Windows 10: Spear-fishing message?

Discus and support Spear-fishing message? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I use WINDOWS 10. Upon bootup a message appears in the lower right hand corner of the screen and is transferred to the message field, which opens when... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by VictorSchendeler, Sep 17, 2018.

1. Spear-fishing message?

I use WINDOWS 10.

Upon bootup a message appears in the lower right hand corner of the screen and is transferred to the message field, which opens when the envelope icon in the most-right position of the task bar is clicked.

The message reads as follows:

"Microsoft Account Problem

We need to fix your Microsoft account (most likely your password changed). Select here to fix it in Shared experiences settings."

By the way: I did NOT change my password.

This looks and sounds to me suspiciously like a spear-fishing message.

Could you please confirm that this is, or is not, a legitimate message from Microsoft and that it is safe to open it up.

And while you are at it: Where do a find "Shared experiences".

Thank you in advance for answering my question.

Victor Schendeler.

:)

VictorSchendeler, Sep 17, 2018

2. Groove Music: Radio Playing Brittany Spears

Hi -

I am listening to a radio station based on the artist "Explosions in the Sky". The radio is consistently playing "Oops I did it again" by Brittany Spears, but the now playing lists an artist / song appropriate for my station.

I can skip the current track, but it consistently comes back.

Justin

JustinMannhardt, Sep 17, 2018
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    Unable to use big fish game manager

Hi Jasmine,

Please answer these questions to assist you better.

• What happens when you click on big fish game manager icon?
    • Do you get any error message?
    • Are you able to see big fish game manager in programs and features?
    • Did you make any hardware and software changes in your computer prior to this issue?

Follow the Methods below and check if that helps.

Method 1: Perform a Clean boot and try to update.

Perform a clean boot to check if any third party application is causing the issue, as clean boot helps in eliminating software conflicts.

How to troubleshoot problem by performing clean boot in Windows: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

Note: Refer "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting" to reset the computer to start as normal after troubleshooting.

Method 2:

I would suggest you to perform a System Restore.

System Restore is a feature that allows users to restore their system to a previous state. It offers a way to undo all the changes in the system files, registry keys, installed programs, etc., to a previous state,
    without affecting personal files such as documents, photos or e-mails.

• Windows key + R to open Run window.

• On run command type “rstrui.exe” (without double code) and press
              OK.

• Select the restore point and follow the onscreen instruction.
    System Restore Disclaimer: When you use System Restore to restore the computer to a previous state, programs and updates that you installed are removed.

Do let us know if you are able to use big fish game manager. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Sep 17, 2018
  4. Gani Budi Win User

Spear-fishing message?

What is the mail with fish icon on the lock screen?

actually I'm not sure if the icon is a fish or something else. I'm sure it is a notification because the number is changing and located beside the new email notification. Is there a list of notification icons for wp7 lock screen?

Gani Budi, Sep 17, 2018
Thema:

Spear-fishing message?

1. Spear-fishing message? - Similar Threads - Spear fishing message

2. Big Fish Games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Big Fish Games: Can someone please explain why the Big Fish app is no longer responding when I open it to either continue my game, or activate a new game purchase? I've been all over the map about this, with no result. Filed 2 new tickets with Big Fish over it. The cart checkout keeps...
  3. Big Fish Games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Big Fish Games: Can someone please explain why the Big Fish app is no longer responding when I open it to either continue my game, or activate a new game purchase? I've been all over the map about this, with no result. Filed 2 new tickets with Big Fish over it. The cart checkout keeps...
  4. Fishing Planet dlc

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Fishing Planet dlc: I recently bought a fishing planet dlc for the pc version using Microsoft store. It says I own it but whenever I click on it it shows the price and whatnot. I tried loading up the game and the contents of the purchase arent showing up. How do I fix this?...
  5. big fish games

big fish games: why cant play my games it keep saying eror on it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/big-fish-games/fa28f94c-ba5e-4dd6-897d-7c1ca256f8f9
  6. fishing issue

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    fishing issue: My Microsoft account was hacked a while ago. Since that I have changed a password and removed malware. But I’ve found an unknown device linked to my account recently. I do not have any access to that device but it is tracking me and doing fishing, I consider...
  7. clown fish

clown fish: Hi No matter what i do i cant prevent this from showing up on startup Deleted everywhere any suggestions Thank you Timmy [img] 155608
  8. Big Fish Games.

Big Fish Games.: Hello. Some Big Fish games open at the top left side of the screen at a very reduced size. Some games look good but the cursor is so tiny as to hardly be seen. I have Windows 10. HP Envy. 8th Generation Intel Core i7 processor. NVIDIA GeForce MX150 dedicated graphics....
  9. Big Fish Games.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Big Fish Games.: Hello. Some Big Fish games open at the top left side of the screen at a very reduced size. Some games look good but the cursor is so tiny as to hardly be seen. I have Windows 10. HP Envy. 8th Generation Intel Core i7 processor. NVIDIA GeForce MX150 dedicated graphics....
  10. Big Fish Games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Big Fish Games: Hi, Does anyone know why certain Big Fish games no longer work correctly since 1803 update, particularly those developed by Elephant Games. Thank You 112754