Windows 10: Specific desktop files disappeared?

Discus and support Specific desktop files disappeared? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I recently tried to access some files that I have stored in a folder on my desktop. While the folder is still there, all of the files in it mostly Word... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by nopefdfsf sdfgsd, Aug 16, 2022.

1. Specific desktop files disappeared?

I recently tried to access some files that I have stored in a folder on my desktop. While the folder is still there, all of the files in it mostly Word documents have disappeared.While diagnosing the problem, I noticed that my desktop's file path does not show up as C:\Users\myname\Desktop, but rather it shows as C:\Users\myname\OneDrive\Desktop. I have never used OneDrive before, but while checking the OneDrive website to see if maybe my files were stored there, it did have some of my desktop files, but not the ones I was looking for. I suspect this is because of OneDrive's default 5GB file

:)

nopefdfsf sdfgsd, Aug 16, 2022
  2. Neox99 Win User

Files disappearing from desktop

Saving files to my desktop causes them to disappear.

My desktop is clear save for the Recycle Bin - and NO the file is not hiding behind it.

File Viewer shows a file ON the desktop but it's nowhere to be found - viewport is completely blank.

Any suggestions?

Neox99, Aug 16, 2022
  3. Desktop Files Disappearing on Windows 10

I am not able to do this because the folder disappeared with the files. The folder was on the desktop and those steps cannot be done on the desktop folder

Jamie Morrow, Aug 16, 2022
  4. MohanC Win User

Specific desktop files disappeared?

windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Aug 16, 2022
Thema:

Specific desktop files disappeared?

1. Specific desktop files disappeared? - Similar Threads - Specific desktop files

2. Desktop files and folders disappeared?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop files and folders disappeared?: today i opened my laptop that has windows 11 and all files from desktop were disappeared, and also a update happened just before that and ive tried every guide to recover but i couldnt, does anyone know how can i get my files back?...
  3. Desktop files and folders disappeared?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop files and folders disappeared?: today i opened my laptop that has windows 11 and all files from desktop were disappeared, and also a update happened just before that and ive tried every guide to recover but i couldnt, does anyone know how can i get my files back?...
  4. Specific desktop files disappeared?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Specific desktop files disappeared?: I recently tried to access some files that I have stored in a folder on my desktop. While the folder is still there, all of the files in it mostly Word documents have disappeared.While diagnosing the problem, I noticed that my desktop's file path does not show up as...
  5. Specific desktop files disappeared?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Specific desktop files disappeared?: I recently tried to access some files that I have stored in a folder on my desktop. While the folder is still there, all of the files in it mostly Word documents have disappeared.While diagnosing the problem, I noticed that my desktop's file path does not show up as...
  6. desktop files disappeared

in Windows 10 Customization
    desktop files disappeared: just reinstalled a fresh windows 10 onto my computer. it was fine for a little while, but now my desktop files are gone. i did a lot of things that i searched up regedit modification, tablet mode check, show desktop icons. but nothing seems to be working....
  7. File disappearing from desktop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File disappearing from desktop: While trying to fix save files from a game I cut and pasted 3 sub folders from 2 different folders to my desktop, so 6 folders total. The first 3 moved just fine, but on the second group of three it gave me the warning that 4 files were identical and asked what to do with...
  8. Disappearing files from desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disappearing files from desktop: Hello all, any help gratefully received. Trying to sort a problem out for a relative who was browsing yesterday and noticed her desktop, which is normally decorated with lots of files and folders, suddenly showing almost nothing. There was nothing new in the recycle bin...
  9. Desktop files disappeared

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop files disappeared: I was working today and 3/4 if my desktop folders just disappeared. I have searched by name and they are just gone. I ran the hard drive check and it appears okay and they are not in the recycle bin. Please help!...
  10. Desktop Files Disappear

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop Files Disappear: Over the past week, my desktop has been acting up. My files keep being deleted from my desktop. I used Everything Search to see if the files are just being moved, and they're not. They're completely wiped out. I ran a Windows Defender and it didn't come up with anything. I...