Windows 10: speakers not working properly

Discus and support speakers not working properly in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Only 1 of my speakers works at a time. either the left or right speaker works, just not both at the same time. Any ideas as to what I can do?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by HimiKittner, Feb 2, 2020.

1. speakers not working properly

Only 1 of my speakers works at a time. either the left or right speaker works, just not both at the same time. Any ideas as to what I can do?

:)

HimiKittner, Feb 2, 2020
  2. Ivy Mun Win User

Speakers and headphones work at the same time

Hi.

Let us isolate your concern by answering these few questions.

• Have you tried connecting your headphones directly to your desktop?
    • Does your speaker work normally when connected to your desktop?
    You may try the following steps to help resolve your concern:

• Unplug or Disconnect your speaker from the desktop.
    • Connect your headphone directly to the desktop.
    If the headphone works properly when directly connected to the desktop, we suggest that you contact your speaker manufacturer for assistance.

Let us know how it goes.

Ivy Mun, Feb 2, 2020
  3. Junaid_A Win User
    Windows 10 recognizes my UE Megaboom as a headset and not a speaker will not work?

Hi Rachael,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I suggest you try the steps listed below and check if it works. This issue could be because of the Headphones BT SPEAKER Stereo being set as default. I suggest you to try the steps listed below and check if it works.

• Pair the speaker with your PC.
    • Right click the Windows icon on the taskbar and choose
      Device Manager.

• Expand Sound, video, and game controllers
      and right click on your Bluetooth speaker (BT SPEAKER Stereo).
    • Choose Disable and acknowledge the confirmation popup. Wait for the screen to refresh.
    • Right click on the same device again and Enable.
    • Exit Device Manager and see if the issue persist.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Feb 2, 2020
  4. Rose Cal Win User

speakers not working properly

speakers

Hi Charlie,

Corrupted or outdated drivers may be one of the possible causes why your speakers are not working properly. To efficiently assists you, we'd like to gather more information:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Have you tried updating your drivers?
    • Have you tried connecting your speakers to another computer and check if the issue still persists?
    • Have you tried using other speakers and check if the issue still persists?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow the steps in this article on how to troubleshoot sound problems.

Let us know if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Feb 2, 2020
Thema:

speakers not working properly

1. speakers not working properly - Similar Threads - speakers working properly

2. left speaker of my windows pc is not working properly. Is that an external speaker?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    left speaker of my windows pc is not working properly. Is that an external speaker?: left speaker of my windows pc is not working.Is that an external speaker?. Dell speaker https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/left-speaker-of-my-windows-pc-is-not-working/825896f8-9888-4ea0-8adc-dc5ac0397747
  3. left speaker of my windows pc is not working properly. Is that an external speaker?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    left speaker of my windows pc is not working properly. Is that an external speaker?: left speaker of my windows pc is not working.Is that an external speaker?. Dell speaker https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/left-speaker-of-my-windows-pc-is-not-working/825896f8-9888-4ea0-8adc-dc5ac0397747
  4. left speaker of my windows pc is not working properly. Is that an external speaker?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. External Speakers Not Functioning Properly

External Speakers Not Functioning Properly: External, standalone not computer speakers do nothing but make a monotonous, clicking sound, over and over, but a female voice says "Music," when speakers are connected. Doesn't the fact that I hear SOME sound mean that they're NOT blown? I've tried every troubleshooting...
  6. Speakers not working properly. What should I do?

Speakers not working properly. What should I do?: I recently bought this laptop. It worked fine. But after 1 month of use, only the right side of speaker is working. I tried to troubleshoot the problem, but it showed that there is no problem. I tried to update the driver, but it was up-to-date. Can anyone please help me!...
  7. Bluetooth speaker is not working properly

Bluetooth speaker is not working properly: Soo this just happened like a day ago and ive been trying to fix it myself but i cant find anyone with the same problem. soo my bluetooth speaker (jbl charge 4) is connected to my pc but the only sound it makes is from windows itself aka warnings and volume changing sound +...
  8. default speakers not working properly after windows update

default speakers not working properly after windows update: after the windows update i felt that for 2-3 days there was a problem with my earphones. when i start a video there is no sound for a few seconds but when i moved the video a few seconds back the earphones started working normally. today i was watching a video online (without...
  9. Cannot get Beats Audio speakers to work properly.

Cannot get Beats Audio speakers to work properly.: Heya. I've got an HP dv7t-7000. I've a recent clean install on it and I cannot get the speakers to work properly. This particular machine comes with a pair of Triple Bass Reflex Subwoofers, which means that it has two run of the mill laptop speakers and an additional...
  10. Can't get external speakers to work properly on laptop

Can't get external speakers to work properly on laptop: Alright, I've been trying to find anyone with a similar problem, tried some different things but none worked. I have a jack on the side of the laptop as usual, where I plug my headphones which do work perfectly. The laptop's internal speakers also work. The problem comes...