Windows 10: Special Keys

Discus and support Special Keys in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; How do I attach a letter series to a key or combination of keys so that when the key is hit the letter series will be inserted?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by David Szlag, Feb 8, 2019.

1. Special Keys

How do I attach a letter series to a key or combination of keys so that when the key is hit the letter series will be inserted?

:)

David Szlag, Feb 8, 2019

2. Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Feb 8, 2019
  3. LittleJay Win User
    ALT Key Codes for Special Characters List

Thanks for this PDF file list of special characters! It will come in very handy, *Thumbs

LittleJay, Feb 8, 2019
  4. Steve C Win User

Special Keys

Need Serious Help: How To Record Video of What is Done on my PC?

I suggest the following simple steps:

1. Set the autosave options in MS Office to a low value say 5 minutes.
    2. Setup file history to autosave frequently - the shortest period is 5 mins
    3. Install Macrium Reflect Free and configure it to do a daily incremental system backup

You should be well covered if you do the above to protect your key files.

Steve C, Feb 8, 2019
Thema:

Special Keys

1. Special Keys - Similar Threads - Special Keys

2. showing two different special icons using FN keys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    showing two different special icons using FN keys: I been using acer aspire 5 i5 12th gen laptop and whenever i used fn+f5 or any other function key i shows me two different icons everytime. Its quite annoying coz sometime its overlaping each other and make it confusing that is it on or off....
  3. showing two different special icons using FN keys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    showing two different special icons using FN keys: I been using acer aspire 5 i5 12th gen laptop and whenever i used fn+f5 or any other function key i shows me two different icons everytime. Its quite annoying coz sometime its overlaping each other and make it confusing that is it on or off....
  4. How to stop special character option bar from popping up when pressing character key and space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop special character option bar from popping up when pressing character key and space: Whenever I press and hold a key then press space I get a pop up at the top of the screen for special characters. Hitting space while holding the character causes it to cycle through them.This makes it impossible to play games on my PC. If I press and hold 'W' to move forward...
  5. How to stop special character option bar from popping up when pressing character key and space

How to stop special character option bar from popping up when pressing character key and space: Whenever I press and hold a key then press space I get a pop up at the top of the screen for special characters. Hitting space while holding the character causes it to cycle through them.This makes it impossible to play games on my PC. If I press and hold 'W' to move forward...
  6. microsoft natural ergonomic keyboard 4000 v1.0 special keys stopped working suddenly

microsoft natural ergonomic keyboard 4000 v1.0 special keys stopped working suddenly: Hi guys, I still use Win10 Edu 20H2 and I still use a microsoft natural ergonomic keyboard 4000 v1.0 which has always been perfect and I love it so much and I can't find a great "replacement" for this keyboard. Since a cople of weeks its special keys F button, favorites,...
  7. microsoft natural ergonomic keyboard 4000 v1.0 special keys stopped working suddenly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    microsoft natural ergonomic keyboard 4000 v1.0 special keys stopped working suddenly: Hi guys, I still use Win10 Edu 20H2 and I still use a microsoft natural ergonomic keyboard 4000 v1.0 which has always been perfect and I love it so much and I can't find a great "replacement" for this keyboard. Since a cople of weeks its special keys F button, favorites,...
  8. microsoft natural ergonomic keyboard 4000 v1.0 special keys stopped working suddenly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Only special keys work under Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Only special keys work under Windows 11: Hi,I've been having this very annoying issue for some time now, after working for some time all of the sudden normal keys on my keyboard stop working, I can use enter, windows, function keys, but can't type anything. When this occurs on my Bluetooth keyboard, my built-in...
  10. Only special keys work under Windows 11

Only special keys work under Windows 11: Hi,I've been having this very annoying issue for some time now, after working for some time all of the sudden normal keys on my keyboard stop working, I can use enter, windows, function keys, but can't type anything. When this occurs on my Bluetooth keyboard, my built-in...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. special keys