Windows 10: Special characters get activated automatically

Discus and support Special characters get activated automatically in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello all, I'm using a laptop powered by Windows 10. In the last few days, I've seen my keyboard switch to special characters (like à') without any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SD_001, Aug 11, 2018.

1. SD_001 Win User

Special characters get activated automatically

Hello all,

I'm using a laptop powered by Windows 10. In the last few days, I've seen my keyboard switch to special characters (like à') without any external input.

Luckily, I've found that using fn + NumLock solves this problem but after a few seconds/minutes this problem occurs again.

I don't know what's causing this problem. Can anyone suggest a method where I can turn this shortcut off completely?

I don't want to replace my keyboard yet. Special characters get activated automatically :(

:)

SD_001, Aug 11, 2018
  2. LittleJay Win User

ALT Key Codes for Special Characters List

Thanks for this PDF file list of special characters! It will come in very handy, *Thumbs

LittleJay, Aug 11, 2018
  3. Special characters

I say little wrongly it as fault, its more feature. Normal characters are 7-bit and special characters are 8/16-bit long. So more you use special characters, shorter the message can be.

Message Edited by pankola on 02-Mar-2009 12:57 PM

pankola---01, Aug 11, 2018
  4. Special characters get activated automatically

E71 croatian special characters

May i know what are teh special characters that your are trying to type on your message editor?

Could you please provide the detailed list or the combination of keys being pressed.?

Thanks in advance

vijayt---01, Aug 11, 2018
Thema:

Special characters get activated automatically

1. Special characters get activated automatically - Similar Threads - Special characters activated

2. special character is not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    special character is not working: i am supporting couple companies and recetly have lot of issue with my users , the sepcial characters is not working and mostly users passwrd are include these characters and they cant log into their softwares and their account get locked , mostly after a reboot it back to...
  3. special character is not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    special character is not working: i am supporting couple companies and recetly have lot of issue with my users , the sepcial characters is not working and mostly users passwrd are include these characters and they cant log into their softwares and their account get locked , mostly after a reboot it back to...
  4. special character is not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. typing special characters

typing special characters: I've searched everywhere for an answer to this - it's actually a 2-part question. - I know that with a numeric keypad you can type the guillemet symbol via alt+124/125, but on a laptop pc with no numeric keypad is there a way to type it without always copying and pasting? I...
  6. typing special characters

in Windows 10 Gaming
    typing special characters: I've searched everywhere for an answer to this - it's actually a 2-part question. - I know that with a numeric keypad you can type the guillemet symbol via alt+124/125, but on a laptop pc with no numeric keypad is there a way to type it without always copying and pasting? I...
  7. Dropping a special character into text

Dropping a special character into text: A few years ago I used to have a facility, when typing a document, to drag a special character, eg a mathematical symbol, from a small font app displayed at the side of my text, and drop it into the body of my document. I have looked everywhere for this little app which,...
  8. special character ¥

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    special character ¥: I usually use three languages, English, Traditional Chinese and Japanese. And I, always, need to type the specail character "¥" using the keyboard combination of [ALT]165, but this cannot be done using English language keyboard, it will return a "?", only when I switch to...
  9. Special characters in Win10

in Windows 10 Support
    Special characters in Win10: Hi, we have a bit of a weird issue with special characters. (kind of hard to explain but I`ll try) We are currently running a Win10 pilot, and the users are saying that the special characters, like é and õ, differs from Windows 7, even though the language input (norwegian) is...
  10. Searching for special characters

in Windows 10 Support
    Searching for special characters: Hi all! I just purchased a new Dell with Windows 10. I had a Dell with Windows XP SP3 for ages, and when I made the mistake of updating one of my drivers... Well, it was getting to be time to update... I've a few more grey hairs now. Anyway, in my old machine, when I...