Windows 10: specific screen resolutions for specific programs

Discus and support specific screen resolutions for specific programs in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; on previous versions of windows, one could choose the screen resolution for specific programs or apps. I cant find it in windows10, all I can find in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by nickprice2, Apr 7, 2020.

1. specific screen resolutions for specific programs

on previous versions of windows, one could choose the screen resolution for specific programs or apps. I cant find it in windows10, all I can find in it's place is one screen resolution option "640 x 480" and after a long time of searching for other ways to do this, it's too time consuming...

was that setting moved or gotten rid of?

640 x 480 is way too small of a resolution for what I need. My 1440p display is too large for the programs I am using and some have settings that I can easily and quickly change In the settings, but many do not. Also searching each folder with no clue which one contains the resolution is only successful a fraction of the time.

If there is no solution for windows 10, I have an nvidia video card, if there is a way to do it on that? please let me know, I haven't found it yet on that either.

I know that I can go into the settings of windows10 and change the resolution for everything as a universal setting and same for the nvidia video card, but it gets old and I cant always get the resolution that I want or I have to play around with it each time to get it right again. because I don't remember the resolution I used before

Im looking for preset resolutions for individual apps and programs., so I can spend the time to get the resolution that looks best once and be done with it and not have to test and correct it everytime.

thanks your help will be greatly appreciated.

:)

nickprice2, Apr 7, 2020
  2. Steve C Win User

How can I change the resolution for a specific program?

I don't think you can do that. You can select the program.exe file, go to the Properties / Compatibility tab and select "Disable DPI scaling on high dpi settings". You can also select "Run in 640x480 screen resolution" but that will be too large.

specific screen resolutions for specific programs [​IMG]

Steve C, Apr 7, 2020
  3. lrumaner Win User
    Latest Windows 10 Home upgrade altered my screen resolution on specific programs.

The recent upgrade from Windows 10 Home version 1511 to 1703 resulted in a problem with my screen resolution on a specific software - where the screen would not auto scale to full window correctly. This makes it impossible to use and was forced to back
    out of the upgrade. Difficult question as the software I am using is very specific. Backing out solved the problem, but Windows 10 continues to push the auto update.

Any ideas for settings, driver changes or other resolution related changes in version 1703 that could have changed in the upgrade to affect screen resolution? Changing settings to higher resolution settings helps for the specific application, but of course
    impacts all other programs, so not to helpful.

Moved From: Windows /

Windows 10
    /
    Windows update, recovery, & backup
    /
    PC

lrumaner, Apr 7, 2020
  4. Xylee Del Win User

specific screen resolutions for specific programs

How to always allow administrator permissions for a specific application

Hi Lyon,

Windows 10 gives users the ability to customize how they run applications. We suggest that you follow the steps below on how to grant administrator permission to a specific application:

• Click the Windows icon on your Windows 10 screen that will open the list of applications. Right click on the specific application that you wish to have an admin permission, click the
      More and click Open file location.
    • A new window will open to the location of the program. Right-click on the program and click
      Properties from the pop-up menu.
    • In the Properties window, click the Shortcut tab and then click
      Advanced.
    • In the Advanced Properties window, check the box next to
      Run as administrator
      and click OK.
    • The program will now open in administrator mode when you click the shortcut from the Start menu. Repeat the steps above for other desired applications.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Xylee Del, Apr 7, 2020
Thema:

specific screen resolutions for specific programs

1. specific screen resolutions for specific programs - Similar Threads - specific screen resolutions

2. How to make popup windows and dialog boxes for specific program appear on specific screen?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to make popup windows and dialog boxes for specific program appear on specific screen?: Hi,One of our technicians in the lab has two monitors lets call them monitor 1 and monitor 2.Also the technician uses two programs program 1 and program 2.The technician wants - program 1 and all it's dialog and popup windows to only appear on monitor 1and - program 2 and all...
  3. How to make popup windows and dialog boxes for specific program appear on specific screen?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to make popup windows and dialog boxes for specific program appear on specific screen?: Hi,One of our technicians in the lab has two monitors lets call them monitor 1 and monitor 2.Also the technician uses two programs program 1 and program 2.The technician wants - program 1 and all it's dialog and popup windows to only appear on monitor 1and - program 2 and all...
  4. is there a way to block a specific program from accessing a specific website?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    is there a way to block a specific program from accessing a specific website?: i know i can edit the hosts file but the hosts file blocks all apps. is there a way to only block 1 app from accessing a website? google wasn't any help.edit: the app should still be able to use the internet, just not access a few websites....
  5. Any way to have custom resolution on a specific program?

Any way to have custom resolution on a specific program?: I have an application not from Microsoft store that always runs at a lower resolution than my actual monitor's resolution. There are no options to change this within the application, and I already run on the highest resolution windows will allow. Is there any way to force the...
  6. How do I turn down the resolution for a specific program.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I turn down the resolution for a specific program.: I recently got a 4k monitor, and unfortunately this caused my already not powerful laptop to run my games (Valorant in this case) even slower than before. I'm wondering if there's a way to make my laptop run specifically Valorant in a lower resolution, but then keep...
  7. How to automatically change Nvidia settings screen resolution when a specific program is...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to automatically change Nvidia settings screen resolution when a specific program is...: I've went through so many sites but didn't find any proper answer. I want to play csgo in 1024x768(4:3) but in borderless windowed mode. When I chose borderless window mode in csgo setting it doesn't let me change the resolution. I have to set window mode to fullscreen to...
  8. To Specify Display Resolution for a specific program

To Specify Display Resolution for a specific program: I am running a software package that requires a much lower resolution and would only like to run just that program with that setting. How can I change the properties to open that way?...
  9. can I adjust display resolution for specific program

can I adjust display resolution for specific program: I generally use the recommended display resolution (1920 X 1080). However there is one program I have where that resolution is unsatisfactory. So I have to always change that resolution, and then change it back when I am done with that program. Is there any way to set...
  10. How can I change the resolution for a specific program?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I change the resolution for a specific program?: My default resolution is 1920x1260 but I have one program that runs best at 1260x1028. How can I set it up so the resolution changes when I run that program then changes back when it ends? 71143