Windows 10: Specific File Sharing

Discus and support Specific File Sharing in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a pretty basic open network. I would like to share only PDF files from only my second hard drive, but only to one person and I would prefer they... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Anthony Quinn, Nov 25, 2019.

1. Specific File Sharing

I have a pretty basic open network. I would like to share only PDF files from only my second hard drive, but only to one person and I would prefer they used some form of credentials to log into the drive. They would only have read access. How would I go about accomplishing this?

Thanks!

:)

Anthony Quinn, Nov 25, 2019

2. Cannot access shared network drive

I could scream! so much time wasted on this stupid error, as if time is not precious enough!
    It probably would work fine if I could see the other computer! But I cannot see the other computer!

sharonspost, Nov 25, 2019
  3. File Sharing

Hi Dwayne,

The ability to share files within your homegroup can be set based on your preference in the HomeGroup settings. For us to identify if the file sharing issue is caused by the update or an option not being retained in the HomeGroup setting, we'd like to ask
    for additional details. Please answer the following:

• Aside from installing an update, have you also made any recent changes to the HomeGroup settings?
    • What specific update have you installed before the file sharing stopped working? To check the Update history, follow these steps:
    • On the Search bar, type Settings.
    • Open the Settings app from the search result.
    • Click Update & security and check the Windows Update section.
    • Click the Update history link.
    • Have you already checked if the file and printer sharing is enabled in the
      Advanced sharing settings
      in the Control Panel?
    • What build and version of Windows 10 are you using?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried based on the threads that you've read?
    For initial troubleshooting, you can run the built-in troubleshooter for HomeGroup by following the steps below:

• On the Search bar, type Troubleshoot.
    • Open the Control Panel from the search result.
    • Click View all and locate HomeGroup.
    • Click HomeGroup and follow the on-screen guide to run the troubleshooter.
    We hope to hear from you soon.

Jennifer Cha, Nov 25, 2019
  4. DTG1 Win User

Specific File Sharing

Cannot access shared network drive

Personally, I wouldnt use Everyone. If anyone hacks into you, they have full access to everything and can demolish everything on your raid. I would rather set up accounts and access separately for each person. That way, I know who did all that damage. In the end with a little extra work, I feel more secure by using Authenticated Users.

If this helps.
    step 1 create non-microsoft account and without email and address without admin rights
    step 2 share a drive or folder to specific user account (if Everyone is listed, remove it)
    step 3 set security > add Authenticated Users (if more than 1 account) or add specific users
    step 3a remove Everyone from list
    step 3b uncheck full control and write for all items listed except SYSTEM and Admin account.
    step 4 right click Start > Computer Management > System Tools > Shared Folders > Shares ... to verify settings and change anything else. You can also see the number of connections to each share here.

Thema:

Specific File Sharing

1. Specific File Sharing - Similar Threads - Specific File Sharing

2. How to share folder to specific user on specific PC on the network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to share folder to specific user on specific PC on the network: Hello, I have 3 PCs running Windows 10 (Home) and one of them is sharing a folder to the others. I shared the folder using Right click on the folder > Properties > Sharing > Advanced Sharing > Share this folder > Permissions > Everyone > Change (Or Full Access, depends what I...
  3. Sharing Files with Specific People Question

Sharing Files with Specific People Question: The new file sharing options in Windows 10 requires I share with Specific People. When I try to add a specific person who is on a different computer, it takes me to a window for adding an account to my computer. I don't want that person to have an account on my computer, I...
  4. Share a Folder on a Network with specific PCs

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Share a Folder on a Network with specific PCs: Hi, I want to share a folder from my Computer (PC0) with two other Computers (PC1, PC2) only in my home network. But I don't want other Computers (for example PC3) on the network to be able to access it. (I don't mind if they can see it). Is this possible? I already know...
  5. Sharing files between specific computers

Sharing files between specific computers: I have a laptop running Windows 10 and a desktop running Windows 7. I need a way to share filesonly between them. This means that other desktops and laptops on the same network cannot access the shared files on those 2 machines, nor the 2 machines can access the shared...
  6. Cant access a specific shared mount

Cant access a specific shared mount: From my windows laptop cannot access a specific shared mount that belongs to the domain my laptop is already in. There are 2 other shared mounts that I can access from same windows 10 laptop. I can also access all 3 shared mounts from another windows 10 laptop in same...
  7. Show specific info on specific files.

Show specific info on specific files.: Hi Everybody. Can someone help me? I'd love to have my windows 10 to show Exposion, ISO, F-stop, Shutter, every tom I open a picture in a folder. How can I set this for all folders, so I do not have to do it every time I open a new folder with pictures? All the best....
  8. File Sharing to specific other windows system

File Sharing to specific other windows system: Hi I have shared files between windows system within network publicly . it is working fine. But right now I want to share file to specific system within network. How's this is possible? All System within network using windows 10....
  9. Setting "Everyone" in File Sharing to Work with Specific Users

Setting "Everyone" in File Sharing to Work with Specific Users: Hi All, I have been attempting to understand file sharing where you specify permissions for specific users, but I get conflicting advice from the Win 10 forums and very recent 2016 and 2017 articles. I searched your forums and tutorials and have not found an answer either....
  10. VPN Sharing to a specific IP -

VPN Sharing to a specific IP -: Hi guys, I have a VPN that runs on my windows 10. I would like to have that VPN shared/route to a specific IP (that IP is a router set up as an access point, and has wireless and ethernet ports, both working. dlink dir-655 that doesnt support DD-WRT). WHY i want to...