Windows 10: Speakers Routing to Headphone Jack

Discus and support Speakers Routing to Headphone Jack in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hey All I'm having an issue where when my headphones are unplugged, my speakers labeled "Speakers RealtekR Audio" don't work at all, even though my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by PerLundquist2, Feb 29, 2020.

1. Speakers Routing to Headphone Jack

Hey All

I'm having an issue where when my headphones are unplugged, my speakers labeled "Speakers RealtekR Audio" don't work at all, even though my computer thinks they are completely functional. Plugging in my headphones without changing the device appears to output audio in the headphones only. Previously when I plugged in headphones, there would be a prompt asking to switch audio devices from speakers to headphones, but now that prompt doesn't come up anymore and the only way to get audio output is through the headphones set to Speakers.

I've tried running the troubleshooter for this while the headphones are unplugged, but the computer thinks the speakers are functional. I also tried deleting drivers then troubleshooting in hopes that they would reinstall and it would work, but I lack the permissions to delete those drivers. My computer also no longer recognizes my headphones as a device

if you have any ideas on how to fix this, I'm all ears

Thanks!

:)

PerLundquist2, Feb 29, 2020
  2. fireberd Win User

No sound from speakers/headphones

Disconnect the front panel headphone/mic jacks from the motherboard and then see if the rear panel GREEN speaker jack works (either with speakers or headset). This is in case the front panel jack is causing no audio out. Power off the PC before opening and disconnecting the front panel audio.

The connector for the front panel audio is listed as #21 on the motherboard drawing (below).

Speakers Routing to Headphone Jack [​IMG]

fireberd, Feb 29, 2020
  3. JOSHSKORN Win User
    Disable speakers and keep headphone jack enabled?

These are the machines in question. The speakers are built-in. http://shop.lenovo.com/us/en/desktop...ries-tiny/m73/

That said, there are no wires to cut.

Upon examining the BIOS, I noticed that you can disable the onboard sound, however I'm fairly certain that this would also permanently disable usage of the headphone jack as well.

Again, I just want to make sure the speakers do not work at all, but that the headphone connector jack is still live and that the volume for that can still be adjusted to the user's liking.

JOSHSKORN, Feb 29, 2020
  4. Speakers Routing to Headphone Jack

Plug broke off in rear speaker jack: front headphone jack disabled now

Your sound driver may have options to enable/disable jacks based on what's plugged in the front/rear. For instance, my Realtek driver has:

Speakers Routing to Headphone Jack [​IMG]

As for removing the broken plug it would depend on how far in it broke and how tight the jack is. I don't have any personal experience but there are a number of suggestions if you Google for "how to remove broken 3.5mm jack."

PolarNettles, Feb 29, 2020
Thema:

Speakers Routing to Headphone Jack

1. Speakers Routing to Headphone Jack - Similar Threads - Speakers Routing Headphone

2. Headphone Jack And Built in Speakers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphone Jack And Built in Speakers: How do I use both headphone Jack and Built in Speakers at the same time?I have checked on sound settings but my Headphone jack does not Show.My volume only comes out of the headphone jack but I would like to use both Built in speakers and headphone jack at the same time with...
  3. Headphone Jack And Built in Speakers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headphone Jack And Built in Speakers: How do I use both headphone Jack and Built in Speakers at the same time?I have checked on sound settings but my Headphone jack does not Show.My volume only comes out of the headphone jack but I would like to use both Built in speakers and headphone jack at the same time with...
  4. Laptop speakers and headphone jack dont work?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop speakers and headphone jack dont work?: My laptop was working fine last night but as I booted it up this morning the speakers dont work and connecting my usual headphones to the jack just renders static with no sounds from the laptop. I tried updating the drivers but nothing happened. I connected earphones and...
  5. No Sound from Internal Speakers, only Headphone Jack

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No Sound from Internal Speakers, only Headphone Jack: I just updated my ROG GU501G laptop to the latest Windows update last night and since then I havent been able to get any sound coming out of my internal speakers. Sounds comes fine through the headphone jack. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers. I tried...
  6. Speakers won't work. Routing to headphone jack only

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Speakers won't work. Routing to headphone jack only: Hey All I'm having an issue where when my headphones are unplugged, my speakers labeled "Speakers RealtekR Audio" don't work at all, even though my computer thinks they are completely functional. Plugging in my headphones without changing the device appears to output audio...
  7. My headphone/speaker jack just stopped working

My headphone/speaker jack just stopped working: My headphone/speaker jack no longer works. Have tried to run Troubleshoot but it just tells me "it cant recognise the problem" or that my earbuds are not plugged in where they are In addition, and I dont know if this pertains to the same type of thing, my audio is very low....
  8. Static noise in external speakers connected to headphone jack.

Static noise in external speakers connected to headphone jack.: I purchased a new computer with Windows 10, version 1803 installed. When I connected my external speakers to the headphone jack, I get a constant static noise in my speakers. I notice that it starts about 5 seconds after I power up the computer during the boot up. It...
  9. toshiba Broken headphone jack speakers wont work

toshiba Broken headphone jack speakers wont work: I got a headphone plug stuck into my jack and i got it out but my internal speakers still will not work. and i dont know what to do 38256
  10. Disable speakers and keep headphone jack enabled?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Disable speakers and keep headphone jack enabled?: Where I work, the IT department made the mistake of purchasing computers with built-in speakers. We do not want the speakers to function at all, only any sound put through the headphone jack. After disabling the speakers, we found that YouTube no longer works, which is a...