Windows 10: speakers off

Discus and support speakers off in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; after updating windows 10 and microsoft i have a cross on my speaker logo informing me that i have no speakers or head phones plugged in they are and i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by William973, Jul 15, 2020.

1. speakers off

after updating windows 10 and microsoft i have a cross on my speaker logo informing me that i have no speakers or head phones plugged in they are and i have no sound i have change the speakers 3 times

:)

William973, Jul 15, 2020

2. How can I make a Base Microphone work without it turning off the speakers?

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft community. Let me help you.

As per the description Microphone should work without turning off the speakers.

I suggest you follow the steps and check if it helps.

• Right click on the speaker icon.

• Select playback devices option.

• Now select the speaker as default.

• Now go to recording devices option and select the microphone as default and click on apply.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Rajeshwari_Patil, Jul 15, 2020
  3. Switching off internal computer speakers

This is a subject that has been raised before but Microsoft seems to refuse to answer. As a result of a previous update to Windows 10, the internal computer speakers work as well as the external sound system. There is no apparent way to switch off the
    internal speakers and just have the external sound system working. A previous contributor suggested that Microsoft had a solution to this bug but wouldn't elaborate. This seemed very childish.

I ask the question again: Could someone give a step by step process for switching off internal computer speakers AND leaving the external speakers working. I have tried every setting but nothing fixes the problem. Surely this isn't rocket science and
    it would be easy for Microsoft to write a bug fix???

Lack of action just infuriates users unnecessarily.

JohnTrevorXX, Jul 15, 2020
  4. Junaid_A Win User

speakers off

Windows 10 recognizes my UE Megaboom as a headset and not a speaker will not work?

Hi Rachael,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I suggest you try the steps listed below and check if it works. This issue could be because of the Headphones BT SPEAKER Stereo being set as default. I suggest you to try the steps listed below and check if it works.

• Pair the speaker with your PC.
    • Right click the Windows icon on the taskbar and choose
      Device Manager.

• Expand Sound, video, and game controllers
      and right click on your Bluetooth speaker (BT SPEAKER Stereo).
    • Choose Disable and acknowledge the confirmation popup. Wait for the screen to refresh.
    • Right click on the same device again and Enable.
    • Exit Device Manager and see if the issue persist.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Jul 15, 2020
Thema:

speakers off

1. speakers off - Similar Threads - speakers off

2. AIRHUG-4 USB webcam with mic and speaker getting on and off again and again on Windows 11...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    AIRHUG-4 USB webcam with mic and speaker getting on and off again and again on Windows 11...: I have change the USB port, cable and also the new device but the same outcome. Delete the driver and reinstall again but no success.It seems like when I use the device on zoom or play music, then some UNKNOWN service is disabling the AIRHUG-4 device by disabling all three...
  3. AIRHUG-4 USB webcam with mic and speaker getting on and off again and again on Windows 11...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    AIRHUG-4 USB webcam with mic and speaker getting on and off again and again on Windows 11...: I have change the USB port, cable and also the new device but the same outcome. Delete the driver and reinstall again but no success.It seems like when I use the device on zoom or play music, then some UNKNOWN service is disabling the AIRHUG-4 device by disabling all three...
  4. 5 seconds no playing audio - my external speaker turns off

5 seconds no playing audio - my external speaker turns off: Hello. When using external acoustics through the 3.5 input, the speakers turn off after 5 seconds without playing sound. This causes noise in the acoustics similar if you just pull out the 3.5 plug. It feels like Windows 11 is doing this to save battery. This makes it...
  5. 5 seconds no playing audio - my external speaker turns off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    5 seconds no playing audio - my external speaker turns off: Hello. When using external acoustics through the 3.5 input, the speakers turn off after 5 seconds without playing sound. This causes noise in the acoustics similar if you just pull out the 3.5 plug. It feels like Windows 11 is doing this to save battery. This makes it...
  6. How to stop Windows 11 from turning off speakers after like 5 seconds of not playing the sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop Windows 11 from turning off speakers after like 5 seconds of not playing the sound: Hello,I use the same Genius SP-Q160 speakers for my two laptops I have one for work and other for personal stuff and on the laptop with Windows 10 it works fine, no issues, but on Windows 11 the speakers, which are powered from outlet and connected through 3.5mm jack, keep...
  7. How to stop Windows 11 from turning off speakers after like 5 seconds of not playing the sound

How to stop Windows 11 from turning off speakers after like 5 seconds of not playing the sound: Hello,I use the same Genius SP-Q160 speakers for my two laptops I have one for work and other for personal stuff and on the laptop with Windows 10 it works fine, no issues, but on Windows 11 the speakers, which are powered from outlet and connected through 3.5mm jack, keep...
  8. Using bluetooth headphones with laptop ... laptop speakers play, too. How to turn them off?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Using bluetooth headphones with laptop ... laptop speakers play, too. How to turn them off?: This is for a friend who told me his speakers continue to play when he uses paired bluetooth headphones on his new Windows 10 computer was Windows 11, but he went back to 10. I do not know the brand or model of the laptop, but he will bring the laptop to me next week to see...
  9. Using bluetooth headphones with laptop ... laptop speakers play, too. How to turn them off?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Using bluetooth headphones with laptop ... laptop speakers play, too. How to turn them off?: This is for a friend who told me his speakers continue to play when he uses paired bluetooth headphones on his new Windows 10 computer was Windows 11, but he went back to 10. I do not know the brand or model of the laptop, but he will bring the laptop to me next week to see...
  10. Using bluetooth headphones with laptop ... laptop speakers play, too. How to turn them off?