Windows 10: Specific Internet Browsers Will Not Launch

Discus and support Specific Internet Browsers Will Not Launch in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hey y'all. I've been having this issue since I got my laptop Dell XPS 9500 with i7 core, 16 GBs of RAM in February of 2021. The performance has been... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by erothera, May 6, 2021.

1. erothera Win User

Specific Internet Browsers Will Not Launch

Hey y'all. I've been having this issue since I got my laptop Dell XPS 9500 with i7 core, 16 GBs of RAM in February of 2021. The performance has been great, but my main gripe has been with internet browser issues. When I first got my laptop I installed Google Chrome, which to my surprise would not launch. I would click on the desktop shortcut, a window would popup on my Toolbar for a millisecond almost, and then would shut off almost immediately. I was a little annoyed, but installed Firefox instead and it worked fine. The problems began when Firefox refused to work one day I want to say ab

:)

erothera, May 6, 2021

2. Automatic login to Outlook on launching Internet Explorer browser on Windows 10.

Hello Rahill,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We regret the inconvenience caused and will assist you in resolving the issue.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions:

• Are you facing the login to Outlook on launching the browser issue since upgrade?

• Have you enabled Start with tabs from the last session option from
      Internet explorer settings?

Let me confirm that the URL link http://www.msn.com/?pc=EUPP_ is safe and a valid MSN link. The extension
    part of the URL is automatically added as part of site redirection and nothing more.
    Since the extension is safe and genuine to use, it is not necessary to remove the extension.

If the issue to login to Outlook on launching the browser is recent, I suggest you to change the
    Internet Explorer settings by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Open Internet Explorer web browser and press
      Alt + X keys on the keyboard to open the browser settings.

• Select Internet Options from the menu.

• From the window, un-check Start with tabs from the last session under
      Startup option.

• Click on Apply and OK.

• Close and open the browser to check if the changes are effective.

Write to us with the answers to the above questions and the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, May 6, 2021
  3. Unable to set default browser

• Does this issue happens while you try to set other browser as default too or is it specific to specific browser?

Any browser.

Already did the steps you suggested. It's some kind of bug where it's impossible to set a default browser at all.

I heard elsewhere from one other user
    that it seems to be a problem with upgrading to 10 on the SP3. Sounds very specifc.

guustavooo, May 6, 2021
  4. Specific Internet Browsers Will Not Launch

Error: "Internet Explorer is not responding" and "Website not responding" while accessing the browser on Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your response and information.

As Windows 10 as Microsoft Edge in-built browser, I suggest you to try that browser and check if this issue persists.

For the issues with Internet Explorer try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run the Internet Explorer Performance troubleshooter.

• Press Windows key, type troubleshooting
      and select it.
    • Click on View all in the left pane.
    • Click onInternet Explorer Performance and follow the onscreen instructions.

Step 2: I suggest you to turn off and on Internet Explorer and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows + R, type Control Panel
      and hit Enter.
    • Click on Programs and Features.
    • Click on Turn Windows features on or off from the left pane.
    • Uncheck Internet Explorer, click on Ok.
    • Restart the computer and repeat the same as above to place a check mark on Internet Explorer.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, May 6, 2021
Thema:

Specific Internet Browsers Will Not Launch

1. Specific Internet Browsers Will Not Launch - Similar Threads - Specific Internet Browsers

2. System specification is incorrect in browsers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System specification is incorrect in browsers: I am running Windows 11 Home, Version 21H2, OS Build 22000.832, Windows Experience Pack 1000.22000.832.0 on a Dell Inspiron 15 5000.I tried to login to my online Chase account today. Chase posted a message that they no longer support my browser and I should update...
  3. System specification is incorrect in browsers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System specification is incorrect in browsers: I am running Windows 11 Home, Version 21H2, OS Build 22000.832, Windows Experience Pack 1000.22000.832.0 on a Dell Inspiron 15 5000.I tried to login to my online Chase account today. Chase posted a message that they no longer support my browser and I should update...
  4. Internet Browser

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet Browser: 23.3.2022Hello,I have heard that on Win 11 the only Browser allowed is Edge. I do not want to use Edge, I would like to use Opera and/or firefox and do not like being hemmed in on my choices.Is it possible to use Opera and Firefox on Win11 without any problems? If not, this...
  5. Internet Browser

Internet Browser: 23.3.2022Hello,I have heard that on Win 11 the only Browser allowed is Edge. I do not want to use Edge, I would like to use Opera and/or firefox and do not like being hemmed in on my choices.Is it possible to use Opera and Firefox on Win11 without any problems? If not, this...
  6. Unable to launch browsers

in Browsers and Email
    Unable to launch browsers: This is the response I get when trying to launch either EDGE (default) browser or CHROME. What does it mean and how can I quickly get access to my browsers? 183264
  7. Internet Browser

Internet Browser: It's been a while since this board has discussed and recommended Internet Browsers. A few years ago, Pale Moon was a board favorite. I have been using it, but even though I keep it updated, it has some failures on some web sites. What is everyone's current favorite??...
  8. Browsers delayed launch

in Browsers and Email
    Browsers delayed launch: Hello everyone. I have a small (but irritating) problem that I need help with. Recently (can't exactly remember when) Firefox and Chrome started taking too long to launch. After launch there is no slowdown or choppiness, they both run fine. The time to launch for each browser...
  9. browser crashes on specific webpages

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    browser crashes on specific webpages: I'm using windows 10, and each time i use to open or search hackerrank, hackerearth , malwayrebytes my browser crashes irrespective of which browser i'm using. it also crashes on some links which i could not remember. i have tried to open these links on different devices...
  10. Internet browsers

in Browsers and Email
    Internet browsers: Hello folks, I am wondering if there is a specific web browser that works particularly well with Windows 10 I have been using Firefox but lately this seems to be very erratic and so I am thinking of using something else. I have done this via Microsoft Edge but, I find...