Windows 10: Speakers not showing in my audio tab

Discus and support Speakers not showing in my audio tab in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I woke up this morning, I went to my HP Omen Laptop and I did not find any audio. My speakers are not showing up on my audio tab and I have checked the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by HyperEclipse, Oct 12, 2018.

1. Speakers not showing in my audio tab

I woke up this morning, I went to my HP Omen Laptop and I did not find any audio. My speakers are not showing up on my audio tab and I have checked the sound panel and everything and a lot of forums and I found nothing. Any help?

(This is my first time asking a question in any forum)

:)

HyperEclipse, Oct 12, 2018
  2. Mayra Aqu Win User

no enhancements tab on my speaker properties HP windows 10

Hi Manuelde,

Outdated audio driver is one of the usual caused why the enhancements tab is not appearing on the speakers properties. There are also audio drivers that don't have an enhancement tab.

To isolate the root cause of the issue, we need additional information:

• Which audio driver are you using?
    • Were you able to use the enhancement tab before?
    • Did you make any changes prior to the issue?

As an initial troubleshooting, we suggest uninstalling the driver using the steps below:

• Open Device Manager.
    • Right-click (or tap and hold) the name of the device, and select
      Uninstall.
    • Restart your PC and Windows will attempt to reinstall the driver.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Mayra Aqu, Oct 12, 2018
  3. Re-enable audio device

Hi,

I would be happy to assist you.

Before we proceed with troubleshooting, I would need little information on the issue.

• Are using speakers / head phones to listen to audio?
    If you have disabled the audio device, then you might not see it under the list of playback devices. I would suggest you to follow these steps to make sure you see the disabled devices:

• Open
        Control panel

• Click Hardware and Sound and then Click on
        Sounds.

• Under Playback tab, right click on the empty area and make sure
        “Show Disabled Devices” has a check mark on it. If headphones/Speakers are disabled, it will now show up in the list.

• Right click on the device and
        Enable it. Click OK.
    If the issue still persists, try enabling speakers automatically using steps below.

• Go to Settings> Click on themes> Advance sound settings> right click on the speakers or the audio device youo have connected > click on
      Configure device.

• Test the sound level you want, click Next.

• And configure the audio devices.

Hope this helps you. Do reply if you need further assistance on Windows 10.

Thank you.

Vidyashree_C, Oct 12, 2018
  4. Jonatino Win User

Speakers not showing in my audio tab

Rear audio ports always show as “Not plugged in”

I've been having this issue with Windows for about a week now which NONE of the back panel/front panel connectors (speakers, microphone) are being recognized by Realtek audio manager. The only audio input/outputs that are showing are the optical.
    Troubling shooting steps I've tried (none worked):

• COMPLETELY uninstall all Realtek drivers/reinstall
    • Tried using windows drivers
    • Reinstall Windows 10
    • Upgraded chipset driver
    • sfc /scannow
    I called EVGA and asked for RMA but then I booted into a Ubuntu OS and all the ports work FINE. It must be a problem with windows 10.
    Can you think of any other troubling shooting step I can try to fix this annoying issue? Thanks!
    Screenshot of playback devices:

Speakers not showing in my audio tab [​IMG]

Screenshot of Realtek HD Audio Manager:

After looking in Device Manager under Audio inputs and outputs, I don't see any speaker/microphone listings, only the optical crap:

Jonatino, Oct 12, 2018
Thema:

Speakers not showing in my audio tab

1. Speakers not showing in my audio tab - Similar Threads - Speakers showing audio

2. Restoring my speaker audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restoring my speaker audio: My speaker audio is gone, I tried to install the driver from Drivereasy but the audio is still missing, how can I restore the audio in my laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restoring-my-speaker-audio/ce3a6ac7-6919-45a3-ac56-804eee8a0df1
  3. Restoring my speaker audio

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restoring my speaker audio: My speaker audio is gone, I tried to install the driver from Drivereasy but the audio is still missing, how can I restore the audio in my laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restoring-my-speaker-audio/ce3a6ac7-6919-45a3-ac56-804eee8a0df1
  4. Restoring my speaker audio

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. my speakers not showing as audio device lol

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    my speakers not showing as audio device lol: LOL my speakers not showing as audio device https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-speakers-not-showing-as-audio-device-lol/8d19aee5-51dc-4511-928a-388e189776e1
  6. Speakers won't show up in playback audio

Speakers won't show up in playback audio: Back story , few days ago i bought a new gaming laptop ASUS ROG Strix G15 G512LI-HN279T and it was working fine . My brother borrowed it a yesterday and because got a few softwares like ccleaner and tried to update the drivers . When i got...
  7. Problems with the audio of my speakers

Problems with the audio of my speakers: First, when i was playing something the audio was very low at the beginning and it got silenced. Then, I update my laptop to the 2004 version and the audio is very low but at least it doesn't get silenced. The audio with my headphones works perfectly....
  8. Audio enhancements tab is showing for headphones but not microphone

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio enhancements tab is showing for headphones but not microphone: I have tried updating and restarting my computer. Nothing has worked, please help! submitted by /u/howisherobrine [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ftudl1/audio_enhancements_tab_is_showing_for_headphones/
  9. only speakers show in control panel not audio

only speakers show in control panel not audio: only speakers show in control panel not audio https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/only-speakers-show-in-control-panel-not-audio/7710eeac-6476-4824-8aa5-7cfcc0071808
  10. No audio from my speakers

No audio from my speakers: I cant get my speakers to work. The power is on (speaker light on) volume at max. The jack plug is in the centre of the 3 sockets at the lower back of the PC panel Original Title: I can't make my speakers work. They are connect by a jack plug to the middle of the 3...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. can not see speakers tab in windows