Windows 10: Speakers not dtected after Windows 10 clean install

Discus and support Speakers not dtected after Windows 10 clean install in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I just did a clean install of Windows 10 Home 64 on my PC I now have no sound through my speakers or headphone jack (the sound worked before and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by shalomhelman, Sep 9, 2019.

1. Speakers not dtected after Windows 10 clean install

I just did a clean install of Windows 10 Home 64 on my PC I now have no sound through my speakers or headphone jack (the sound worked before and I've tried all the standard fixes from Microsoft). Originally all I saw in the Sound output and in the sound control panel window was a generic high definition driver. I tried all the fixes, disabling and enabling, uninstalling and reinstalling, check for new hardware... Nothing helped.

My PC is a custom build so there is no manufacturer, so I looked for a driver for my motherboard Intel DG41RQ (J2E1). I found a legacy driver on this page https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/19472/Realtek-Audio-Driver-for-Legacy-Desktop-Boards?product=39683, I downloaded and installed that driver. It installed fine and now shows up in device manager and elsewhere, but still no sound. By the way the download page says this: End Of Life - This download, Realtek* Audio Driver for Legacy Desktop Boards 6201, will no longer be available after Sept. 13, 2019 and will not be supported with any additional functional, security, or other updates. All versions are provided as is. Intel recommends that users of Realtek* Audio Driver for Legacy Desktop Boards 6201 uninstall and/or discontinue use as soon as possible.

So what gives? How do I get sound working with Windows 10? I'd truly appreciate some specific advice. This is driving me crazy!

:)

shalomhelman, Sep 9, 2019
  2. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Sep 9, 2019
  3. Clean Install Workaround for Vista

You may remember this news story on techPowerUp! a couple of days ago relating to the lack of clean installs when using the Upgrade Editions of Vista, which required an old OS to be installed. However, Paul Thurrott has managed to find a workaround for this issue, which ironically lets users do a clean install Vista without any previous version of Windows, albeit a little tedious. Here are the steps:
    • Boot from the Windows Vista Upgrade DVD as normal
    • When prompted for a product code, leave this blank
    • Select the version of Vista you have purchased and let Vista install
    • When you boot to your desktop for the first time, run the Vista setup from Windows
    • This time enter your product key
    • When asked whether you want to do an Upgrade of Custom install, select custom and choose a clean install
    • Windows will now install for a second time and you should be able to activate it
    Remember, these steps are only advised for use in order to achieve a clean install of Vista, it is only legal to use the upgrade editions if you have previously purchased the appropriate version of Windows.

Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, Sep 9, 2019
  4. Speakers not dtected after Windows 10 clean install

Clean Windows 10 (?PRO?) install

I have bought a legit "Windows 10 Pro" key of a key website. It is legit since i'm currently using it for over a year now. I currently have Windows 10 Pro installed on my PC and I want to do a clean install. I just can't find the windows 10 Pro download in the tool. But if i could use a windows 10 pro key with a normal windows 10 install, I'll be good to go.

JeroenBeunckens, Sep 9, 2019
Thema:

Speakers not dtected after Windows 10 clean install

1. Speakers not dtected after Windows 10 clean install - Similar Threads - Speakers dtected clean

2. Laptop built-in speakers don't work after clean installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop built-in speakers don't work after clean installation: To whom it may concern,This question is about an issue in relation to my laptop's speakers. I had a folder that would keep appearing after trying to delete it so I decided to perform a clean installation of Windows 11. However, after installing Windows 11, I noticed that my...
  3. Laptop built-in speakers don't work after clean installation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop built-in speakers don't work after clean installation: To whom it may concern,This question is about an issue in relation to my laptop's speakers. I had a folder that would keep appearing after trying to delete it so I decided to perform a clean installation of Windows 11. However, after installing Windows 11, I noticed that my...
  4. Windows 10 Activation after clean install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Activation after clean install: Hi, i've just done a clean install of Windows 10, and im using the old key that i had but now it's giving me error code 0x803f7001. According to the FAQ it means that the key doesnt exist but that's weird because it did activate before? Not sure how i can solve this....
  5. Windows 10 Update Locked-Clean Install Now Speakers Not Recognized

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Update Locked-Clean Install Now Speakers Not Recognized: Yes, I've tried to uninstall drivers, more clean installs of Windows 10, tech support, updating drivers sometime it says unable to update due to malfunctioning device plugged in, etc. I. Have. Tried. It. All. All except for the solution, which I know is out here. HP...
  6. Crash after clean install of windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Crash after clean install of windows 10: Hey guys any help would be much appreciated Recently had some BSOD drama and was unable to log back in, I have my OS on its own drive so I did a fresh reinstall of windows 10 2 days ago. I just had a crash for the first time, system service exception. I was hoping someone...
  7. Internal speakers don't work after Windows 10 clean installation

Internal speakers don't work after Windows 10 clean installation: I have an older HP Touchsmart which I upgraded from W7 to W10 several years ago with no problem. I recently received an alert from Microsoft recommending a clean re-installation of Windows 10 for some functionality issue, so I initiated the recommended fix. While the...
  8. No sound on windows 10 after clean install

No sound on windows 10 after clean install: A few months ago I wiped the computer hard drives clean and reinstalled windows 10. After the new install the external computer speakers will not work. I know they work with windows 10 as they did before the clean install which was 10. The speakers work just fine when...
  9. Windows 10 freezing after clean install

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 freezing after clean install: Hi, my computer keeps freezing even after a clean install on a SSD drive, mainly while using the edge browser. I did a full reset and still it froze while watching Mission Impossible trailer. nb. I have no third party software installed. The system a simple standard...
  10. Downgrading after clean Install of windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Downgrading after clean Install of windows 10: Hey So I did a clean install of windows 10 because my computer was running slow, but now I would like to downgrade back to windows and I don't have the "windows.old" because of the clean install. Could someone please help me figure out a way to downgrade to my old...