Windows 10: Specific IP request using specific network adapter.

Discus and support Specific IP request using specific network adapter. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, forgive me if this is an odd or easy question, but I've been searching for a week and cannot seem to find an answer/solution.I'm using WIndows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Wyatt Parker, Jun 23, 2022.

1. Specific IP request using specific network adapter.

Hello, forgive me if this is an odd or easy question, but I've been searching for a week and cannot seem to find an answer/solution.I'm using WIndows 11, I have two network adaptors with a home server that hosts a personal server. What I'm trying to do is when I need to access the server, It continues to try and use the main network adapter which fails, unless I disable that network card in device manager. Is there a way to tell windows, "Hey, if you see this IP Address, being requested, use Network Adapter B, not A!" without having to cut off the internet to my machine?

:)

Wyatt Parker, Jun 23, 2022
  2. NavyLCDR Win User

Assigning a specific IP and gateway for a specific network

What router are you using for your lab network? Does it have DHCP reservation capability? In the router you set it to assign specific IP addresses to the specific MAC addresses of the client network adapters connecting to it. You leave the clients set for DHCP and when connecting to that router they will always get the same IP address. When they connect to a different router, then they get a different IP address assigned by that router.

NavyLCDR, Jun 23, 2022
  3. atinfo Win User
    hide specific Network connection adapter from Network list

Hi Mr @Brink ,

Is there a way to hide specific "Network connection adapter" from the "Network" list in system tray (network icon list)?
    I have 3 network adapters, Ethernet,WiFi and Microsoft KM-Test Loopback adapter (name as KeyShot). Whenever I disable Ethernet and WiFi adapter, KeyShot adapter appears as an Unidentified network (SS below). I know I can hide it by disable the adapter, but I don't want to disable it because Keyshot app needs that network adapter to work on Win OS.

Specific IP request using specific network adapter. [​IMG]

I want the network list be shown as SS below (I want to hide just KeyShot adapter from the list):

atinfo, Jun 23, 2022
  4. wneves99 Win User

Specific IP request using specific network adapter.

Static IP with a specific Network

Hi. Sometimes, i need use a static IP in a network at the office. With my android phone, the specific network as configured to get static IP. All other networks gets automatic IP's.

So, when i need connect windows 10 to this network, i open control panel, select network adapter, enter a static ip, and done. If i need use other network, disable static IP in network card proprieties. It is a cycled problem.

It is a boring problem, as you see.

Have any solution to this issue ?

P.S. - My English level is not good enough yet, but i am working on this.

wneves99, Jun 23, 2022
Thema:

Specific IP request using specific network adapter.

1. Specific IP request using specific network adapter. - Similar Threads - Specific request using

2. is it possible to restict an application to use a specific ethernetport or network?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    is it possible to restict an application to use a specific ethernetport or network?: I was wondering wether it is possible to use 2 different ethernet connections and restrict one application to only use 1 specific connection. I do have 2 different wan addresses....
  3. Specific IP request using specific network adapter.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Specific IP request using specific network adapter.: Hello, forgive me if this is an odd or easy question, but I've been searching for a week and cannot seem to find an answer/solution.I'm using WIndows 11, I have two network adaptors with a home server that hosts a personal server. What I'm trying to do is when I need to...
  4. Network problem with specific device on specific network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network problem with specific device on specific network: Hi there, I'm having an issue connecting my PC to my home internet. I built the PC a few weeks ago, and am using an MSI b450 carbon pro max wifi - all mobo/network/wifi drivers are up to date, windows is up to date. For the first 2 weeks I was connected to my home network...
  5. Can't connect to a specific network

Can't connect to a specific network: Hello, So I tried all the ways to connect to my home network using my laptop but all ended with failures, I could connect to other wifis though, I could connect to my home network from the laptop by using wifi bridge from my cellphone. So it doesn't appeal to me that it's a...
  6. hide specific Network connection adapter from Network list

hide specific Network connection adapter from Network list: Hi Mr @Brink , Is there a way to hide specific "Network connection adapter" from the "Network" list in system tray (network icon list)? I have 3 network adapters, Ethernet,WiFi and Microsoft KM-Test Loopback adapter (name as KeyShot). Whenever I disable Ethernet and WiFi...
  7. Force profgrams to use specific network adapter

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Force profgrams to use specific network adapter: Okay so here's my situation. I have on my desktop 2 network adapters (1 pcie, 1 usb), both wifi, and I have access to 2 wifi connections, my home wifi and my phone over 4g. I would like to be able to play games with the 4g connection of my phone because of better stability...
  8. Assigning a specific IP and gateway for a specific network

Assigning a specific IP and gateway for a specific network: Hey All, I've been working in a lab recently where in order to connect to some of the hardware, we have to connect to a special wireless network, we'll call it <hardware network>. In order for everything to work, i have to use a pre-assigned static ipv4 address <hardware...
  9. VPN Sharing to a specific IP -

VPN Sharing to a specific IP -: Hi guys, I have a VPN that runs on my windows 10. I would like to have that VPN shared/route to a specific IP (that IP is a router set up as an access point, and has wireless and ethernet ports, both working. dlink dir-655 that doesnt support DD-WRT). WHY i want to...
  10. Static IP with a specific Network

Static IP with a specific Network: Hi. Sometimes, i need use a static IP in a network at the office. With my android phone, the specific network as configured to get static IP. All other networks gets automatic IP's. So, when i need connect windows 10 to this network, i open control panel, select network...