Windows 10: Special key remap request/help

Discus and support Special key remap request/help in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I tried looking everywhere but can’t find what I’m after. And I’m hoping the reddit community can help find or make one. So I want to remap the arrow... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/RompedRanga, Feb 26, 2021.

1. Special key remap request/help

I tried looking everywhere but can’t find what I’m after. And I’m hoping the reddit community can help find or make one.

So I want to remap the arrow keys to my WASD keys but only for either a specific website, application, or browser tab but everything I’ve found somewhat related only rebinds shortcuts not keyboard functions and I’ve used Microsoft PowerToys to switch them around but it’s really confusing when typing on another tab or window.

submitted by /u/RompedRanga
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/RompedRanga, Feb 26, 2021
  2. Andre Da Costa, Feb 26, 2021
  3. ParaishM Win User
    Remapping the detach key

Many thanks for your reply - I have already used this app, but it appears to not support remapping the
    SURFACE DETACH key, which is specific to the Microsoft Surface Book. It would be helpful if someone knows the the registry scancode is for the detach key, or if someone can provide specific instructions into remapping the surface
    detach
    key.

Thanks again,

Paraish

ParaishM, Feb 26, 2021
  4. Special key remap request/help

External keyboard keys remapped

Hi, some keys on my external keyboard that I use with my laptop have been remapped.

They have been remapped like this:

2 remapped to Insert

3 remapped to Home

4 remapped to 'W'

5 remapped to Delete

I tried the laptop's inbuilt keyboard and there are no issues whatsoever. I don't know if it is a software or hardware issue.

AbelBenoie, Feb 26, 2021
Thema:

Special key remap request/help

1. Special key remap request/help - Similar Threads - Special key remap

2. Remap a key to be "functionless"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Remap a key to be "functionless": I'd like to remap my function keys (F1-F12, not fn) to be "functionless". What I mean by that is, I'd like them to be buttons that other apps will pick up, but that don't perform any action in Windows by default. Ideally I could then map them to anything I'd like in...
  3. Special Keys

in Windows 10 Customization
    Special Keys: I installed windows on my ThinkPad using my own product key but the special keys apart from the volume and brightness ones do not work, although the functions do which means they are not broken. Please help....
  4. Remapping keyboard keys

Remapping keyboard keys: Hi! I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this or not (please let me know if there's a better sub), but I 'm trying to remap one of the keys on my keyboard since it doesn't seem to be working properly. Basically, I found a keyboard that someone had tossed out and I...
  5. How to remap keys?

How to remap keys?: My dad got a computer and never used it so he gave it to me. He switched caps lock to control and I want it back the way it was. I asked him for help and he never did so I was wondering if one of you guys can help me. submitted by /u/BradenMer [link] [comments]...
  6. Function keys remap?

Function keys remap?: For example, my F1 button brings up a window with how to get PC help, is it possible to remove that? submitted by /u/Bill_Cipher42 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g1ssm6/function_keys_remap/
  7. Accidentally remapped keys

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Accidentally remapped keys: A few hours ago, I somehow managed to accidentally remap a few of my keys. For example, my escape key has been remapped to "1". I have no idea how I managed to do this, it occurred when I was randomly typing on my keyboard....
  8. Special Keys

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Special Keys: How do I attach a letter series to a key or combination of keys so that when the key is hit the letter series will be inserted? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/special-keys/e68c8d82-175f-4533-aa56-e6adabd25606
  9. Remapping keyboard keys

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remapping keyboard keys: I am using a virtual desktop software (Team viewer) to control my pc from my mac. i would like to know whether it is possible to remap keyboard keys on the windows side, specifically the apple CMD key to the windows control key. thanks....
  10. Remapping & Disabling keys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remapping & Disabling keys: Hi! I am new to Windows (been a Mac for ever). I am afraid of messing up my system. I really need to disable the Home button. It is next to my backspace button and I keep hitting it. needless to say, AARRGGHH.*Confused I see that there are apps that claim to remap the keys....