Windows 10: Speakers suddenly stop working - only produce audio when "Testing" in audio settings

Discus and support Speakers suddenly stop working - only produce audio when "Testing" in audio settings in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My Logitech speakers randomly completely stopped working (no volume slider chime, no youtube videos, local media, etc) and I cannot get it to play any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Easy_Toast, Dec 6, 2019.

1. Speakers suddenly stop working - only produce audio when "Testing" in audio settings

My Logitech speakers randomly completely stopped working (no volume slider chime, no youtube videos, local media, etc) and I cannot get it to play any audio whatsoever -- with only one exception. When I go into the settings for the speakers in Windows and click "Test" it will do the triple chime in each speaker.

Any idea?.... Tried restarting, reinstalling drivers, troubleshooting, etc.

submitted by /u/Easy_Toast
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Easy_Toast, Dec 6, 2019
  2. Calvin D Win User

Computer's Audio Jacks Stopped Working

The audio jacks stopped working and it is not a hardware problem.

1. Multiple headsets do not get audio output from both of the audio jacks on the computer and the headsets are confirmed to be working, so it's the computer's problem.
    2. The audio output through a DisplayPort monitor's audio jack and monitors' speakers still work, so the computer can still produce audio. The monitor's audio jack is not an option.
    3. Both audio jacks stopped working at the same time despite only one being in use, so it's not hardware.
    What is the problem and what is the solution?

Calvin D, Dec 6, 2019
  3. Computer's Audio Jacks Stopped Working

GAUTAM GOHIL

gautamgohil, Dec 6, 2019
  4. Speakers suddenly stop working - only produce audio when "Testing" in audio settings

Computer's Audio Jacks Stopped Working

Hi Calvin,

Please go to the settings app on your PC and click update and security. Click Troubleshooting, and find the one that says "Playing Audio". It should detect the problem.

NTekNiklaus, Dec 6, 2019
Thema:

Speakers suddenly stop working - only produce audio when "Testing" in audio settings

1. Speakers suddenly stop working - only produce audio when "Testing" in audio settings - Similar Threads - Speakers suddenly stop

2. Audio Volume is only producing 1-2%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio Volume is only producing 1-2%: I have an audiobox with a microphone set up on my computer. In all of my applications, like Zoom, Berrycast and other video streaming or recording software, it seems to work fine. But when I try to use the camera or voice recorder on the PC, it is very quiet. When I go into...
  3. Audio Volume is only producing 1-2%

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio Volume is only producing 1-2%: I have an audiobox with a microphone set up on my computer. In all of my applications, like Zoom, Berrycast and other video streaming or recording software, it seems to work fine. But when I try to use the camera or voice recorder on the PC, it is very quiet. When I go into...
  4. Speakers/Audio Suddenly Stopped Working on Dell with Windows 11

Speakers/Audio Suddenly Stopped Working on Dell with Windows 11: This is in regards to my Dell XPS 17 9720, purchased in November of 2022. The "Premium Support" warranty from Dell ended on December 5, 2023. Amazingly enough, in mid-December just a few days after the warranty ended I started occasionally noticing a random weird...
  5. Speakers/Audio Suddenly Stopped Working on Dell with Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Speakers/Audio Suddenly Stopped Working on Dell with Windows 11: This is in regards to my Dell XPS 17 9720, purchased in November of 2022. The "Premium Support" warranty from Dell ended on December 5, 2023. Amazingly enough, in mid-December just a few days after the warranty ended I started occasionally noticing a random weird...
  6. Bluetooth audio suddenly stops working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth audio suddenly stops working: I've recently been having the issue of;Connecting my bluetooth headphones to the laptop -- goes well, no problem, says "Connected, Audio" next to the headphones in bluetooth settings.Play some videos, games, music, etc.. go about my day -- goes well, no problem, headphones...
  7. Bluetooth audio suddenly stops working

Bluetooth audio suddenly stops working: I've recently been having the issue of;Connecting my bluetooth headphones to the laptop -- goes well, no problem, says "Connected, Audio" next to the headphones in bluetooth settings.Play some videos, games, music, etc.. go about my day -- goes well, no problem, headphones...
  8. Audio suddenly stopped working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio suddenly stopped working: Audio on Media Player & apps is gone. Reinstalled drivers, no change. Did hear a faint, high-pitched beep during auto-scan in troubleshooting. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-suddenly-stopped-working/243747e9-941d-49ff-9566-b2a29a855d5f
  9. Speaker Audio stops working randomly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Speaker Audio stops working randomly: Speaker Audio stops working randomly and I have to reboot it to fix it. I am constantly playing back audio files and streaming audio music from this computer. The computer can operate without any issues for a few days or even a couple of weeks before I have an issue. I...
  10. Audio only plays from speakers when selecting or testing headphones

in Windows 10 Support
    Audio only plays from speakers when selecting or testing headphones: So i don't know if that title made any sense but I ran into a very complex problem that I try my best too explain using the screenshot below. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drives and what not I'm truly at a lose here I don't know what to do [img] 138600