Windows 10: Speakers not working after Windows 10 update

Discus and support Speakers not working after Windows 10 update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; OS : WIndows 10 Date of update : 12 Jan 2021 Issue post update : No audio despite repeated troubleshooting, driver reinstallation and restarts.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SuhanyaMS, Jan 12, 2021.

1. SuhanyaMS Win User

Speakers not working after Windows 10 update

Date of update : 12 Jan 2021

Issue post update : No audio despite repeated troubleshooting, driver reinstallation and restarts.

Please help!

:)

SuhanyaMS, Jan 12, 2021
  2. Junaid_A Win User

Windows 10 recognizes my UE Megaboom as a headset and not a speaker will not work?

Hi Rachael,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I suggest you try the steps listed below and check if it works. This issue could be because of the Headphones BT SPEAKER Stereo being set as default. I suggest you to try the steps listed below and check if it works.

• Pair the speaker with your PC.
    • Right click the Windows icon on the taskbar and choose
      Device Manager.

• Expand Sound, video, and game controllers
      and right click on your Bluetooth speaker (BT SPEAKER Stereo).
    • Choose Disable and acknowledge the confirmation popup. Wait for the screen to refresh.
    • Right click on the same device again and Enable.
    • Exit Device Manager and see if the issue persist.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Jan 12, 2021
  3. [SOLVED] Windows 10 Realtek 'Speaker Fill' not working

Found a solution.

#1: Close Nehimic (setup does not auto-close it) and uninstall if it is installed.

#2: Uninstall Realtek drivers. Restart computer when prompted. When your computer comes back up, Realtek will be running off of Microsoft's generic HD Audio driver.

#3: Follow the directions here to prohibit Windows Update from reinstalling the Realtek driver.

#4: Open "Sounds" then "Playback Devices," select the device from the list and click on "Configure." Follow the prompts.

#5: Right click on the device and select "Properties," then "Enhancements," then check "Speaker Fill" and apply. If you do not see "Speaker Fill," repeat step #4 and make sure to pick a choice that has more than two speakers. "Apply" the changes.

#6: Start playing audio. You will have to restart the program if it was running in order for the change to take effect. Your stereo music should now be playing as Stereo Surround! *Big Grin Speakers not working after Windows 10 update :D

FordGT90Concept, Jan 12, 2021
  4. chispy Win User

Creative X-Fi Soundcards and Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709 = Complete Disaster / Not Working

Thank you for trying to help , i did tried your suggestion but it did not work :/ , nothing seems to make it work on Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709. In the meantime i have bought a new SoundBlasterX AE-5 and it did installed flawlessly , no problems whatsoever. it is up to Creative ( drivers ) and Microsoft ( bug fix ) to fix this huge bugs with Audio.

Kind Regards: Chispy

chispy, Jan 12, 2021
Thema:

1. Speakers not working after Windows 10 update - Similar Threads - Speakers working update

2. Speakers not working after Windows 11 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Speakers not working after Windows 11 update: My laptop recently updated to Windows 11 version 22H2 and ever since then, the speakers have not been working. I am able to listen to any audio only by using external attachments like earphones. I have troubleshot and checked driver specifications but nothing seems to resolve...
  3. Speakers not working after latest Windows update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Speakers not working after latest Windows update: Lost all audio from speakers after the update, tried every method to gain audio back but im unable to. It works fine with bluetooth speakers.It has caused weird bugs, if I play the overwatch 2 beta with the no audio speakers the game hangs and freezes every second but works...
  4. Speakers not working after latest Windows update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Speakers not working after latest Windows update: Lost all audio from speakers after the update, tried every method to gain audio back but im unable to. It works fine with bluetooth speakers.It has caused weird bugs, if I play the overwatch 2 beta with the no audio speakers the game hangs and freezes every second but works...
  5. Speakers not working after latest Windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. External Speakers not working after update Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External Speakers not working after update Windows 10: My external speakers were working fine on my laptop until the latest update. I've rebooted multiple times. The troubleshooter tells me the Windows Audio and Windows Audio End Point are missing and there's no Jack?? My speakers are working 100% I've tested them on another...
  7. USB speaker not working with Windows 10 after update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    USB speaker not working with Windows 10 after update: I recently installed the new Windows 10 update on my laptop, and ever since then, my laptop stopped playing the audio through my Bose Revolve Plus speaker when plugged into the USB port. All USB ports work fine, my speaker even makes a sound and starts charging when I plug...
  8. Speaker doesn't work after windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Speaker doesn't work after windows 10 update: Hello, After the recent update my speaker doesn't work any more: it connects to the PC, but there is no sound coming out when a video\music is played. The same happens when I connect via Bluetooth or AUX. The speaker works fine when it is connected to the phone. I checked...
  9. Speakers not working after Windows update

Speakers not working after Windows update: I just installed the latest Windows update and as a result my internal laptop speakers are no longer working. The speaker icon displays a red X and the error message states that "the speaker is unplugged". Did this update contain a corrupt driver? I tried to update or roll...
  10. Speakers no longer working after Windows update

Speakers no longer working after Windows update: Dell Inspiron 13 / 7000 series. Windows update 0n October 10, 2018. Speakers no longer work. Bluetooth speaker is OK. Tried all the usual fixes...drivers etc. Could NOT try sytem recovery as this was not set to on. Any clues?...