Windows 10: Special Keys

Discus and support Special Keys in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I installed windows on my ThinkPad using my own product key but the special keys apart from the volume and brightness ones do not work, although the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by PlsSendHelp, Oct 27, 2020.

1. Special Keys

I installed windows on my ThinkPad using my own product key but the special keys apart from the volume and brightness ones do not work, although the functions do which means they are not broken. Please help.

:)

PlsSendHelp, Oct 27, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Xbox Ambassadors profile Specializations coming soon

Source: Specializations are coming soon | Xbox Ambassadors Community Blog
    Tweet

— Twitter API (@user) View on Twiiter

Brink, Oct 27, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    Xbox Ambassadors profile Specializations coming soon Xbox

Source: Specializations are coming soon | Xbox Ambassadors Community Blog

Brink, Oct 27, 2020
  4. LittleJay Win User

Special Keys

ALT Key Codes for Special Characters List

Thanks for this PDF file list of special characters! It will come in very handy, *Thumbs

LittleJay, Oct 27, 2020
Thema:

Special Keys

1. Special Keys - Similar Threads - Special Keys

2. How to Setup a Keyboard Key for a Different Special Character

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to Setup a Keyboard Key for a Different Special Character: Hello, I have tried to find the answer without much luck. Or perhaps I'm not understanding the information I am finding. I'd really like to set up a key on my keyboard to be able to enter the symbol for pi. I end up copying and pasting it A LOT because of my online...
  3. creating a keyboard shortcut...when I hit a special key, it print in my document a a...

in Windows 10 Customization
    creating a keyboard shortcut...when I hit a special key, it print in my document a a...: I want to create a shortcuit that when I hit the key it puts a phrase on my document How do I do this ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/creating-a-keyboard-shortcutwhen-i-hit-a-special/6c9bbb8e-9499-479d-86ed-c724a24eb5bf
  4. Custom keyboard layout - add special keys using dead and live keys

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Custom keyboard layout - add special keys using dead and live keys: I'm using MSKLC to make a custom keyboard for an internal purpose. what i was missing is when pressing certain key two times consecutively without space get a new unicode character. in the context we use it is harmless to have specific string lets say 2 characters of...
  5. Windows Speech Reckognition Macros special keys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Speech Reckognition Macros special keys: Hi, I am starting to use that app and trying to make it trigger the 'F5' special key. Tried {{f5}}, that did not work. Any tips? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-speech-reckognition-macros-special-keys/a2c1b421-294b-45e9-840f-dbfc7a502523
  6. Special keys and function keys

Special keys and function keys: Recently I started having a problem with the special keys and function keys. When I want to enlarge or decrease the volume F6 ,F7, F8 nothing happens or select the pages link, or when I press F5 it's resets the whole page that I was. I tried to look for something at the...
  7. Key sequences autocorrecting to special characters

Key sequences autocorrecting to special characters: I have already turned off all autocorrect options in the settings As far as I know of. However, certain keyboard shortcuts or character sequences insert special characters. e.g. Ctrl+Shift+M should insert a comment in Google Slides, instead it a types greek letter Mu it won't...
  8. Pressing 4 special keys (Control+Shift+Alt+WinKey) launches an Office web page after May...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Pressing 4 special keys (Control+Shift+Alt+WinKey) launches an Office web page after May...: After installing Windows 10 May 2019 upgrade (version 1903, current build is 18632.175) I've started having a very strange issue: whenever I press a four key combo (Control+Shift+Alt+WinKey), the system opens an Office webpage in the default browser (and to make...
  9. When I pressed Windows Key + ., the emoji panel appeared, but there are no special...

When I pressed Windows Key + ., the emoji panel appeared, but there are no special...: I remember being able to find special characters, such as Ω and σ, in the emoji panel. Now I don't know whether it's due to an update, but I can't find them there. Since I use the Chinese keyboard also, I have no problem finding these when I press Ctrl + Shift + E....
  10. Windows make a beep when I press the Caps and some other special keys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows make a beep when I press the Caps and some other special keys: I have been looking for an answer to my question and I wonder if this will help anyone, it did not for me, I am glad did not go updating drivers or anything. This is the link for the video I found. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yS6JyBgvTs It is simply go to Start >...