Windows 10: specific app access to camera and microphone

Discus and support specific app access to camera and microphone in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, I am trying to allow access to my camera and microphone to my school's testing website. I have already clicked "On" under allow apps access.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by LarrieshaHouston, Apr 17, 2020.

1. specific app access to camera and microphone

Hello, I am trying to allow access to my camera and microphone to my school's testing website. I have already clicked "On" under allow apps access. However, I do not see this particular app listed. How do I know if tis app has access?

:)

LarrieshaHouston, Apr 17, 2020
  2. Rose Ter Win User

Camera and Microphone Privacy

Hi Moustafa,

This issue occurs due to permission issue, driver issue, license for an app is out of sync with the license installed on the computer or if the app is not updated. To give permission to Camera and Microphone app, you may follow
    these steps:

• Go to Settings.
    • Select Privacy.
    • Look for Camera, make sure that “Let apps use my camera” is turned On. You may choose the apps that can use your camera as well.
    • Go back to Privacy and select Microphone, make sure that “Let apps use my microphone” is turned On. You may choose the apps that can use your microphone as well.

If the issue persists, we would suggest that you check out this
    link
    . This will provide you troubleshooting steps regarding Camera and Microphone issues.

Feel free to contact us if you have further inquiries.

Rose Ter, Apr 17, 2020
  3. Disabling a specific program from accessing my microphone

1. Open the settings app
    2. Go to Privacy - Microphone.
    3. On the right, disable the toggle switch under Allows apps to access your microphone. When access is allowed for the operating system as described above, all apps get access permissions by default.
      4. In the list below, you can control microphone access for certain apps individually. Every listed app has its own toggle option which you can enable or disable.

Sanghati Barman, Apr 17, 2020
  4. specific app access to camera and microphone

camera not working

If you have the camera connected to the computer, I would suggest that you disconnect the camera and then try to open the Camera app.

If the camera app opens, follow the steps below:

• Press “Windows key + C” from your keyboard to open “Charms bar”.
    • Select “Settings” option.
    • Select “Permissions” option.
    • Turn on “Allow this app to access your: Webcam and Microphone” option.
    • Lose the app by pressing “Alt key + F4” from your keyboard.
    • Reopen the Camera app.
    • Connect your camera and then check how this app works.
    Goodluck!

Gina_on_the_thread, Apr 17, 2020
Thema:

specific app access to camera and microphone

1. specific app access to camera and microphone - Similar Threads - specific app access

2. camera and microphone access to messenger

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    camera and microphone access to messenger: how do i allow for camera and microphone access to messenger in order to make video calls from my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-and-microphone-access-to-messenger/380e6996-7670-4ced-a623-b6ccb9996927
  3. camera and microphone access to messenger

in Windows 10 Customization
    camera and microphone access to messenger: how do i allow for camera and microphone access to messenger in order to make video calls from my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-and-microphone-access-to-messenger/380e6996-7670-4ced-a623-b6ccb9996927
  4. camera and microphone access to messenger

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. No sound from microphone in specific apps

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No sound from microphone in specific apps: Hello, i have problems with using my microphone in specific programs. I see the mic as active and working in windows settings and i can use it within discord. However I cant use it with webex or chrome with correct mic settings. I checked microphone privacy settings, I have...
  6. Programs and apps can't access microphone or camera

Programs and apps can't access microphone or camera: I am using a Legion 5 15IMH05H laptop.As in the title, programs and apps such as the built-in Windows 10 Camera, built-in Windows 10 Voice Recorder, Discord, and Google Chrome won't give any output or receive any input?. These programs show that they are using the camera...
  7. camera and microphone access

camera and microphone access: hi, i am having trouble in making video calls in facebook messenger using chrome and the app itself in my laptop windows 10 i have already checked my settings and everything related to chrome and messenger app. i have seen that the cam and mic settings were on already. in...
  8. Is there a way to only allow specific desktop apps to access your camera or microphone?

Is there a way to only allow specific desktop apps to access your camera or microphone?: I found how to disable webcam and mic but I have to disable it for all apps if I want to turn it off Is there a way to only allow specific apps access? I just want one app to be able to access my webcam and mic but not the others...
  9. camera/microphone access for teleconferencing

camera/microphone access for teleconferencing: How can I do teleconferencing? I can see & hear the others on their chosen website but they cant hear or see me. The free apps I looked into seem to deal with a camera that takes pictures, which doesn't interest me. Can you help??...
  10. microphone access by app

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    microphone access by app: Can't figure out if Amazon is hacking my laptop microphone? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microphone-access-by-app/b0a09cef-3fde-43be-9325-31106b63cd41"