Windows 10: Speakers not detected

Discus and support Speakers not detected in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Just updated Windows 10 and again it makes my laptop not detect its internal speakers. This happened after the last update and reinstalling audio and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ZacharyBraun, Nov 3, 2020.

1. Speakers not detected

Just updated Windows 10 and again it makes my laptop not detect its internal speakers. This happened after the last update and reinstalling audio and sound drivers worked, but not this time.

Laptop is not even detecting its own internal speakers as an option.

:)

ZacharyBraun, Nov 3, 2020
  2. Ryan Fra Win User

No Speakers or Headphones detected

Hi,

This issue may have been caused by a corrupted Audio driver or defective audio port.

To better understand this concern please answer the following questions:

• Are you still able to play music using a built-in speakers?
    • Have you tried using other headphones or external speakers?

We also suggest that you run audio troubleshooter by following these steps:

• Type "troubleshooting" on the search box.
    • Select Troubleshooting on the result.
    • Click View all.
    • Choose Playing Audio then follow the instructions.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to post back.

Ryan Fra, Nov 3, 2020
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Microphone and speaker not detected

Hi Nelly,

The microphone and speaker may not be detected due to wrong configuration settings or outdated drivers. To isolate your concern, we'd like to ask the following questions:

• Have you tried updating your drivers?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Did you get any error messages? If yes, kindly provide us a screenshot.
    • Does this happen with Skype application only or with other application also?
    • Have you tried connecting your microphone and speaker to another computer and check if the issue still persist?
    • Have you tried using another microphone and speaker and check if the it still not recognized.

Meanwhile, we recommend that you run the troubleshooter for Hardware and Devices. This will identify and diagnose technical issues. Kindly follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X on your keyboard and select
      Control Panel.
    • On the upper right part of the Control Panel window, type
      Troubleshooting
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Click View all.
    • Click Hardware and Devices and follow the prompt to proceed with the troubleshooter.
    • Restart your PC and check if the issue still persist.

You may also perform sound troubleshooter by referring to this
    link
    . It will let you diagnose and provide a remedy to sound issue.

Let us know if you need more assistance.

Rose Cal, Nov 3, 2020
  4. Junaid_A Win User

Speakers not detected

Windows 10 recognizes my UE Megaboom as a headset and not a speaker will not work?

Hi Rachael,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I suggest you try the steps listed below and check if it works. This issue could be because of the Headphones BT SPEAKER Stereo being set as default. I suggest you to try the steps listed below and check if it works.

• Pair the speaker with your PC.
    • Right click the Windows icon on the taskbar and choose
      Device Manager.

• Expand Sound, video, and game controllers
      and right click on your Bluetooth speaker (BT SPEAKER Stereo).
    • Choose Disable and acknowledge the confirmation popup. Wait for the screen to refresh.
    • Right click on the same device again and Enable.
    • Exit Device Manager and see if the issue persist.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Nov 3, 2020
Thema:

Speakers not detected

1. Speakers not detected - Similar Threads - Speakers detected

2. mic being detected as speaker windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    mic being detected as speaker windows 11: 123456 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mic-being-detected-as-speaker-windows-11/f9431740-36cb-483a-ac5b-611c86995633
  3. mic being detected as speaker windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    mic being detected as speaker windows 11: 123456 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mic-being-detected-as-speaker-windows-11/f9431740-36cb-483a-ac5b-611c86995633
  4. why can't my voice is not detected even on the speaker

why can't my voice is not detected even on the speaker: I have issue on detecting my voice without mic in windows11 after updated, while I was making some videos from my laptop camera and couldn't detect my voice even on watsapp...
  5. why can't my voice is not detected even on the speaker

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why can't my voice is not detected even on the speaker: I have issue on detecting my voice without mic in windows11 after updated, while I was making some videos from my laptop camera and couldn't detect my voice even on watsapp...
  6. Xbox Wireless Headset detected as Speakers in Windows 11 when connected via Bluetooth, but...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Wireless Headset detected as Speakers in Windows 11 when connected via Bluetooth, but...: After an update, I noticed a change in audio quality while playing Call of Duty Warzone 2. After that, I looked at Windows settings, which showed Xbox wireless headset as a Speaker. To compensate for the loss of quality I have to play with the headset connected to the USB. Is...
  7. Xbox Wireless Headset detected as Speakers in Windows 11 when connected via Bluetooth, but...

Xbox Wireless Headset detected as Speakers in Windows 11 when connected via Bluetooth, but...: After an update, I noticed a change in audio quality while playing Call of Duty Warzone 2. After that, I looked at Windows settings, which showed Xbox wireless headset as a Speaker. To compensate for the loss of quality I have to play with the headset connected to the USB. Is...
  8. How to fix the Issue of the pc not detecting the mic in my earpods while the speaker is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix the Issue of the pc not detecting the mic in my earpods while the speaker is...: I have connected my wireless earpods and I was watching some videos and hearing properly , but when I had a meeting the other side wasn't able to hear me at all. I tried to see if there is something to do with the settings but it shows speaker is detected but the mic isn't...
  9. How to fix the Issue of the pc not detecting the mic in my earpods while the speaker is...

How to fix the Issue of the pc not detecting the mic in my earpods while the speaker is...: I have connected my wireless earpods and I was watching some videos and hearing properly , but when I had a meeting the other side wasn't able to hear me at all. I tried to see if there is something to do with the settings but it shows speaker is detected but the mic isn't...
  10. How to fix the Issue of the pc not detecting the mic in my earpods while the speaker is...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade