Windows 10: Special keys and function keys

Discus and support Special keys and function keys in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Recently I started having a problem with the special keys and function keys. When I want to enlarge or decrease the volume F6 ,F7, F8 nothing happens... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MariaP4, Mar 15, 2020.

1. MariaP4 Win User

Special keys and function keys

Recently I started having a problem with the special keys and function keys. When I want to enlarge or decrease the volume F6 ,F7, F8 nothing happens or select the pages link, or when I press F5 it's resets the whole page that I was. I tried to look for something at the settings but I didn't find anything.

How can I make it work again?

:)

MariaP4, Mar 15, 2020
  2. Renee26 Win User

Special Function Keys not working

I have a Toshiba Satellite S55t-A5277 laptop. I've been having several issues with programs and drivers lately that led to my computer re-installing Windows 10 twice in the last month (not sure if that was even resolved honestly). The top row of function
    keys now aren't working, despite my best efforts to fix it. (Brightness keys, Volume up and down keys, etc.)

The special function keys are now only working as regular F1-F12 keys, despite checking my BIOS and resetting it to "Special Function Keys" several times. I've also tried choosing regular F1-F12 keys thinking that just might be the problem but that hasn't worked
    either. I can't access my special function keys without pressing and holding the "FN" key despite not having needed to do that before. Are there any ways to fix this?

Renee26, Mar 15, 2020
  3. The function keys

Disabled, you have to press the Fn and the F key for the special function you want, like volume up down.

Enabled, you only have to press the F key to get the special function. But to get the original F8 key function etc, you have to press the Fn and the F key.

alphanumeric, Mar 15, 2020
  4. Special keys and function keys

Special function keys

Hi,

Pressing Fn key will allow you to use Function. What is not working and what kind of changes did you made in BIOS?

Keep us posted

Best regards,

Roberto Ven, Mar 15, 2020
Thema:

Special keys and function keys

1. Special keys and function keys - Similar Threads - Special keys function

2. Function Keys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Function Keys: I'm having problems with keyboard function keys not working. I get round this by uninstalling keyboard in device manager and restarting computer. This works but it doesn't take long before the function keys stop working again and I have to repeat the process mentioned before....
  3. Function Keys

Function Keys: Hi, how do I make a certain Fn key disabled and reprogram it for another use? thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/function-keys/7966f3a3-0163-4e51-83b7-203ac4f42301
  4. Function Keys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Function Keys: Hi, how do I make a certain Fn key disabled and reprogram it for another use? thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/function-keys/7966f3a3-0163-4e51-83b7-203ac4f42301
  5. Special Function Key not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Special Function Key not working: I have an Lenovo Ideapad S145 And lenovo has their own set of special functions Volume up/down, Mic On/Off, Touchpad Enabled/Disabled etc.For some reason the Camera Privacy Mode on/off function key doesnt work When I click it shows the screen overlay as camera off but it...
  6. Special Function Key not working

Special Function Key not working: I have an Lenovo Ideapad S145 And lenovo has their own set of special functions Volume up/down, Mic On/Off, Touchpad Enabled/Disabled etc.For some reason the Camera Privacy Mode on/off function key doesnt work When I click it shows the screen overlay as camera off but it...
  7. Special Function Key not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Special Keys

in Windows 10 Customization
    Special Keys: I installed windows on my ThinkPad using my own product key but the special keys apart from the volume and brightness ones do not work, although the functions do which means they are not broken. Please help....
  9. Special Keys

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Special Keys: How do I attach a letter series to a key or combination of keys so that when the key is hit the letter series will be inserted? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/special-keys/e68c8d82-175f-4533-aa56-e6adabd25606
  10. The function keys

in Windows 10 Support
    The function keys: I have an HP 15ayoo9dx lap top. The Function keys (or action keys as they call them) can be enabled or disabled by going in the BIOS. I’m trying to decide if I want to disable or enable. What is the difference? Thank you. 71327