Windows 10: Special characters not working with keyboard that do not have Num Lock

Discus and support Special characters not working with keyboard that do not have Num Lock in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I recently got a new laptop and the keyboard doesn't have the NUM LOCK. According to Microsoft, I need to have the NUM LOCK on if I want to use the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Gary Bitsicas, Mar 4, 2019.

1. Special characters not working with keyboard that do not have Num Lock

I recently got a new laptop and the keyboard doesn't have the NUM LOCK. According to Microsoft, I need to have the NUM LOCK on if I want to use the shortcuts for special characters. For example, I can make the registered trademark by pressing (ALT+0174) ® but if I try on my laptop, that doesn't have NUM LOCK, nothing will happen.

:)

Gary Bitsicas, Mar 4, 2019

2. Num Lock won't work for 10-key

Hello Alana,

We understand your concern in this regard.

• You mean to say, Num Lock key won't work or Numeric keypad won't work?
    • Did you try connecting external keyboard?
    • Is that onscreen keyboard shows the same behavior?
    • When you press Num Lock key, will the Num Lock light key glows on the keyboard?
    Let us know these things to analyze the issue and guide you accordingly.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Mar 4, 2019
  3. Zkuggi Win User
    Special keyboard characters.

I cannot find the special characters "ð" and "þ" in the Keyboard.

These are special Icelandic characters, Do they exist at all?

If not does anyone know if they will come with the Mango update?

Zkuggi, Mar 4, 2019
  4. Special characters not working with keyboard that do not have Num Lock

keyboard num lock stopped working in Windows 10

Windows 10. During the week of August 16th keyboard num lock stopped working. I have 3 computers and all three have the same problem. When I activate num lock key my screen turns black for 1-3 seconds and returns to prior screen before activating num
    lock. When num lock is activated only the /, * , - , + and Enter keys work. I have changed out my wireless keyboard for a USB keyboards and no difference of being able to use the numeric keys. I have removed any programs added during the month of August ,
    no change of num lock.

Has anyone have the same problem or know how to getting the numeric keys to activate.

LWell

Changing the title

Old title – NUM LOCK

New title –
    keyboard num lock stopped working in Windows 10

LeeWellman, Mar 4, 2019
Thema:

Special characters not working with keyboard that do not have Num Lock

1. Special characters not working with keyboard that do not have Num Lock - Similar Threads - Special characters working

2. special character is not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    special character is not working: i am supporting couple companies and recetly have lot of issue with my users , the sepcial characters is not working and mostly users passwrd are include these characters and they cant log into their softwares and their account get locked , mostly after a reboot it back to...
  3. special character is not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    special character is not working: i am supporting couple companies and recetly have lot of issue with my users , the sepcial characters is not working and mostly users passwrd are include these characters and they cant log into their softwares and their account get locked , mostly after a reboot it back to...
  4. special character is not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Alt + Num for special characters stop working in Notepad Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Alt + Num for special characters stop working in Notepad Windows 11: My new Windows 11 laptop was delivered last week, and I encountered a strange problem today. I was trying to type a German u-umlaut ü in Notepad, and nothing happened. After trying a few of the obvious things like shrinking and enlarging the window without success, I exited...
  6. Alt + Num for special characters stop working in Notepad Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Alt + Num for special characters stop working in Notepad Windows 11: My new Windows 11 laptop was delivered last week, and I encountered a strange problem today. I was trying to type a German u-umlaut ü in Notepad, and nothing happened. After trying a few of the obvious things like shrinking and enlarging the window without success, I exited...
  7. Keboard Special Characters not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Keboard Special Characters not working: I have a Dell Inspiron 5567 windows 10. In that the special characters in the numbersnext row after function keys not working while I use Shift + that key sometimes. The Numbers working fine, But the characters Not....
  8. Num Lock on Keyboard

Num Lock on Keyboard: I am using a wireless Logitech K800 keyboard. Every time the computer in started or rebooted, the num lock is disingaged. According to Logitech, this is controlled and caused by Windows. Is there any way to fix this? Thanks....
  9. Num lock keyboard not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Num lock keyboard not working: Hey So when i try to type any number on keyboard from the numlock side nothing appears and the numlock key is activated https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/num-lock-keyboard-not-working/725703de-aaa0-4d62-9618-4803ac0a48d1
  10. Cannot use special characters on the keyboard

Cannot use special characters on the keyboard: I installed two languages, French and Spanish. However I cannot use a trema above letters or use the wave in Spanish https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-use-special-characters-on-the-keyboard/95f34eff-3237-4032-aaa5-1f20dd5bd360

Users found this page by searching for:

1. special character keyboard no num lock