Windows 10: Specific mouse causes lag in games

Discus and support Specific mouse causes lag in games in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I bought a wired Easterntimes tech gaming mouse a while ago and it worked fine. But recently it's started to cause fps drops in games that I play.The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by GoldenGallantry, Apr 29, 2021.

1. Specific mouse causes lag in games

I bought a wired Easterntimes tech gaming mouse a while ago and it worked fine. But recently it's started to cause fps drops in games that I play.The mouse works fine as a normal mouse, and only affects games.A different mouse and the computer's trackpad both work fine. It's only this specific one.I've tried: reinstalling drivers updating drivers, updating windows, disabling "enhance pointer precision", restarting the computer, trying different ports, freeing up disk space.

:)

GoldenGallantry, Apr 29, 2021

2. Turning game mode on causes mouse lag

Hi Kay,

For me to better assist you with this concern, I would like to gather more information about the issue at hand. Allow me to ask the following:

• What updates were trying to install on the background?
    • Did the issue appear after the updates were installed?
    • What type of mouse were you using?
    • Does the mouse lags when playing a specific game?

In the meantime, please start your computer in safe mode and see if the issue persists. Doing so will help us determine whether or not the recent updates have triggered the problem. Please check the link Start
    your PC in safe mode in Windows 10
    for the steps.

Looking forward to your reply.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Apr 29, 2021
  3. Kay Es Win User
    Turning game mode on causes mouse lag

• It was a .net optimization service and windows defender update, which also took up a lot of cpu usage. (I'm guessing that's what caused the mouse to stutter and lag).
    • No, the game runs fine, as long as there aren't any compulsory windows updates that decide to run all of a sudden when I've been gaming an hour in.
    • Logitech G403. Uninstalled the drivers thinking it was a problem.
    • Yeah, especially those that utilise 100% cpu usage.

Just in case, it's a i5 7300HQ.

Kay Es, Apr 29, 2021
  4. BossDweeb Win User

Specific mouse causes lag in games

Mouse Lag in Games

Mouse lag in games can be caused by using too high graphics settings, but can sometimes caused by having V-sync enabled,

particularly if the game is not running at high frame rates without V-sync being enabled. Enabling Triple-Buffering when using

V-sync can help with this in some instances.

Having FreeSync enabled can cause lag if your laptop does not use AMD graphics.

I believe a dodgy HDMI cable can also affect a monitors input lag, which in turn cause mouse lag.

BossDweeb, Apr 29, 2021
Thema:

Specific mouse causes lag in games

1. Specific mouse causes lag in games - Similar Threads - Specific mouse causes

2. Mouse lagging at specific times???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse lagging at specific times???: I am having issues with wireless mouses having lagging issues. I have tried 4 different wireless mouses 3 Logitech and I Microsoft. I work from home and this issue specifically seems to happen between 2-4pm, like clockwork! Last week, when it would happen, I was switching...
  3. Mouse lagging at specific times???

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse lagging at specific times???: I am having issues with wireless mouses having lagging issues. I have tried 4 different wireless mouses 3 Logitech and I Microsoft. I work from home and this issue specifically seems to happen between 2-4pm, like clockwork! Last week, when it would happen, I was switching...
  4. Mouse lagging at specific times???

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Mouse lagging and causing continuous beeps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse lagging and causing continuous beeps: My mouse pad has being lagging of late the laptop freezeson it's own and only the mouse point moves Aside that nothing works not even the keyboard . It doesn't move like the normal movement of a its glitches and then the laptop makes a continuous beeping sound like...
  6. Mouse lagging and causing continuous beeps

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mouse lagging and causing continuous beeps: My mouse pad has being lagging of late the laptop freezeson it's own and only the mouse point moves Aside that nothing works not even the keyboard . It doesn't move like the normal movement of a its glitches and then the laptop makes a continuous beeping sound like...
  7. mouse button lag in game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    mouse button lag in game: Example This happen because holding keyboard keys overbooking the systemi try a lots of solution nothing work, win10 will make a patch for this issue? I migrated from win7 all was fine before....
  8. Moving Mouse causes sever lag in games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moving Mouse causes sever lag in games: PC Specs CPU: *AMD FX-8350 4 GHz 8-Core Processor Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8 GB 2 x 4 GB DDR3-1600 CL9 Memory Memory: *Corsair Vengeance 16 GB 2 x 8 GB DDR3-1600 CL9 Memory Storage: *Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive Storage: *Samsung 860 Evo 1...
  9. Mouse Lag in Games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse Lag in Games: I have an 17” HP Omen laptop connected to a 27” samsung curved monitor. Lately when gaming I have noticed that my mouse movement is significantly faster than my crosshair in game, but the thing is that it will not do it everytime I play. It is unplayable when it happens. I...
  10. Turning game mode on causes mouse lag

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Turning game mode on causes mouse lag: As per title. I initially had some issues with automatic background updates and all that nonsense eating up my bandwidth and cpu usage while i was gaming (this will be a complaint for another time). I thought about giving it a shot and turning game mode on, but nope....