Windows 10: speakers not working, windows says unplugged

Discus and support speakers not working, windows says unplugged in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Can anyone help me? I am having issues with my external speakers. I am running a HP Pavilion desktop pc, using Windows 10. I have done all the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by robertbakerUH, May 13, 2020.

1. speakers not working, windows says unplugged

Can anyone help me?

I am having issues with my external speakers. I am running a HP Pavilion desktop pc, using Windows 10. I have done all the latest updates, but now, for some reason, the computer will not recognise my speakers, and says they are not plugged in. They are in the right jack, the green output socket. I have run the various diagnostics, but they all say there is no speaker plugged in. I do not use headphones or microphone, so I have only used the relevant speaker socket.

The speakers were working fine before I did the latest updates. I am not tech savvy, but I have never had problems before with my speakers. As far as I can tell the sound drivers are all up to date, but it will not update the speaker drivers, as it says there is nothing plugged in.

I hope someone can help me with this issue.

:)

robertbakerUH, May 13, 2020
  2. sizzla Win User

speaker unplugged ...???

hello. after a reboot of the Computer, I no longer had sound coming out of my speaker, I unplugged and reconnected, I test on the front out, I reinstalled the audio driver to date, then (can be a cause of despair) I reinstall windows 8.1, I do all the updating I reconfiguer the driver as he was when my speaker worked and always shows me unplugged while my speaker are connected . I also test my speaker on my phone and it works. the sound card is it burning? thank you in advance

sizzla, May 13, 2020
  3. Ivy Mun Win User
    Speakers and headphones work at the same time

Hi.

Let us isolate your concern by answering these few questions.

• Have you tried connecting your headphones directly to your desktop?
    • Does your speaker work normally when connected to your desktop?
    You may try the following steps to help resolve your concern:

• Unplug or Disconnect your speaker from the desktop.
    • Connect your headphone directly to the desktop.
    If the headphone works properly when directly connected to the desktop, we suggest that you contact your speaker manufacturer for assistance.

Let us know how it goes.

Ivy Mun, May 13, 2020
  4. speakers not working, windows says unplugged

HP Notebook 15 recognizing tv speakers, but saying they are unplugged

I reinstalled windows on this laptop because it was not working correctly, and a new problem arose after installation, the laptop says that the speakers in the HDMI display I use are "unplugged", but they work fine with my Xbox. I know it is not a hardware problem because before I reinstalled windows, I installed Ubuntu 18.04 cause why not, and the speakers worked fine. The built in speakers on the laptop work fine

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling drivers, and doing a good few other things I've seen on other forums.

Solutions?

glitchdweller, May 13, 2020
Thema:

speakers not working, windows says unplugged

1. speakers not working, windows says unplugged - Similar Threads - speakers working says

2. Windows 10 says no speaker device is installed after unplugging headphones on laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 says no speaker device is installed after unplugging headphones on laptop: Hello guys. So I noticed that once I unplugg my headphones, I see that little red cross on the speaker icon on the taskbar. When I hover my mouse on it, it says that no speaker device is installed. I did this method of fixing, but it was temporary and the problem happened...
  3. Speaker, headset or headphone is unplugged.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Speaker, headset or headphone is unplugged.: Hi , I have a problem with my laptop and i hope someone could help :Here i have a ASUS TUF FX505G Model.29May 2021Sound problem started to appear on my laptop. But i manage to fix it by update driver. And I notice there are 4 Drivers under "sound , video and game controller"...
  4. When I unplug and replug speakers, they no longer work.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    When I unplug and replug speakers, they no longer work.: Whenever I unplug the external speakers from my laptop, and plug them back in, they no longer work. It just doesn't show up as an audio device at all. It only starts working again if I plug in the speakers, turn off the speakers, restart my laptop, then turn the speakers back...
  5. My speakers arnt working but they say they are wrong

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My speakers arnt working but they say they are wrong: i don't believe that my speakers are broken I just feel like something on my laptop isn't letting me hear any audio it is using Realtek audio and microphone and I have no clue what to do since I am not that great with computers I have tried most things like troubleshooting...
  6. The speaker, headset or headphone is unplugged

The speaker, headset or headphone is unplugged: Since upgrading to Windows 10 some time back, I have been unable to use speakers or headphones. Audio devices simply aren't working from either the front or rear jacks. I have tried the troubleshooter which doesn't recognise any devices as being plugged in. All dirvers...
  7. the speakers are unplugged ( solved )

the speakers are unplugged ( solved ): Hello every one ... I have a problem in my desktop computer The speakers/headphone doesn't appeared It always says : the speakers are unplugged But when i boot in another system ( Linux mint ) it works properly without problems ! That's meaning the problem isn't in the...
  8. the speakers are unplugged

the speakers are unplugged: Hello every one ... I have a problem in my desktop computer The speakers/headphone doesn't appeared It always says : the speakers are unplugged But when i boot in another system ( Linux mint ) it works properly without problems ! That's meaning the problem isn't in the...
  9. HP Notebook 15 recognizing tv speakers, but saying they are unplugged

HP Notebook 15 recognizing tv speakers, but saying they are unplugged: I reinstalled windows on this laptop because it was not working correctly, and a new problem arose after installation, the laptop says that the speakers in the HDMI display I use are "unplugged", but they work fine with my Xbox. I know it is not a hardware problem because...
  10. The speaker,headset or headphone is unplugged. Help

The speaker,headset or headphone is unplugged. Help: So last night I was about to shut my computer down when I saw it needed to update. I let it update and it took about 30 minutes to an hour. This morning I woke up hoping to use my computer but when I started it up I noticed that there was a red x icon next to the volume...