Windows 10: speakers not working after second Windows 10 upgrade.

Discus and support speakers not working after second Windows 10 upgrade. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Windows 8 upgraded to Free Beta Version Windows 10, Then in October 2018 upgraded to a newer version of Windows 10. Works fine but no sound after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Vlad22WG, Dec 7, 2018.

1. Vlad22WG Win User

speakers not working after second Windows 10 upgrade.

Windows 8 upgraded to Free Beta Version Windows 10, Then in October 2018 upgraded to a newer version of Windows 10. Works fine but no sound after October upgrade. I would like to have sound... What can I do?

:)

Vlad22WG, Dec 7, 2018
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Dec 7, 2018
  3. Mussels Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Dec 7, 2018
  4. Ivy Mun Win User

Speakers and headphones work at the same time

Hi.

Let us isolate your concern by answering these few questions.

• Have you tried connecting your headphones directly to your desktop?
    • Does your speaker work normally when connected to your desktop?
    You may try the following steps to help resolve your concern:

• Unplug or Disconnect your speaker from the desktop.
    • Connect your headphone directly to the desktop.
    If the headphone works properly when directly connected to the desktop, we suggest that you contact your speaker manufacturer for assistance.

Let us know how it goes.

Ivy Mun, Dec 7, 2018
Thema:

1. speakers not working after second Windows 10 upgrade. - Similar Threads - speakers working second

2. Speakers not working after Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Speakers not working after Windows 10 update: OS : WIndows 10 Date of update : 12 Jan 2021 Issue post update : No audio despite repeated troubleshooting, driver reinstallation and restarts. Please help!...
  3. Windows 10 failed to recognise installed speakers after an upgrade.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 failed to recognise installed speakers after an upgrade.: Windows 10 failed to recognise installed speakers after an upgrade. When I restored the system, the device showed again. When the updates were done, the device wasn't recognised again. I have now disabled windows updates. Why is this happening? Surely other users have...
  4. External Speakers not working after update Windows 10

External Speakers not working after update Windows 10: My external speakers were working fine on my laptop until the latest update. I've rebooted multiple times. The troubleshooter tells me the Windows Audio and Windows Audio End Point are missing and there's no Jack?? My speakers are working 100% I've tested them on another...
  5. USB speaker not working with Windows 10 after update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    USB speaker not working with Windows 10 after update: I recently installed the new Windows 10 update on my laptop, and ever since then, my laptop stopped playing the audio through my Bose Revolve Plus speaker when plugged into the USB port. All USB ports work fine, my speaker even makes a sound and starts charging when I plug...
  6. after upgrading to Windows 10 I found that the Bass speakers/ subwoofer is not working anymore

after upgrading to Windows 10 I found that the Bass speakers/ subwoofer is not working anymore: I have a Logitech Wired Speakers, after upgrading to Windows 10 I found that the Bass speakers/ subwoofer is not working anymore. Also the option to control what speakers I use only allows Realtek headphones/ Audio. How can I modify this to the previous options on speakers?...
  7. Windows 10 and my bose speaker will not work since upgrade

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 and my bose speaker will not work since upgrade: How do I get my bose speaker to work with windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-and-my-bose-speaker-will-not-work-since/34dd5c7c-f3ca-4659-b1b0-e334ca727de9
  8. Speaker doesn't work after windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Speaker doesn't work after windows 10 update: Hello, After the recent update my speaker doesn't work any more: it connects to the PC, but there is no sound coming out when a video\music is played. The same happens when I connect via Bluetooth or AUX. The speaker works fine when it is connected to the phone. I checked...
  9. Speakers stopped working after I upgraded to windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Speakers stopped working after I upgraded to windows 10: I just upgraded to windows 10 from windows 7 but the speakers I've been using stopped working and it's confusing me to no end. I use a hdmi splitter and I thought that might be the problem but when I switched it out for my playstation the audio worked fine... I've deleted,...
  10. BSOD 10 seconds after I connect my Speakers

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD 10 seconds after I connect my Speakers: Hi Everyone! Thank you for taking out time to read my problem. I have 2 bookshelf speakers that I have connected to an Amplifier which looks something like this: [ATTACH] The Speaker connects using AUX cable, so whenever I plug in my amp aux in PC, Just after 5-10 Seconds,...