Windows 10: Specific laptop keyboard keys work intermittently

Discus and support Specific laptop keyboard keys work intermittently in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Throughout the past few months, specific keys on my laptop keyboard have been working intermittently. These include 't', 'y' and 'o'. At times, I will... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AzrielParchment, Apr 28, 2021.

1. Specific laptop keyboard keys work intermittently

Throughout the past few months, specific keys on my laptop keyboard have been working intermittently. These include 't', 'y' and 'o'. At times, I will have to press and hold these keys for them to be registered, at other times they operate as they should. I have several of the common solutions to these sorts of errors; including uninstalling the driver in the Device Manager and ensuring that the Filter Keys setting is turned off. A USB keyboard will not have this issue when plugged in. Using any DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image commands will result in the following message from the Command Prompt,

:)

AzrielParchment, Apr 28, 2021

2. Keyboard Volume Keys not working while in-game

I happen to have used the Tt Challenger Pro keyboard in the past, and the volume keys worked flawlessly in every game, so it's indeed a weird problem. I would suggest the same thing sneekypeet suggested, using the keyboard software and assign this function to a hotkey, but you said that didn't work either, so yeah...

George_o/c, Apr 28, 2021
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Keyboard shortcut Alt key not working

Hi,

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

• Since when are you facing this issue?

• Did you make any software or hardware changes on your computer prior to this issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: You may check if the ALT key is functioning correctly in on-screen keyboard. It will help us to verify if there is any issue with the keyboard.

Follow the steps below to open On-screen Keyboard.

• Windows + Q, type OSK (on-screen keyboard)

• And check if it works
    Step 2: Run Hardware and device Troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your devices. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Apr 28, 2021
  4. niko084 Win User

Specific laptop keyboard keys work intermittently

Built in keyboard not working

Certainly try this, also does it work flawlessly in the bios or a live disc? If so you have one odd OS issue, if not I'd suspect a cable issue, while the keyboard itself could be failing a specific key would be more common to work intermittently than the whole keyboard.

niko084, Apr 28, 2021
Thema:

Specific laptop keyboard keys work intermittently

1. Specific laptop keyboard keys work intermittently - Similar Threads - Specific laptop keyboard

2. Keyboard intermittently not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard intermittently not working: My keyboard is intermittently not working on my HP Spectre 360. There will be certain keys that when pressed do nothing. Later on the same key will be working perfectly. So far, I've tried updating the driver, updating windows, uninstalling the keyboard and reinstalling it,...
  3. Keyboard intermittently not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard intermittently not working: My keyboard is intermittently not working on my HP Spectre 360. There will be certain keys that when pressed do nothing. Later on the same key will be working perfectly. So far, I've tried updating the driver, updating windows, uninstalling the keyboard and reinstalling it,...
  4. Only specific keys work on my keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Only specific keys work on my keyboard: only half of the keys on my keyboard works after I was typing very fast. The keys are not dirty.Any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/only-specific-keys-work-on-my-keyboard/83d9fdcf-459c-404f-9eb8-38df4230c683
  5. Only specific keys work on my keyboard

Only specific keys work on my keyboard: only half of the keys on my keyboard works after I was typing very fast. The keys are not dirty.Any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/only-specific-keys-work-on-my-keyboard/83d9fdcf-459c-404f-9eb8-38df4230c683
  6. Certain Keys on Keyboard Working Intermittently Then Not at All

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Certain Keys on Keyboard Working Intermittently Then Not at All: Hello all! My W, 2, and f1 keys have gradually stopped working and now don't work at all. I am currently coping and pasting w and using numpad for 2. I have a G15 5511 Dell laptop. I already tried doing a clean boot, using the keyboard troubleshooter, looking for corrupted...
  7. Certain Keys on Keyboard Working Intermittently Then Not at All

Certain Keys on Keyboard Working Intermittently Then Not at All: Hello all! My W, 2, and f1 keys have gradually stopped working and now don't work at all. I am currently coping and pasting w and using numpad for 2. I have a G15 5511 Dell laptop. I already tried doing a clean boot, using the keyboard troubleshooter, looking for corrupted...
  8. keyboard key stopped working on specific computer

keyboard key stopped working on specific computer: My Pc wont write the "multiplication" symbol via my numpad anymore. It used to work. I have tried with another keyboard, same result. I have tried the keyboard in another pc aswell, and it works fine.I have tried safe mode, dont workI have updated drivers via device manager,...
  9. Specific keys on laptop keyboard are failing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Specific keys on laptop keyboard are failing: The keyboard on my laptop failed to type some keys. I removed one of them and cleaned it but didn't fix. Sometimes they work, but they mostly are failing. The keys that are failing are also in different zones of the keyboard. Assumed it was electronic issue, so replacement is...
  10. Laptop Keyboard Intermittent Key Failure

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop Keyboard Intermittent Key Failure: Hi, I just purchased an Alienware 17R3 running Windows 10. My BIOS, drivers and Alienware/Dell applications are up to date, thanks to my tech support phone call today. When I start my laptop, if it has been sitting more than 30 minutes, I have several keys fail to...