Windows 10: Special update, to combat fraud, ransonware, etc.?

Discus and support Special update, to combat fraud, ransonware, etc.? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Has there been a special update put out, lately, to combat fraud, ransomware, etc.?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by MariaLees4, Sep 25, 2019.

1. Special update, to combat fraud, ransonware, etc.?

Has there been a special update put out, lately, to combat fraud, ransomware, etc.?

:)

MariaLees4, Sep 25, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Minecraft 1.9 Combat Update for PC

Source: Minecraft 1.9 - Combat Update

Brink, Sep 25, 2019
  3. Modern combat 5 won't load and closes after seconds of showing the Game Loft trade mark.

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

• Is this issue specific only to this game?

I Suggest you to uninstall and re-install the modern combat 5: Black out game and check if the issue persists.

If still you face the same issue, then I suggest you to contact the Modern Combat 5: Blackout support for further assistance with the issue.

Get Modern Combat 5: eSports FPS - Microsoft Store

Hope the above information helps. Reply with necessary information and the result to help you further.

Rajeshwari_Patil, Sep 25, 2019
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Special update, to combat fraud, ransonware, etc.?

Halo combat evolved for PC wont install correctly.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues in installing Halo Combat Evolved 2003 version. We will need few more information to help you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps. Please reply with the following details:

• Do you read any error message when you try to launch it?
    • Which build version of Windows 10 is installed on the computer? To check type:
      winver in the search bar on the Taskbar and hit
      Enter.

While researching I found that Halo Combat Evolved 2003, is an old game and only compatible till Windows XP, this could be the reason that you are facing issues. I suggest you to try installing the game in compatibility mode and see if that helps.
    Please refer the steps in the article
    Make older programs compatible with this version of Windows

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Sep 25, 2019
Thema:

Special update, to combat fraud, ransonware, etc.?

1. Special update, to combat fraud, ransonware, etc.? - Similar Threads - Special update combat

2. Fraud

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fraud: HiI need to talk to an agent but the robot can't let me connect with them https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fraud/589fef9c-13bf-4476-a269-b18a6f37be27
  3. Fraud

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fraud: A Microsoft engineer accessed my computer on Friday.Not only did he destroy settings, personal and professional information but I also note a missing e mail folder containing tax information.Please contact me since your telephone operators do not feel this is a serious...
  4. FRAUD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    FRAUD: I CONSTANTLY RECEIVE ALERTS FROM GOOGLE, MAFEE, AND NOW FROM MICROSOFT THAT MY COMPUTER IS AT RISK. i HAVE MAFEE ANTIVIRUS, THEY GAVE MY ONE PHONE TO CALL 18332519056 IS THAT A MICROSOFT PHONE?...
  5. Blue screen from ransonware??

Blue screen from ransonware??: I got a blue screen and Stop Code Critical Process Died. I can get to the Restore/ Repair tools in Advance options but but none of the six options solved the problem. I can get to 'This PC' and even I can see all my apps, folders and drives but nothing I try gets me out of...
  6. Ransonware protection options

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Ransonware protection options: Hallo everyone, I need to get to the options, but it always says, that administrator has limited the access. Displays also in the Administrator account. Thanks for your answer....
  7. Problems with malware and ransonware

Problems with malware and ransonware: I have a lenovo laptop with Win10, recently I had two problems: 1. Slow performance (it is a gaming laptop) 2. The entire content of a folder was deleted, not by me, I lost all my pictures!!! 3. I ran in the CMD the Attrib /d /s -r -h -s *.*, the diagnosis results shows...
  8. fraud

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    fraud: My computer was blocked and I did give personal information. I was placed in a cue but gave up after 10 minutes of waiting. Microsoft logo was used. After I gave up the block was removed. What do I need to do. David J Archibald...
  9. Fraud

Fraud: My laptop, a HP Stream, locked up last night and I was given a number to call, 844-946-3854, and after 3 hours on the phone the problem was resolved. I asked them if they were associated with Microsoft and they said they were an independent company which worked with them....
  10. Nvidia Updates to combat Attacks??

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Nvidia Updates to combat Attacks??: Anybody know the details?? Nvidia Updated Graphics Drivers to Defend Spectre CPU Attacks The Meltdown and Spectre flaws, also known as CPU Speculative Side Channel Vulnerabilities technically, give potential attackers access to users' sensitive data stored in the...