Windows 10: special character ¥

Discus and support special character ¥ in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I usually use three languages, English, Traditional Chinese and Japanese. And I, always, need to type the specail character "¥" using the keyboard... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Snakecave, Sep 14, 2019.

1. Snakecave Win User

special character ¥

I usually use three languages, English, Traditional Chinese and Japanese. And I, always, need to type the specail character "¥" using the keyboard combination of [ALT]165, but this cannot be done using English language keyboard, it will return a "?", only when I switch to Traditional Chinese or Japanese keyboard, it will return a "¥” sign.

:)

Snakecave, Sep 14, 2019

2. Special characters

I say little wrongly it as fault, its more feature. Normal characters are 7-bit and special characters are 8/16-bit long. So more you use special characters, shorter the message can be.

Message Edited by pankola on 02-Mar-2009 12:57 PM

pankola---01, Sep 25, 2019
  3. LittleJay Win User
    ALT Key Codes for Special Characters List

Thanks for this PDF file list of special characters! It will come in very handy, *Thumbs

LittleJay, Sep 25, 2019
  4. special character ¥

E71 croatian special characters

May i know what are teh special characters that your are trying to type on your message editor?

Could you please provide the detailed list or the combination of keys being pressed.?

Thanks in advance

vijayt---01, Sep 25, 2019
Thema:

special character ¥

1. special character ¥ - Similar Threads - special character

2. Latin América keyboard special characters double repeating accents

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Latin América keyboard special characters double repeating accents: I've had the computer working fine for over two years and now, just a couple if days ago, every time I try to use an accented character by typing the accent special character and then the vowel, it types two accents and the letter with no accent. Actually just hitting the...
  3. Latin América keyboard special characters double repeating accents

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Latin América keyboard special characters double repeating accents: I've had the computer working fine for over two years and now, just a couple if days ago, every time I try to use an accented character by typing the accent special character and then the vowel, it types two accents and the letter with no accent. Actually just hitting the...
  4. removing file extentions with special characters

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    removing file extentions with special characters: I have downloaded data but the files have additional extensions with special characters. I need to remove this but rename does not work as it doesn't recognise the special characters.the files names are as follow...
  5. removing file extentions with special characters

in Windows 10 Gaming
    removing file extentions with special characters: I have downloaded data but the files have additional extensions with special characters. I need to remove this but rename does not work as it doesn't recognise the special characters.the files names are as follow...
  6. removing file extentions with special characters

7. special character is not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    special character is not working: i am supporting couple companies and recetly have lot of issue with my users , the sepcial characters is not working and mostly users passwrd are include these characters and they cant log into their softwares and their account get locked , mostly after a reboot it back to...
  8. special character is not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    special character is not working: i am supporting couple companies and recetly have lot of issue with my users , the sepcial characters is not working and mostly users passwrd are include these characters and they cant log into their softwares and their account get locked , mostly after a reboot it back to...
  9. special character is not working

10. Special characters not showing on regular Windows 11 machine.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Special characters not showing on regular Windows 11 machine.: For some reason, certain emojis are not displaying properly. An example is U+2684 the emoji that made me realize something was up. I don't know how to fix this....