Windows 10: Specific games always stutter and crash after hardware change

Discus and support Specific games always stutter and crash after hardware change in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; PLEASE READ: I have reinstalled windows completely, tried drivers from two months ago, made a registry edit (tdrDelay or something like that), changed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by jaredvanenkevort, May 27, 2019.

1. Specific games always stutter and crash after hardware change

PLEASE READ: I have reinstalled windows completely, tried drivers from two months ago, made a registry edit (tdrDelay or something like that), changed nvidia power settings, tried an older gpu, tried a whole different motherboard, 3 different kits of ram at different speeds, reinstalled drivers using DDU, removed gpu overclocks, disabled fullscreen optimization for games, ran windows memory test changed cpu priority of games...I'm definitely missing some things I tried, I just can't remember them all. Overheating is not an issue for both the cpu and gpu , both stay below 70 c. SPECS; Ryzen 7 2700x stock w/xfr, EVGA GTX 1080 FTW, Corsair AX 760, G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) (PC4 25600) F4-3200C16D-16GTZR, Asus ROG X470 Gaming F, a kingston 240gb ssd, 1tb hdd and 4 tb hdd. A few weeks ago I decide to upgrade my old 3rd gen i7 pc to a Ryzen 7 system. After booting up and installing drivers, everything seemed fine. I noticed when playing pubg and fortnite the games run very fast, yet it constantly hitches and stutters. If the stutter is strong enough, it seems the nvidia driver hangs and the game crashes. In fortnite, the game log will say something along the lines of "waiting for gpu to catch up (0.5 seconds). It will print the line over and over until I kill the game in task manager. PUBG does the same, but both games will only do this when I am actually in a match. The gpu will still run at the same boost clock in the lobby as it does in game (since it's on prefer high performance) yet being in a match is what will cause it to hang. In the windows event manager the event's catergory is "display" and will read "Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered". What's odd about this is Rainbow Six siege exhibits absolutely NONE of these issues and hasn't crashed on me at all since the hardware upgrade. The stutter isn't present whatsoever when I am in windows, it also persists when I dissconnect the PC from the internet and play offline games. Help is appreciated, I am at an absolutely loss regrading this one.

EDIT: Another game that doesn't exhibit stutter and freezing is Doom 2016, I noticed whenever I change the graphics API (in the in game menu's) from Vulkan to OpenGL the game starts stuttering and running poorly. When I change it back to Vulkan the issues completely disappear.

:)

jaredvanenkevort, May 27, 2019
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, May 27, 2019
  3. all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, May 27, 2019
  4. Specific games always stutter and crash after hardware change

Mouse ticking stuttering issues when gaming

Hi Edy,

To isolate your concern regarding your mouse ticking stuttering, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any changes prior to the issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Are you experiencing the same issue when playing other games?
    • Does the issue also occur in other programs?
    Looking forward to your reply.

Regards.

Robelene Win, May 27, 2019
Thema:

Specific games always stutter and crash after hardware change

1. Specific games always stutter and crash after hardware change - Similar Threads - Specific games always

2. I'm stuttering in my games It wasn't always like this

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm stuttering in my games It wasn't always like this: I'm not entirely sure why exactly this is happening to me again, I've looked up online and couldn't find a proper concrete solution to my exact situation.I updated my geforce experience driver, my device manager display adapters, and used the benchmark graphic when gaming...
  3. Audio always stuttering

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio always stuttering: Hello again,We recently purchased a new laptop in November, replacing the old 2018 VivoBook. However, we've just picked up on some bloody audio stuttering again.Does this normally happen for all computers even other devices e.g. mobile phones or is it just because of moronic...
  4. Audio always stuttering

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio always stuttering: Hello again,We recently purchased a new laptop in November, replacing the old 2018 VivoBook. However, we've just picked up on some bloody audio stuttering again.Does this normally happen for all computers even other devices e.g. mobile phones or is it just because of moronic...
  5. I am always stuttering when it comes to games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am always stuttering when it comes to games: This issue has been plaguing me for the past 5 months now. I'm not sure how it happened because it wasn't always like this, I have tried several attempts such as - Updating display adapters - setting in-game graphic quality to low - system configuration > services of...
  6. Constant Crashes after Hardware Changes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Constant Crashes after Hardware Changes: I recently had an issue where my PC just stopped working. It seemed to be a PSU issue so I replaced that, but then the GPU was also not working, so I replaced that. At the same time I also replaced the MOBO and CPU. Probably not the best idea to replace all at the same time,...
  7. Constant Crashes after Hardware Changes

Constant Crashes after Hardware Changes: I recently had an issue where my PC just stopped working. It seemed to be a PSU issue so I replaced that, but then the GPU was also not working, so I replaced that. At the same time I also replaced the MOBO and CPU. Probably not the best idea to replace all at the same time,...
  8. all games crash after hardware upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    all games crash after hardware upgrade: i upgraded my motherboard cpu ram and didn't upgrade my gpu and i have been getting countless crashes and bluescreen can u look into this dump ?https://drive.google.com/file/d/1tAJsKQxvtAQnxwQlBDJF7XIuube_Sfat/view?usp=sharing...
  9. all games crash after hardware upgrade

all games crash after hardware upgrade: i upgraded my motherboard cpu ram and didn't upgrade my gpu and i have been getting countless crashes and bluescreen can u look into this dump ?https://drive.google.com/file/d/1tAJsKQxvtAQnxwQlBDJF7XIuube_Sfat/view?usp=sharing...
  10. Games always crash after an inconsistent amount of time!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games always crash after an inconsistent amount of time!: The games crash after an inconsistent amount of time like stated. Sometimes the games crash after 1 or 2 minutes, sometimes after 1,2 or even 3 hours. This happens most in GTA:V and Minecraft. It is unplayable in its current state. The pc is brand new ( less than one month...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. pc stuuters and crashes

2. games stutter and crash