service.
    3. Check if it is started, if not Right click on the service and click on Start.

Method 2:

Reinstall the Bluetooth driver following these steps:

1. Press Windows key + X and select “Device Manager”
    2. Expand “Bluetooth” and right-click on the driver.
    3. Select “Uninstall”, check marked “delete the software for the device” and select “OK” (after that, you can see there is no “Bluetooth” expansion on "Device Manager")
    4. Select “Update Driver Software”.
    5. Restart the computer.

Method 3:

Restart Bluetooth wireless connectivity:

1. From the Start screen, swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap or click Settings.
    2. Tap or click Change PC settings.
    3. Tap or click PC and devices, and then tap or click Bluetooth.
    4. Under Bluetooth, tap or click to turn Bluetooth Off, and then tap or click again to turn Bluetooth On.

Furthermore, here are some useful links (and sources to this answer):

Stackcraft_noob, Dec 11, 2020
  4. Blaelph Win User

No audio output from my PC even though no errors are detected

I would suggest you start troubleshooting by checking which Playback device is set as default. Navigate to Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Sound. Look at the Playback tab. You should see all Playback devices listed. Make sure your speakers are connected to the port you want to use, are turned on and at a audible volume (if applicable). You can right-click the connected devices and select "Test" to send stereo chimes to the speakers. If you hear the chime come through the speakers, right-click that device and select "Set as Default Device" (and also you can "Set as Default Communication Device" if you intend to use the speakers for telecommunications applications like Skype). You can also check the levels for the device with right-click > Properties > Levels tab to ensure the device output level is adequate.

Blaelph, Dec 11, 2020
Thema:

1. Speakers not detected, no sound - Similar Threads - Speakers detected sound

2. External webcam speakers not detected in output sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External webcam speakers not detected in output sound: I've got a Toshiba laptop it's a older version all the drivers are up to date as I have checked from the manufacturer website. I've got a Logitech c920 external webcam everything is fine except it does not show up in playback sound does not show up in output sound does not...
  3. no speaker sound

in Windows 10 Customization
    no speaker sound: I AM TRYING TO CHANGE THE TREBLE LEVEL ON MY WINDOWS 10 COMPUTER AND HAVE STOPPED ALL SOUND OUTPUT BY MISTAKE https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-speaker-sound/eba21bba-f15b-4006-9e8c-420a3bf6a40f
  4. No speaker sound

No speaker sound: Windows 10. Im using Creative T30 Wireless speakers direct connected by wire to my HP laptop. The speakers are Blue Tooth but since Blue tooth performs poorly, I used direct connect. They have been working fine but for some reason Im suddenly not getting any sound. The...
  5. Speakers not detected

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Speakers not detected: Just updated Windows 10 and again it makes my laptop not detect its internal speakers. This happened after the last update and reinstalling audio and sound drivers worked, but not this time. Laptop is not even detecting its own internal speakers as an option....
  6. No Sound on Speakers

No Sound on Speakers: Hello! I just installed Windows 10 on my PC. My headset works great but when i unplug it, my speakers dont work. They are 2 simple speaker (+1 woofer) with the green jack connection. It shows those 2 devices: Screenshot by Lightshot The razer i guess is the headset. The...
  7. Speakers, sound

Speakers, sound: Hello! I don't know if this is the right place for my question but i've become so frustrated that i didn't know where else i could an answer. In the past few days, my Lenovo Legion y520 (I have it for about 7 months already) started to sound really muffled, I was playing one...
  8. No sound (no speakers, headphones, detected)

No sound (no speakers, headphones, detected): Hey there! All of the sudden my Yoga 920 running Windows 10 is not detecting any speakers/headphones and won't put out any sound. I've looked into it a bit and it looks as though there isn't a sound card installed. I've tried to run the sound troubleshooter and it just runs...
  9. Speakers not detected

Speakers not detected: My speakers,in the morning was fine,but now it's gone!It started with the Settings app not opening the sound panel,then the speaker name not appearing in the taskbar volume switch,and now it thinks there is no speaker!The speaker is named High Definition Audio Device and is a...
  10. Headphones not detected and sound continues to play through speakers

Headphones not detected and sound continues to play through speakers: After doing a complete reset and re installation of windows on my laptop the laptop no longer detects headphones. With headphones plugged into the headphone jack the sound still plays through the speakers. When I look in playback devices while the headphones are connected...