Windows 10: speakers not mutting on new Dell computer when phones conneted

Discus and support speakers not mutting on new Dell computer when phones conneted in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi guys, this new dell is getting a pain in the butt, I now find the speakers are not muting when the headphone jack is fitted, so I have still had... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by sidney1, Mar 6, 2020.

1. sidney1 Win User

speakers not mutting on new Dell computer when phones conneted

Hi guys, this new dell is getting a pain in the butt, I now find the speakers are not muting when the headphone jack is fitted, so I have still had sound on speakers no sound to the headphones was ok yesterday but not today, thanks in advance

:)

sidney1, Mar 6, 2020
  2. Tobbe Win User

Can't select paired bluetooth speaker as sound output (Windows 10)

I just got a new bluetooth speaker, an Urbanears Stammen (concrete grey)

I can connect to it from my phone, using Bluetooth, and play back sound no problem. But I can't get my Windows 10 laptop (Dell XPS 15) to use it as a playback device.

I can connect and pair to it no problem, as you see in the screenshot below

speakers not mutting on new Dell computer when phones conneted ehlZX.png

It also shows up under bluetooth in the device manager. It's not listed under "Audio inputs and outputs", which I thought it should be, but I can see it under "Sound, video and game controllers".

speakers not mutting on new Dell computer when phones conneted d4Fvh.png

But I can't select it as a playback device speakers not mutting on new Dell computer when phones conneted :(

speakers not mutting on new Dell computer when phones conneted DNCNI.png

I found this relevant superuser question: Windows 10 computer paired w/ bluetooth speaker, but doesn't send music to speaker

And I tried the suggested steps listed there, but nothing helped speakers not mutting on new Dell computer when phones conneted :(

Any further ideas I could try?

Tobbe, Mar 6, 2020
  3. Concorde1 Win User
    New speakers comparison

(update 2)

Previously had a thread about a 5.1 setup, asking for suggestions of speakers for a computer setup.

Now I have a list of brands/speakers I'm looking for opinions on, for a 2.1. Most of them I can't try without buying them as I'm not in the right region. Budget is about $800-1000 usd for a set of 2.

I am getting a subwoofer.

Want all-rounder for music, games and movies.

Going roughly from most likely to least likely suitable:

JBL
    •studio 530

Monitor audio
    •bronze 2
    •(older) bx-2

HIVI/swan
    •H5
    •T200C

Boston acoustics
    •vs260

PSA
    •mt-110

Other suggestions are welcome, but some I have listened to and didn't like much include: paradigm, totem, cambridge, martin logan. Think there were a couple of others..

Thank you

Concorde1, Mar 6, 2020
  4. Rose Cal Win User

speakers

Hi Charlie,

Corrupted or outdated drivers may be one of the possible causes why your speakers are not working properly. To efficiently assists you, we'd like to gather more information:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Have you tried updating your drivers?
    • Have you tried connecting your speakers to another computer and check if the issue still persists?
    • Have you tried using other speakers and check if the issue still persists?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow the steps in this article on how to troubleshoot sound problems.

Let us know if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Mar 6, 2020
Thema:

1. speakers not mutting on new Dell computer when phones conneted - Similar Threads - speakers mutting Dell

2. no sound on computer only phone speakers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    no sound on computer only phone speakers: ive set up link your windows successful yet whenever playing music movies or phone call all sound still comes through my phone Galaxy S21 5G. I would like to know how I would get sound from the phone to computer...
  3. no sound on computer only phone speakers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    no sound on computer only phone speakers: ive set up link your windows successful yet whenever playing music movies or phone call all sound still comes through my phone Galaxy S21 5G. I would like to know how I would get sound from the phone to computer...
  4. sound only from Dell computer speaker

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    sound only from Dell computer speaker: sound only from Dell computer speaker recently installed second displayport cable to no avail https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-only-from-dell-computer-speaker/da973d09-9825-48f8-bb7c-b138ec43f5d8
  5. external speakers on Dell

external speakers on Dell: My external speakers to my Dell computer don't seem to be working. They were purchased only a few months ago https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-speakers-on-dell/2961effc-72dc-4901-a970-89eab06b7784
  6. Computer is not recognizing new speakers

Computer is not recognizing new speakers: Hi all! So I just got new Elegiant SR300 speakers. They have just 2 cables: 3.5mm and USB. I hooked these up to the front USB and jack to get them up and running and unfortunately my PC is refusing to recognize that these are hooked up. The speakers are lit up indicating...
  7. Speaker Static When Browsing Web on New Dell Inspiron 1909?

Speaker Static When Browsing Web on New Dell Inspiron 1909?: Just completed the set up of my new Win 10 Dell. Strange but then I surf the web or sometimes even move the mouse, I get some static / white noise from the speakers... this happened once before on my Win7 system, but not very often. Thanks 149050
  8. Bluescreen when conneting to internet

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bluescreen when conneting to internet: I'm using windows 10 and when i connect internet cable or connect to a wireless network a bluescreen appears and forces the computer to restart. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluescreen-when-conneting-to-internet/42bc8bc2-3c4b-42ce-a77c-4ff41471cba4
  9. New Dell Computer

in Windows 10 Customization
    New Dell Computer: I went online and bought this Dell Computer. (Vostro 3583|Service Tag: 8QTHTW2It) It has no DVD tray? What if I wanted to write something to a CD or DVD? Crazy . . . I suppose I could add an external drive. Or could I? It also said it had Windows 10 Pro? But, when I went...
  10. no audio when conneted to bluetooth speakers

no audio when conneted to bluetooth speakers: no audio when connected to bluetooth speakers. troubleshooting results: check bluetooth status. How do i do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-audio-when-conneted-to-bluetooth-speakers/39d2c4c0-0024-4f78-949b-8ae5df935654