Windows 10: speakers won't work - help!

Discus and support speakers won't work - help! in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I need help. My speakers were giving a lot of static so I was trying different things to fix it. Not sure what I did that created this mess but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by dreamerwhope, Feb 19, 2020.

1. speakers won't work - help!

Hi,

I need help. My speakers were giving a lot of static so I was trying different things to fix it. Not sure what I did that created this mess but now there are no Realtek drivers or anything listed in programs or device manager and my speakers won't work.

The speakers have a usb connection not the usually plugs. I also have a gaming headset - when I plug in the headset it works great. Even when the speakers gave static it worked great.

Now the speakers won't work no matter what I try. When I try to install the Realtek drivers it goes so far and then I get an Installation Failure!! with code -001. When I run the troubleshooter for sound it tells me to there are no speakers plugged in.

It worked great at one time so I know everything is compatible - I just don't know or understand what's happened. All my other drivers are up to date and this is a new pc.

Please tell me what you need from me for further clarification.

Thanks

Beth

UPDATE: just plugged my headset back in and windows found a new audio and installed speakers - although they and a microphone now show under audio input and output. At first no change. Headset worked fine.

I have device manager, and control panel open. I opened sound settings and suddenly the headset went crazy - in sound it's switching between speakers usb audio device [which it's reading as the headset apparently] and digital audio s/pdif 2- high definition audio device ... the only two sound devices listed... as though it can't decide which to use. Closed out settings and headset seems fine again. Definitely need help!!

:)

dreamerwhope, Feb 19, 2020
  2. tops Win User

Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

3. Ivy Mun Win User
    Speakers and headphones work at the same time

Hi.

Let us isolate your concern by answering these few questions.

• Have you tried connecting your headphones directly to your desktop?
    • Does your speaker work normally when connected to your desktop?
    You may try the following steps to help resolve your concern:

• Unplug or Disconnect your speaker from the desktop.
    • Connect your headphone directly to the desktop.
    If the headphone works properly when directly connected to the desktop, we suggest that you contact your speaker manufacturer for assistance.

Let us know how it goes.

Ivy Mun, Feb 19, 2020
  4. speakers won't work - help!

google and you tube stiil won t work

google and you tube stiil won t work

radelovric, Feb 19, 2020
Thema:

speakers won't work - help!

1. speakers won't work - help! - Similar Threads - speakers won't help

2. my speakers won't work, because of a driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my speakers won't work, because of a driver: I have windows 8 and my edifier speaker won't work all of a sudden, the system say's its my driver. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-speakers-wont-work-because-of-a-driver/37dd5453-87ed-4ee3-83fe-92f413e02d64
  3. The driver to make my speaker's work won't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The driver to make my speaker's work won't work: My PC/HP there is problem with the driver for High definition audio device. Reinstalling the driver might fix the problem. Tried and tried almost every thing can some help me to solve this problem please. My speakers are EDIFIER and they worked and I ran my CCcleaner and they...
  4. The driver to make my speaker's work won't work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The driver to make my speaker's work won't work: My PC/HP there is problem with the driver for High definition audio device. Reinstalling the driver might fix the problem. Tried and tried almost every thing can some help me to solve this problem please. My speakers are EDIFIER and they worked and I ran my CCcleaner and they...
  5. My headphone speakers won't work.

in Windows 10 Customization
    My headphone speakers won't work.: I plugged in my headphones and it asked what type of device I plugged in and out of curiosity I selected plug in mic. Now my headphones don't work. I tried unplugging and plugging it back in again which normally makes it ask but it didn't. I can't find my headphones in device...
  6. Help! Speakers in laptop not working and is not detected!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Help! Speakers in laptop not working and is not detected!: I thought this would be easy, but it is not. I accidentally disabled my stereo speakers and can't find it in device manager. Can someone please help me?...
  7. speakers won't work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    speakers won't work: please help my speakers that previously worked now don't ??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/speakers-wont-work/4fa8987a-e4b1-4ec1-9d66-42b3e66b0f10
  8. speakers won't work

speakers won't work: can't get speakers to work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/speakers-wont-work/c47b579a-e2bb-4067-94fb-053c9756cb5b
  9. Surface laptop won't work with Marshall speaker

Surface laptop won't work with Marshall speaker: Hello, I've recently purchased a surface pro laptop 3 and find that although it does connect via Bluetooth to my speaker it says that I can't use it due to my speaker being at 0% battery. My speaker is always plugged in so I don't see why that would matter, I can connect my...
  10. Speakers won't work with external display

Speakers won't work with external display: I actually have two issues (the second being that the built-in microphone isn't working, but that's the least of my worries). I have my laptop connected to an external monitor & I can't get any non-system sounds to play. Dell Laptop w/ only HDMI video connected to Dell VGA...