Windows 10: Speakers not working after Windows update

Discus and support Speakers not working after Windows update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I just installed the latest Windows update and as a result my internal laptop speakers are no longer working. The speaker icon displays a red X and the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JANEL_619, Oct 12, 2018.

1. JANEL_619 Win User

Speakers not working after Windows update

I just installed the latest Windows update and as a result my internal laptop speakers are no longer working. The speaker icon displays a red X and the error message states that "the speaker is unplugged".

Did this update contain a corrupt driver? I tried to update or roll back the sound driver but that option is grayed out.

:)

JANEL_619, Oct 12, 2018
  2. Ivy Mun Win User

Speakers and headphones work at the same time

Hi.

Let us isolate your concern by answering these few questions.

• Have you tried connecting your headphones directly to your desktop?
    • Does your speaker work normally when connected to your desktop?
    You may try the following steps to help resolve your concern:

• Unplug or Disconnect your speaker from the desktop.
    • Connect your headphone directly to the desktop.
    If the headphone works properly when directly connected to the desktop, we suggest that you contact your speaker manufacturer for assistance.

Let us know how it goes.

Ivy Mun, Oct 12, 2018
  3. Speakers not working with Windows 10

Hi,

For us to further isolate the issue, please clarify the following:

• Did you receive any error messages?
    • Have you tried using a different speaker with your device?

Meanwhile, you can check on this
    link
    for troubleshooting steps. We suggest that you also try to follow the steps provided and update us with the result.

Regards.

Lov Dollente, Oct 12, 2018
  4. Rose Cal Win User

speakers

Hi Charlie,

Corrupted or outdated drivers may be one of the possible causes why your speakers are not working properly. To efficiently assists you, we'd like to gather more information:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Have you tried updating your drivers?
    • Have you tried connecting your speakers to another computer and check if the issue still persists?
    • Have you tried using other speakers and check if the issue still persists?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow the steps in this article on how to troubleshoot sound problems.

Let us know if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Oct 12, 2018
Thema:

1. Speakers not working after Windows update - Similar Threads - Speakers working update

2. Speakers not working after Windows 11 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Speakers not working after Windows 11 update: My laptop recently updated to Windows 11 version 22H2 and ever since then, the speakers have not been working. I am able to listen to any audio only by using external attachments like earphones. I have troubleshot and checked driver specifications but nothing seems to resolve...
  3. Speakers not working after Windows 11 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Speakers not working after Windows 11 update: My laptop recently updated to Windows 11 version 22H2 and ever since then, the speakers have not been working. I am able to listen to any audio only by using external attachments like earphones. I have troubleshot and checked driver specifications but nothing seems to resolve...
  4. Speakers not working after latest Windows update

Speakers not working after latest Windows update: Lost all audio from speakers after the update, tried every method to gain audio back but im unable to. It works fine with bluetooth speakers.It has caused weird bugs, if I play the overwatch 2 beta with the no audio speakers the game hangs and freezes every second but works...
  5. Speakers not working after latest Windows update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Speakers not working after latest Windows update: Lost all audio from speakers after the update, tried every method to gain audio back but im unable to. It works fine with bluetooth speakers.It has caused weird bugs, if I play the overwatch 2 beta with the no audio speakers the game hangs and freezes every second but works...
  6. Speakers not working after latest Windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Speakers not working after driver update.

Speakers not working after driver update.: Hi! I am having a speaker problem. I am in Windows 11 and I am having a speaker problem since a driver update. This is a fresh new laptop and since this update sound from websites like Youtube are not played but video playback from my files is properly working.Please address...
  8. Speakers not working after driver update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Speakers not working after driver update.: Hi! I am having a speaker problem. I am in Windows 11 and I am having a speaker problem since a driver update. This is a fresh new laptop and since this update sound from websites like Youtube are not played but video playback from my files is properly working.Please address...
  9. Speakers not working after Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Speakers not working after Windows 10 update: OS : WIndows 10 Date of update : 12 Jan 2021 Issue post update : No audio despite repeated troubleshooting, driver reinstallation and restarts. Please help!...
  10. Speakers no longer working after Windows update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Speakers no longer working after Windows update: Dell Inspiron 13 / 7000 series. Windows update 0n October 10, 2018. Speakers no longer work. Bluetooth speaker is OK. Tried all the usual fixes...drivers etc. Could NOT try sytem recovery as this was not set to on. Any clues?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. internal speakers not working after windows update red cross